The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A ship as a house

Beruge
Beruge
✭✭✭
Hope that when houses comes out you could later on make some ships buyable for players in different zones.
Not for traveling around but just for the housing part.
My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep that would be cool
  • Cody_svk
    Cody_svk
    ✭✭
    whoa, what an idea...it would be really cool...
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up for that one.

Though I would hope that the deck is instanced, so we can put stuff on it.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be pretty awesome actually, would be nice to have for pirate based players.

Maybe something they can look into for a future update. A dock area with a ship as well as some ground area to build on for warehousing etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have my pirate costume pack, and I am totally on board for this idea!

I would like to see the access point include a dock as well.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A yacht. LOL. B)

I love this idea. You can have boats in a couple of different sizes, from a big pirate ship to a smaller boat. There can be a plank going from a dock to the boat, with an invisible wall that separates the instanced part (the entire boat) from the rest of the mainland. This way the upper deck will be instanced as well as below deck.

We also need a treehouse approximately the size of Captain Margaux's Place. (One of the smallest of the "small" homes.) Just sayin'. o:)
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe that dock just across the river from Windhelm would be a good place. < 1st place I thought of B)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tweeted the same idea last week. 100% absolutely for it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely they will at some point. One instanced "houseboat" that can be reached from a rowboat in every major harbour sounds pretty nifty as home, I would say...
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on board with that idea ;)
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am all over this and had been hoping for it since housing was announced.

But I have also thought it would be interesting, seeing as a few of the houses have water access, and some of the ships in game are more or less "structures" as in they have no interior or exterior load, they could be placed like huge furnishings
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beruge wrote: »
    Hope that when houses comes out you could later on make some ships buyable for players in different zones.

why would i buy a ship (daggerfall reminisque) and not be able to travel on it?
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Lunarhound
    Lunarhound
    ✭✭✭
    If they did this, I'd love to be able to have it not be "docked" while we're in it. Give it the illusion of sailing on the ocean.
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    Beruge wrote: »

why would i buy a ship (daggerfall reminisque) and not be able to travel on it?

Well i guess it would be so much work that the price for it would exceed what players would be able to pay. It would be nice if it could. But i rather have a ship as a house than no ship at all.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most ports have three sizes of ships which can be houses.
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    Yes if pre-requisite - Master Angler

You gotta give us some exclusivity :wink:
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Just so you can feel special? Some people might not want to do that insanely long grind to become a master angler. That's not fun for a lot of people.

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see where Master Angler can unlock a specific ship but not all.
    Maybe it would unlock a themed fishing vessel with nets, cages etc on it's decks.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not a boat =)
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol very good idea op, would go good with all the pirate themed costumes they have too
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have been suggesting this since Housing first mentioned. Would love a ship as home - especially one of the huge Khajiit (? I think) ones in Hew's Bane.

But smaller one would do.
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the support!
    Edited by Beruge on February 7, 2017 1:18PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a huge pirate ship please!!!
    Edited by altemriel on February 7, 2017 1:27PM
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Have been suggesting this since Housing first mentioned. Would love a ship as home - especially one of the huge Khajiit (? I think) ones in Hew's Bane.

But smaller one would do.

It's not the size of the boat.,..it's the ability of the pilot to stay in port long enough for all passengers to...arrive ;)
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or a lighthouse
  • Draeconix
    Draeconix
    ✭✭
    Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall had horses, carts and ships (maybe housing but I cannot remember). I do remember the ships though. They allowed you to travel from port to port for free. I really hope they would bring them back for TESO although, I am not sure what they would really improve, besides being a housing addition, since we have the Wayshrine network and other ship captains at our disposal. Still, owning a ship is pretty cool.
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Why? Just so you can feel special? Some people might not want to do that insanely long grind to become a master angler. That's not fun for a lot of people.

Chill fella - You didn't see the winky smilie?

But if you wanna take it serious: No Master Angler = no House boat. Different people grind for different things. TBH I am sick & tired of lazy bell-ends who think they are entitled to everything without putting any concerted effort into it.
    Edited by Slammer99uk on February 8, 2017 10:35AM
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Or a lighthouse

Yes! Yes! Yes!

"Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP nice to see you agree with many of us who have been wanting this for a while :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd easily pay $50 REAL CASH for a boat docked just outside of Vulkhel Guard, just outside the city. It could even be half the size of our free house in the city. All I need is a bed, end table, and some wall decorations and I'd be set.

The broom closet we got isn't bad. I'm just not a fan of the stone wall look. Not sure how long it'll take me to decorate it up to the point I don't notice it, but I'm hoping it's not "years".
    Edited by Violynne on February 24, 2017 2:33PM