The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS loads regular game instead

Pepsolman
Pepsolman
Soul Shriven
At login, PTS server is selected and verified. Loads regular game instead of PTS. How do I fix it?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd, are you sure you aren't just looking at the NA server copy and thinking it is the regular game? Did you enter the game and check (open the crown store, everything is 1 crown on the PTS?
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think you're looking at your copied characters ;) PTS is alive and well, just has all your characters from main copied over.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS just copied characters so they are real close to what you have in Live. Its kind of easy to double check in two ways, do y have a Template you can choose in character creation screen? Or load into the game, the population should seem low. Finally, open up the Crown Store and see if you can buy a house, you can only do that on the PTS right now.

How I differentiate PTS and Live is I have disabled the intro splash screens on the Live game, but have them enabled on the PTS. So, that way I know exactly which one I am launching.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    When I logged in on PTS today my two PTS chars were gone and I went directly into char creation (my decorated houses were gone, too). Can someone tell me if it's supposed to be like that (I've never played on PTS before Homestead).
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sengra ; As NA was copied with the patch on Monday all the data currently on the PTS was wiped. Every time they copy a server, everything gets wiped.

I am guessing you play EU as you didn't say it went direct to Char creation.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on EU, and yes, it went directly to char creation (because the other characters were wiped).
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Pepsolman
    Pepsolman
    Soul Shriven
    I uninstalled and deleted ESO. I reinstalled the PTS only and signed in. It loaded all of my regular character on the NA server and not the PTS server even though PTS server is shown on the main menu and says "char do not copy over between servers."

So after deletion and clean reinstall, PTS will not load. It loads NA server every time.
  • Pepsolman
    Pepsolman
    Soul Shriven
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try creating a new character and see if you can make a template character. You can't do that on live.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pepsolman wrote: »
    I uninstalled and deleted ESO. I reinstalled the PTS only and signed in. It loaded all of my regular character on the NA server and not the PTS server even though PTS server is shown on the main menu and says "char do not copy over between servers."

So after deletion and clean reinstall, PTS will not load. It loads NA server every time.

Yes, it does load the NA characters, since they were just copied on Monday. That is perfectly normal. You should be on PTS. Just login with one of your characters or create a new one. You will notice the difference to the live server ingame.
  • Pepsolman
    Pepsolman
    Soul Shriven
    I was unaware that old live characters were transferred to the PTS. Problem solved. Thanks