The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pet Mechanics for Warden..Double Bar pets?

Khaos_Bane
Khaos_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
ZoS Please don't make us double bar the Ulti for the Bear to keep it summoned. Having to double bar pets is a bit of an odd mechanic and odd having to double-bar in general. So please, I beg you, don't release an awesome class with an oversight like that.
  • TreeHugger1
    TreeHugger1
    ✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    ZoS Please don't make us double bar the Ulti for the Bear to keep it summoned. Having to double bar pets is a bit of an odd mechanic and odd having to double-bar in general. So please, I beg you, don't release an awesome class with an oversight like that.

True, only sorcs should double bar their pets.
    Warden class should be OP.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's ridiculous to have to double bar them on any class.
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol they took my idea for a rework on the twilight and are giving it to Warden's Cliffracer ability:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3656796#Comment_3656796

This was posted during the haunting curse hysteria.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost sure they mentioned that you will be able to toggle the pet, and then it stays toggled for like 20 minutes unless they are killed.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think pets need buffed....but they also need double bared if you dont like recasting, otherwise they would have to be crap timed pets. Maybe if they made pets last for an hour, you load up a back bar with pets and just loose most utility from the second bar? I dont know...
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gibous wrote: »
    Lol they took my idea for a rework on the twilight and are giving it to Warden's Cliffracer ability:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3656796#Comment_3656796

they took yer jerb
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gibous wrote: »

Wow.

I am really surprised they decided to go with another pet line, especially a class. ESO has some of the worst implementation of pets I have seen in any MMO. I wanted to see pet's removed from the sorc tree because you have to double bar them and they are very clunky to use and terrible AI. Overall just a management nightmare and very little value.

Hopefully they put more thought into pets if they go all in.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I think pets need buffed....but they also need double bared if you dont like recasting, otherwise they would have to be crap timed pets. Maybe if they made pets last for an hour, you load up a back bar with pets and just loose most utility from the second bar? I dont know...

Huh. You don't have to double bar pets to keep them active. Just dropping a pet on one bar summons it, then hitting the button again activates an ability like any other skill.

• esotericist

Huh. You don't have to double bar pets to keep them active. Just dropping a pet on one bar summons it, then hitting the button again activates an ability like any other skill.

The sorc pets instantly unsummon when you switch bars if they're not in the other bar.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sorc pets instantly unsummon when you switch bars if they're not in the other bar.

Right, I'm saying they need to be changed to NOT do that, I know how they work.
    Edited by Khaos_Bane on February 2, 2017 8:28PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah
    Let Wardens have a nearly dead skill line, like Sorcs. They'll still be OP, like Sorcs currently are.
    Argonian forever
  • TreeHugger1
    TreeHugger1
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like both homestead and morrowind updates mostly doe to the fact they will be big updates and both of them will increase the pets population (more lag) and my game is already unplayable from 1 pm gmt til mid night.
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not have to double bar pets at all on any class.

Ridiculous expectation.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If warden doesn't need to double bar the bear then pet sorc will be close to dead.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the little volatile familiar, his aoe (especially as he's buffed in Homestead) is nasty and completely wrecks add packs. With Ward he makes a nice little tank for a lot of content too. HOWEVER. If I want to run Inner Light and Bound Aegis (which is expected) I can't use him (or Matriarch) because as all those abilities have to be slotted on both bars, I am left with SIX locked skill slots and only FOUR available to actually play. If I use more than one pet I have (lol) just two skill slots I can use.

Like, who wants to do that? That's the most boring playstyle ever. Using pets is boring because to not suck you need supportive skills that are also toggles, and you're left with no space on your bars to do anything but spam the same stuff over and over. No one wants to limit themselves like that.
    Edited by Molydeus on February 3, 2017 7:34AM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    Let Wardens have a nearly dead skill line, like Sorcs. They'll still be OP, like Sorcs currently are.

I honestly doubt that. ZOS definately proved how hard a time they have making a class with a dedicated healing tree viable in doing other things than healing just as effectively as other classes. As such Warden relying on both a healing tree, support abilities and summons it sounds like it will have the worst of both the Sorc and the Templar mashed together in a single class. I think it will be super fun to play, but horible at PvP compared to other classes, outside of playing in a medium to large sized group, even worse than templars. Not to mention that unless they give them some seriously good damage abilities they will either be replacing DKs as tanks or Templars as healers in raids; and if not they will not be sought after. I doubt they will be on par with other classes on DPS if they only have 1½ skill tree dedicated to it and relying on pets. Much like the Templar in the history of this game has been the lowest DPS overall, with the exception of the last patch or two, and to be the case come next patch again.

I will be playing the *** out of Warden, just like I do with my Stamplar at the moment, but I expect him to be shittier both at DPS in raids and 1vX / small scale than my Stamplar. If he turns out to be better I will be sour because that just means another class who will whoop the floor with me in PvP, and to take my raid spots as DPS for PvE. So no matter what I will be back to QQ on forums over the Warden. Lose / lose situation. :D
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    I'm almost sure they mentioned that you will be able to toggle the pet, and then it stays toggled for like 20 minutes unless they are killed.

they said in the twitch, that the bear stays there until it is killed and you will be able to heal and buff it, so no time limit
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

they said in the twitch, that the bear stays there until it is killed and you will be able to heal and buff it, so no time limit

Right, but what does that really mean? I could EASILY see them having no times limit on the bear, then you switch bars with another ultimate slotted and the bear unsummons . These developers have done some great work, but they do tend to miss the most simple details that really impact the game.

It was like the change they were making to Coag Blood for the DK. Have the size of the heal depend on how low you are on Magicka. That makes zero sense at all but it made it to PTS before they even realized that. The entire community heard the mechanics and new it would be bad just reading it. That is the kind stuff they do at times to make you wonder what they were thinking.
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    Right, but what does that really mean?

Have you played Sorcerer, lately?
    Spend ultimate to summon Lightning Atronach.
    Can it be killed /can you heal/buff it? Yes.
    Barswap away. Does it vanish? No.
    Does it expire based on time? Yes, but only because it's programmed to do so.
    Bears won't be.

Edited by Erasure on February 3, 2017 6:35PM
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erasure wrote: »
    Right, but what does that really mean?

Have you played Sorcerer, lately?
    Spend ultimate to summon Lightning Atronach.
    Can it be killed /can you heal/buff it? Yes.
    Barswap away. Does it vanish? No.
    Does it expire based on time? Yes, but only because it's programmed to do so.
    Bears won't be.
    Yes. That's what I HOPE.