The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ebonheart Chateau problems - not happy with my purchase at all.

taiji2078
taiji2078
✭✭✭
Hello,

I just bought for 150 euro the Ebonheart Chateau, the fully decorated version, together with the banker Tythis Andromo - a total of precisely 20.000 Crowns.

1. I cannot summon my banker inside my castle. Is this a joke ? I need to keep all my characters in my house. This is WHY I bought the house in the first place.

2. I have to wait 10 seconds to logout from my house which is located INSIDE a city ... and when I go out of my house zone I can actually instantly logout. This is WHY I bought this castle and not the others, because it is inside a city and I should be able to instantly logout for faster character switching. If I'm using any other house inside the city it actually exits instantly, but not from the house I paid for ... WHY ?!?????? Is there anyone thinking about this at all ?

So far, this was a very bad purchase, since I have to keep my characters away from the house ... so it is a complete failure for me and a pointless loss of my money. I bought this to optimize my characters and to improve my ESO experience.

Please fix this so I can really enjoy my purchases.

Thank you.

Bye.
Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • Cody_svk
    Cody_svk
    ✭✭
    You cannot summon the banker, but you can place him inside in a fixed location via editor under assistants
    Edited by Cody_svk on February 15, 2017 10:48AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should also use /feedback in game and put this information there, it might give it more chance to land in the desk of someone who can address the issues.

If you're not aware you can place your banking NPC as an item (rather than summoning him) so you have access in your house. As for the log-off timers this is something they would need to address.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Chateau is technically outside the city limits of Mournhold.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Many players have requested the ability to log out instantly in their homes, regardless of whether that house is in town or out in the wilderness. It's a common complaint, and it strikes me as caused by an oversight. Hopefully it will get changed in the future, but in the meantime, use those extra ten seconds to stand up and stretch, or something.

And what the others said for the banker. Just go into your collections and place him like a decoration, and you can use him as normal. Personally, I'm setting up a little office space for him. :)
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    Bet you're regretting not putting that money into the new mass effect, resident evil, final fantasy 14 expansion, and the new sniper elite and/or for honor to boot depending on the deals you can find shopping around various key sellers.
    I'll admit, I'd rather have bought the horse armor myself rather than all of those mentioned games (or at least all except 1) for about the same amount of money. I have a double digit IQ, so not much was really expected of me. I'm governed by my social instincts, which make up for my lack of intelligence and my inability to think a decision through before making it. So I am in the same boat.

syke

This was en antertaining end to my day,

Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on February 16, 2017 2:29AM
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bet you're regretting not putting that money into the new mass effect, resident evil, final fantasy 14 expansion, and the new sniper elite and/or for honor to boot depending on the deals you can find shopping around various key sellers.
    I'll admit, I'd rather have bought the horse armor myself rather than all of those mentioned games (or at least all except 1) for about the same amount of money. I have a double digit IQ, so not much was really expected of me. I'm governed by my social instincts, which make up for my lack of intelligence and my inability to think a decision through before making it. So I am in the same boat.

syke

This was en antertaining end to my day,

ya op intel is the level of where they store the wine in the chateau
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    so what happens if you already own a banker and merch, do you get a 2nd one that you keep in the mansion?
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    so what happens if you already own a banker and merch, do you get a 2nd one that you keep in the mansion?

I assume it works the same way as placing a pet in your house which is that once you place the banker/pet in your house it will not be available for you to summon to your character, but you can remove it/swap it for another banker/pet by using the housing editing tool
    Edited by Surragard on February 19, 2017 12:35AM
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taiji2078 wrote: »
    I just bought for 150 euro the Ebonheart Chateau, the fully decorated version, together with the banker Tythis Andromo
    Too late now but before i was going to fork out 150€ (or 20€ for that matter) for an in-game item i would fire up the PTS and do some thorough testing first ...
    shades.gif
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a common complaint, and it strikes me as caused by an oversight. Hopefully it will get changed in the future, but in the meantime, use those extra ten seconds to stand up and stretch, or something.

Keep in mind that for the first six months you're playing this game, you have to cycle through all of your characters once a day for their horse feeding. You may continue doing this after that time for their daily crafting material mails. And most players are forced to use at least some of their alts as storage.

So it's a game where players are frequently jumping back and forth between alts and those extra 10 seconds each time add up. That being the case, I wouldn't leave any of my characters in a house. It makes more sense to log out and by extension back in, in the game's chronically overcrowded towns.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »

You can place a copy of each assistant in each and every home you might own so you always have access to them - you can still summon them outside your home in the usual places.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, why is 10 seconds really such a big deal? I'm one of those players who cycles between 12 alts for my crafting materials. It's a grand total of two extra minutes of my time.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.