The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are we going to get shops that can repair for housing in the future?

glitchmaster999
glitchmaster999
✭✭✭✭
I know personally I plan on making my house the go to place between dungeon runs. This is kind of hard when you can't repair items or sell (without merchant). Would it be possible to either make placed merchants/bankers/launderers not have the same restrictions when placed in a house as when they are out in the wilderness?
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish they would do this. Currently having to place a banker/merchant/fence npc and not being able to summon it anywhere on the house grounds is actually reduced functionality...when they should instead be adding increased functionality.
    • Bankers should give access to guild banks and guild shops.
    • Merchants should repair our gear and sell some basic items.
    • Fences should be able to launder our stolen goods and also have the 35% tax removed.

Edited by Betheny on February 2, 2017 1:33AM
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    I wish they would do this. Currently having to place a banker/merchant/fence npc and not being able to summon it anywhere on the house grounds is actually reduced functionality...when they should instead be adding increased functionality.
    • Bankers should give access to guild banks and guild shops.
    • Merchants should repair our gear and sell some basic items.
    • Fences should be able to launder our stolen goods and also have the 35% tax removed.

That was kind of my thinking, I understand that having repair in a dungeon would be over the top but in a house it is a completely separate issue. There is no advantage for someone going to their house to repair over someone going to rawl'kha. The biggest difference for me is it would actually make me invest in my house.

I feel like you should be able to add things to your home for convenience not just for cosmetic function. Someone on the forums a while ago suggested being able to purchase and place mundus stones for people that change builds alot. Or even the respec shrines. Things that provide no advantage but allow convenience.
  • IronMercer
    IronMercer
    ✭✭✭
    All of what was said here...plus a mini-wayshrine so you can leave your house without having to ride out the front gate every time for the nearest one. Maybe even tie it to a world explorerer achievement (have to find all non-Cyrodiil wayshrines first).
    IRON MERCER
    >:) DESPERTA FERRO!! >:)

www.checksixgaming.com