The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I Can't Be The Only One Who Wants This

Liftedgamer
Do us PVE players a favor and ADD A CLASS CHANGING TOKEN TO CROWN STORE PLEASE! I don't want to start my journal all over, I'm an achievement chaser!
Edited by Liftedgamer on January 31, 2017 7:53PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make me sick to have to restart my character all over again.

But I really want to play a druid ... errr, I mean warden.

If I have to make an entirely new character to play this class, I won't do it. At least not for a year or two until I finally get tired of the character I have now. I'd love it if there was a token that let you change your class and respec your skills at the same time.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's for this very reason I don't like it when new classes are added. That said, there are at least some things we must hold sacred, and the permanence of class selection should be one of them, in a game like this.

This token should never come, as far as I'm concerned. Myself, I'm going to suck it up, try the warden, and hope to god that it's not my new favorite class lol.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once per year/expansion, we should be allowed to clone and recreate a character that we already have. The system would allow us to try out new things, the possibility for people to abuse the feature would be minuscule, and everything unlocked/completed would be exactly as it was before - no more and no less.

I also want to create new characters and try new things, but it kills my spirit to see that all my progress has been reset. I don't even have many particularly rare achievements, but can you imagine redoing something like the trophies tab?
    Edited by Hanokihs on February 1, 2017 6:53AM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally I am opposed to class change options.

But then, I am also opposed to added classes, -exactly- because of the vexation this can cause.

Sadly... the powers that be seem to think differently when it comes to adding a new class after two years of gametime.

And so... at this point, I would think a class change token to be less troubling then all the annoyance of making characters thirteen and fourteen, or finding some newly released class fits a character idea so much better then what we have had at launch...
    I would not mind some severe limitations either...

But we shall see how things go. If it never comes (as ZOS has stated in the past) I will just have to work around it, recreate those two characters of mine as wardens (and thank the divines at least it does not affect my main characters) and at some point redo their old incarnations into some different character idea through race and namechange...
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think this needs to be implemented if they're going to add new classes, but with limits.

1 class change per year, per character. This prevents abuse and keeps them relatively rare, but still allows for people to hold on to their hard-earned achievements and avoid having to re-do the more tedious aspects they've already suffered through. If you want your favorite character to suddenly become a Warden, you'd better be sure, because they're going to be stuck as one for a full year.

It can't be that difficult to code in a hard check to see how many days it's been since a class change token has been used. The game already counts down to see if you can pay the horse trainer.

I would expect to have to level any new skill line that wasn't present before the change. That's only fair. And if your race doesn't fit, you'll have to suck it up and buy a race change token to go with it, same with name, same with appearance.
  • DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more hoping for an alliance change token :D
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would personally be in favor of a single, one time class change to Warden only.

However, I can't imagine it actually happening.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 3, 2017 11:12PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Skilledzerob14_ESO
    I don't understand why this issue is so common place. I blame other games for their willingness to get players in the end game action right away with their buddies in the new expansion etc and just skip all of the other content they took so long to create.

They did come up with a system so that the fresh wardens for all purposes join with their buddies and level along side of them as far as I'm aware with not too much difficulty. Not to mention a good power creep of gear being tossed their way.