The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Argonian Xanmeer "Xanadu" Construction to Finished.

Asmon
Asmon
✭✭✭
After posting in the PTS Discussion how Yuck the Stay Moist Mansion was, and how a Xanmeer would have been better, I have decided to take up the challenge of rebuilding a Xanmeer over the top of the Mud House. I have finished the first two of a ten stage plan for my Xanmeer, aptly named "Xanadu" as can be seen by the screenshot below, as I finish each stage I'll post a new picture. My hope is that Zenimax reads this post and perhaps adds a feature to Homestead that allows us to snap pieces together, as each placement of the tiles I am using sometimes requires some thirty positioning steps to get things straight. One would also I hope we soon see brick walls and overall more struture pieces, as to make each of the Argonian Tiles is quite expensive.

2j0gso9.png

EDIT: A larger clickable picture added. 21.2.17.

Edited by Asmon on March 18, 2017 3:38AM
Alderi Dominion [Nocturnal]
Asmon - Argonian - Warden
Yautja - Argonian - Dragonknight
Zhakiis - Argonian - Nightblade
Asinar - Argonian - Templar
Tlixija - Argonian - Sorcerer
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That already looks amazing. I'm bookmarking this post, but please update it soon.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Asmon
    Asmon
    ✭✭✭
    Finished the corridor leading to the entrance of the Mansion, several Orc stage Platforms were used as walls.

21ooil3.png

Working on the next tier of the Xanmeer, may be a week before next post as I'm exhausting all the supplies of Mundane Runes across Tamriel, and will need to wait for to traders restock their supplies.

For budding enthusiasts who wish to build their own Xamneer, first need to acquire the Plan - Praxis: Argonian Tile, Inscribed, this on the NA server is quite expensive, cost me 250k for mine, each tile in mats costs around 6k, and you will need a lot of them, at the this time I have made close to 100 tiles, by time I am finished I expect to have outlaid close to a million in gp. Here is hopeing in the near future Zenimax does make walls you can buy for 100 gp, like all the small dark blocks I use (over 150 so far) on top of each tier.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would get more attention in general, amazing
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great work so far! :smiley:

Slightly OT, I wish the Orcish Platform was a solid block. I tried using one for a wall but those 'feet' rather ruin the effect and the Orcish Bar requires me to stack multiple items atop one another...wherein I run into the problem you stated with keeping everything straight. :'(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Asmon
    Asmon
    ✭✭✭
    Well after spending 12 hours searching every trade vendor for mundane runes, I have finished the Xanmeer with 488 spots taken, still got to tweak a few spots, add the garden, and put some furniture about, should be done within a week, if anyone in game wants to have a look, just mail me @Asmon NA Server in game, and I'll put you in the visitor section. Here is some extra screenshots to wet your appetite. When it's all finished I am going to post it in General Section for a wider audience.

mt35s0.png

1036hau.png

Was little annoyed no scenic spot so I created my own gondor ledge here's the view...

34iiqgp.png

Hopefully also get some screenshots during day time, whilst its not raining, which happens a lot in Shadowfen.
    Edited by Asmon on February 23, 2017 6:10AM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Asmon this is amazing! :) Well done!! Definitely see if you can do a video tour of it at some point, reddit would love to see that as well as people on the forums :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Asmon
    Asmon
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted info, full description in next post.
    Edited by Asmon on March 18, 2017 3:36AM
  • Asmon
    Asmon
    ✭✭✭
    Carbon copy of my post in General Discussion, however seems to be getting lost in the forums, as such posting it here for ease. With video at bottom.

After spending many hours on my aptly named "Xanadu" (Stay-Moist Mansion), I have finished my Xanmeer. I have been posting the construction of said house in the community forums. However as was pointed out, more people will see it in the General Discussion, and perhaps Zenimax will take note. This house has all 600/600 used, and it includes 146 Argonian Inscribed Tiles, and over 200 Dark Brick Blocks in its construction. All tiles were agonisingly aligned sometimes into the teens, my hope is in the near future Zenimax give us snap tool, and an addition to the alignment with ground, another button which gives a perfect 90 degree angle on all sides button we can use. My also hopes that we see walls, ceilings, stairs etc. (basically more structures), in various stone colours, which not only can be used outside but also indoors. If by chance you want to see the house in game, (NA PC server) send me a mail in game @Asmon and I'll give you visitor status. Without further ado, I give you "Xanadu"...

ngv7uv.png

261f0ah.png

33benmc.png

153w503.png

2s951s4.png

14n02c.png

2b5jef.png

51r7kk.png

5l3r5h.png

5kogw1.png

With no watchtower, Stay-Moist didn't have a view so I created one, which gives me a view of the waterfall descending down to the Hatching Pools and the Hist Tree.

2wfuuxl.png

2hzvus.png

1tkb9y.png

Inside the mansion I intentionally did not place a lot of furniture, as I have reserved the space to do duelling, as it is round and a line of sight obstruction makes for good duelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BopMYXGue74
    Edited by Asmon on March 18, 2017 3:37AM
  • ynimma
    ynimma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful! I've seen a few very artistic housing builds already and this is again marvellous!