The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buff nightblades, or nerf tanky classes with endless sustain and good damage.

Solidsnake993
Solidsnake993
✭✭✭
I just want to keep this short and sweet by saying that I use to play nightblade, until I made this really strong templar build with endless sustain and great damage. I have absolutely amazing stats with 30k spell resistance/28k physical resistance, 3000 recovery, 3.5k spell damage, 38k max magicka, dude I'm even running engine guardian so I don't have a weakness at all to my stamina. On my nighblade I use to suffer, and I hated this game so much because my damage was not enough to kill people. I don't care if you believe they are op, right now they just fail as a class without using extra burst. Yes, I hit hard. But no the damage on its own is not enough for me to win. I cannot even last longer than 30 seconds without dying and before you freaking tell me what I'm doing wrong, save your energy because there's nothing you can do to convince me that nightblades are fine the way they are. Back to my templar, I can heal through a destro ult. If they pop that ultimate, and I pop my remembrance, my health bar doesn't even scratch a tad bit, that after that I just face roll that fool that tried to cheese me. Lol "hit vigor and rally, shuffle, put 60/60 hardy/elemental defender, wear impen, etc". Yeah I get it. There's nothing you can say or do to convince me that I need to L2P, when I can die in about 4 hits with everything I just mentioned. Do not feed me information I already know. I think it's hilarious how people claim that class strength comes from the best damage, you aren't going to kill me in my armor so go sit down when you say nightblades are op. When I see these templar builds with sword and board/duel wield, they tend to play with like 1200 recovery, and no resource management. It doesn't work like that, how are you supposed to recovery your resources with low recovery and no resto?

Why am I able to achieve so much more with so much less effort, but on the same side have idiots tell me that nightblade is the strongest class in the game? So here's what I think: Either buff nightblades, because they are kind of a joke at the moment, or nerf tanky characters by removing cp and adding softcaps. I don't think it's fair how unbalanced classes are by just these 2 simple game mechanics.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Can I see a screen shot of your magplar stats because those stats sound you like had to use berserk enchant, capture a resource, drink a potion, and use warhorn.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be a troll post.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to keep this short and sweet by saying that I use to play nightblade, until I made this really strong templar build with endless sustain and great damage. I have absolutely amazing stats with 30k spell resistance/28k physical resistance, 3000 recovery, 3.5k spell damage, 38k max magicka, dude I'm even running engine guardian so I don't have a weakness at all to my stamina. On my nighblade I use to suffer, and I hated this game so much because my damage was not enough to kill people. I don't care if you believe they are op, right now they just fail as a class without using extra burst. Yes, I hit hard. But no the damage on its own is not enough for me to win. I cannot even last longer than 30 seconds without dying and before you freaking tell me what I'm doing wrong, save your energy because there's nothing you can do to convince me that nightblades are fine the way they are. Back to my templar, I can heal through a destro ult. If they pop that ultimate, and I pop my remembrance, my health bar doesn't even scratch a tad bit, that after that I just face roll that fool that tried to cheese me. Lol "hit vigor and rally, shuffle, put 60/60 hardy/elemental defender, wear impen, etc". Yeah I get it. There's nothing you can say or do to convince me that I need to L2P, when I can die in about 4 hits with everything I just mentioned. Do not feed me information I already know. I think it's hilarious how people claim that class strength comes from the best damage, you aren't going to kill me in my armor so go sit down when you say nightblades are op. When I see these templar builds with sword and board/duel wield, they tend to play with like 1200 recovery, and no resource management. It doesn't work like that, how are you supposed to recovery your resources with low recovery and no resto?

Why am I able to achieve so much more with so much less effort, but on the same side have idiots tell me that nightblade is the strongest class in the game? So here's what I think: Either buff nightblades, because they are kind of a joke at the moment, or nerf tanky characters by removing cp and adding softcaps. I don't think it's fair how unbalanced classes are by just these 2 simple game mechanics.

Challenge accepted
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

quoted for truth.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on February 20, 2017 3:38AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

This is what happens when Newbie re-roll gankers lose 20-30K of crit proc damage.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I want that templar build!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice troll.

Also post the magicka build with every buff in the game.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every buff in game you say:

Warhorn
    SPC
    Molag Kena
    Clever alchamist
    BSW

w6xyHPi.jpg
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice try not showing your buffs. :P
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Solidsnake993
    Solidsnake993
    ✭✭✭
    nice try not showing your buffs. :P

I don't have a flash drive atm.

The build is 5 lich, 5 kags, 2 engine guardian and 2 torugs pact. These stats are buffed with the continuus attack btw.
    Edited by Solidsnake993 on February 20, 2017 5:23PM
  • Solidsnake993
    Solidsnake993
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a flash drive at the moment so I cannot provide a picture at the moment. This build has existed for a very long time now, I don't know where you can find it but ever since they added lich, and added engine guardian is how long it has existed for. If you really want to know just do the math to be honest. Any sword and board/duel wield build must be using the lich set on the back bar/jewelry, or else sustain is non-existent.
  • icontrive
    icontrive
    ✭✭✭
    Gank or switch to heavy armor. I switched to heavy on my mageblade and until they buff light I'm not going back.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

This is what happens when Newbie re-roll gankers lose 20-30K of crit proc damage.

Night blades are in a pretty bad spot though. They are much harder to play than most other classes. The only thing that is probably harder than a magblade is a magDK and stamblade is the worst stamina class as it doesn't synergies well with heavy armor (which is kinda mandatory if you want to survive all the undodgeable damage).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

Night blades are in a pretty bad spot though. They are much harder to play than most other classes. The only thing that is probably harder than a magblade is a magDK and stamblade is the worst stamina class as it doesn't synergies well with heavy armor (which is kinda mandatory if you want to survive all the undodgeable damage).

Stamblades the worst?

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

Magblades I kind of feel bad for, until I run into one of the 55K max magicka ones with necropotence, the shade pet, and EoTS. They actually hit pretty hard.
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree that heavy armour needs a nerf!
    But since everyone runs heavy this days, I expect loads of people disagreeing and saying that unicorns are real :D
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be a troll post.

LOL, the fact he said short and sweet, then crits with a wall of text makes me agree.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

Nightblades are the worst class right now in every aspect. Yeah, they need a buff.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

Stamblades the worst?

Maybe a little, but that's only because stam as a whole is bad right now in PvE. In PvP, they're pretty close.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

Stamblades are incredibly strong in open world PvP. If you are a duelist I'll agree they aren't all that great. But in cyrodiil with all the los they become incredibly strong. Especially since most people you fight in cyrodiil aren't using dueling builds. Just because stamblades can't one shot people anymore doesn't mean they aren't good
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

Stamblades the worst?

Maybe a little, but that's only because stam as a whole is bad right now in PvE. In PvP, they're pretty close.

With high burst and high mobility I just don't see them as the worst, definitely not for open world pvp 1vxing. They have all the tools a 1vxer needs

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I see a screen shot of your magplar stats because those stats sound you like had to use berserk enchant, capture a resource, drink a potion, and use warhorn.

or watched at them at the new broken are gelumbra. totltotoo
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not played a templar. But out of my DK, sorc, and NB the NB is harder to play and making even the smallest mistake will get you killed where ass my DK and sorc can make a small mistake and be okay.

I'm not entirely sure how they would buff NB. I just want cloak to be completely redesigned to work and I'd be happy. A nice class self heal would be nice too. I'd give up the "drink a potion and gain ult" passive for a heal.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have not played a templar. But out of my DK, sorc, and NB the NB is harder to play and making even the smallest mistake will get you killed where ass my DK and sorc can make a small mistake and be okay.

I'm not entirely sure how they would buff NB. I just want cloak to be completely redesigned to work and I'd be happy. A nice class self heal would be nice too. I'd give up the "drink a potion and gain ult" passive for a heal.

I think making it so we're less focused around our ultimate would be nice. Nightblades essentially are reliant on their Incap in order to kill something. My other classes aren't really reliant on their ult for kills because the other classes are just better built. Stamblades, not so much.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its the mechanics more so, people whined and moaned about getting sniped off a horse while touting themselves as a good PvPer.

So bow got Nerfed, now its procset and 2h ulti.

one-shot-no-shot is kind of the Nightblade staple - its lame, but it is what it is.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buff Nightblades. Lulz.

3/10 troll post

Stamblades the worst?

With high burst and high mobility I just don't see them as the worst, definitely not for open world pvp 1vxing. They have all the tools a 1vxer needs

Except the ability to take more than 2 hits. With all the undodgeable stuff in the game right now, its pretty rough in medium armor. Other classes do just fine in heavy, NBs don't synergies well with that at all.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suprise attack, best dps ability in pvp
    Incap, best single target ult in game
    10%extra crit damage, second best passive in game next to battle roar
    Stealth, best defensive ability in game (when working as intended)

The amount of damage, amount of sustain makes NB the top 3 pvp class imo. Only thing thats more OP is stam sorc having a stupid passive AoE execute or a magplar healing for 15k in one cast.

Now if you cant build a good NB you need to watch more pvp build videos and adapt one to your playstyle. Just because you stack 5k weapon damage and 60% crit doesnt make you a pvp god , unless youre zerging and only using incap to nuke stragglers. Then you are the finger of god
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps build a tanky stamblade. I run a Stankblade with 4k plus weapon damage, 30hp 1700 stam regen in 5 heavy with serpent stone. Running the shadow mundus I have 1500 regen but huge crit damage.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4