Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spriggan Crown Crates Replacing Atronach - Which Items Will Be Made Unavailable?

Vudokan
Vudokan
✭✭✭
Could we please get a definitive list from ZOS, of which items, if any, will no longer be available in the Crown Crates or Crown Gem section of the store when the housing update drops? I assume that the Atronach mounts will no longer be available, but will any of the other items also be removed? In particular I am wondering if the Wrestler's Buzz Cut will still be available in Crown Crates and in the Crown Gem trading area of the store after Feb 6th, but I'm sure there are other items players would like to know about as well. A list would be most appreciated, or an answer on whether there will be any items at all leaving. Thanks.
Edited by Vudokan on January 30, 2017 11:55PM
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bro, forget about Crown Crates. Don't support their gambling system.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly - I think crown crates are a waste of money. However, I have wanted the Wrestler's Buzz Cut for more than half a year now, as it was on the PTS for that long or longer. I can't help it that they put it in a crown crate. I'm at least glad it's only 16 crown crate gems to buy. Still, it will require the purchase of some crates in order to get it.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vudokan

Maybe do some research instead of multiple posts demanding an answer that they have already responded too .....

Maybe you think they are sitting back and doing nothing but waiting to respond to your questions because you are too lazy to research ......

Here is another dev quote stating they will be seasonal ...............
    Any Crown Gems you earn can then be used to purchase the collectible items of your choosing from the current Crown Crate season.

So it this is another post, is it enough to convince you? If not, keep posting and wait for your response that will probably not come. It is clear from the crown crate announcement and the post by Gina the items are seasonal and will not be available in the next crown crate season .....
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vudokan wrote: »
    I have wanted the Wrestler's Buzz Cut for more than half a year now, as it was on the PTS for that long or longer.
    I wish I could gift you mine. I hate the thing. Even if I played a male character, I'd still never use it. It's now stuck in my character's collections files and I can't gift it, and I can't get gems for it. Grrrrr.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    Any Crown Gems you earn can then be used to purchase the collectible items of your choosing from the current Crown Crate season.

Gina doesn't say that all items in the store are seasonal and will never be seen again. Gina says that the offerings are seasonal, i.e. they're not cycled in and out unpredictably like the crown store. The offerings remain the same for a decent amount of time. A season.

For example, we would reasoably expect every single reward in the Fine and Common categories to not be seasonal. Same for the grand crown crate experience scroll in the Legendary category.

I suspect everything else will go but that isn't actually stated in the quote you provide.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how often they will repeat the seasons or if we'll be waiting two or three years to see these again.

They still haven't really rerun older limited items or removed items yet.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they confirm that the spriggan crates are coming with Homestead?
    *Special Snowflake*

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they confirm that the spriggan crates are coming with Homestead?

@MarkusLiberty They confirmed it was coming March, so after Homestead.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    @Vudokan

Maybe do some research instead of multiple posts demanding an answer that they have already responded too .....

Maybe you think they are sitting back and doing nothing but waiting to respond to your questions because you are too lazy to research ......

So it this is another post, is it enough to convince you? If not, keep posting and wait for your response that will probably not come. It is clear from the crown crate announcement and the post by Gina the items are seasonal and will not be available in the next crown crate season .....

Maybe back the hell off instead of being a deliberate jerk. They have not confirmed ANYWHERE which items will be changing over, or that all items will be changing over. As has been implied by more sensible people here, a statement that crown crates will be seasonal could mean any number of things. It is not a definitive statement of how seasonal changes will be implemented. They could be changing over all items, some, just the mounts, and anything in between. I think it's reasonable to assume that at least some items - for example, experience scrolls and potions - will be consistently offered from season to season.

Until I hear a confirmation from someone who is in a position to say so, I will rightfully continue to consider the question unanswered. You and other self-proclaimed experts can keep your mouths shut.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I have wanted the Wrestler's Buzz Cut for more than half a year now, as it was on the PTS for that long or longer.
    I wish I could gift you mine. I hate the thing. Even if I played a male character, I'd still never use it. It's now stuck in my character's collections files and I can't gift it, and I can't get gems for it. Grrrrr.

Yeah, it's a shame they can't be gifted. I have a red pit wolf pup I will likely almost never use, and I know some people really wanted that one.
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭

I'm 90% probably reading this too literally, but does that mean any gems I've got left get wiped when the season changes? Or does it mean any current Crown Crate season and that gems carry over? Does anyone know? Or maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno could clarify anyway.

I've got a significant amount of gems left. Like $100 worth probably. I got what I wanted from my last bundle so they're just sitting there. Before anyone has a go at me for being a whale or something.

Edited by MarbleQuiche on February 1, 2017 3:19PM
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    The gems carry over.
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »
    The gems carry over.

So that'd be the current current Crown Crate Season :grin:

I feel it's an important distinction to make given the current hoopla around DLC vs Expansion
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    What it all boils down to is, they really need to give a response to this post and clarify a few things for us. Because Crown Crates are new and this is the first time they'll be 'switching seasons', there are a lot of questions players will have about how that switch-over will be implemented. And because how they will be switching over will impact decisions players make about what they will want to do before they switch over, it's not just a matter of 'wait and see.' If we wait we may well find we are disappointed, with no recourse because the change has already happened.
  • Vulture051
    Vulture051
    ✭✭✭
    3 new classes. 3 new spellcasters. Zenimax has forgotten how to make melee classes.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Vulture051 wrote: »

That is just a data mine of all upcoming items. I've seen that list before. It shows everything, including some items that are known to be part of the upcoming jester festival. It doesn't give a clear sense of which items are coming from the crates, and - more importantly - which items will be retired when Spriggan crates launch.
  • Vulture051
    Vulture051
    ✭✭✭

That is just a data mine of all upcoming items. I've seen that list before. It shows everything, including some items that are known to be part of the upcoming jester festival. It doesn't give a clear sense of which items are coming from the crates, and - more importantly - which items will be retired when Spriggan crates launch.

What goes where looks mostly clear. Almost all the non-pet items on that particular page are either Jester related or Spriggan/forest related.
    Edited by Vulture051 on February 7, 2017 3:14PM
    3 new classes. 3 new spellcasters. Zenimax has forgotten how to make melee classes.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After yesterday's update my collections tab shows one of my crown store mounts and a couple of my crown store pets as coming from the Wild Hunt crates. I most certainly didn't get these items from any crown crate, let alone one that doesn't exist yet.

Interpret that as you please, but I think it means they are going to also change out the non-themed items for the new season.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    After yesterday's update my collections tab shows one of my crown store mounts and a couple of my crown store pets as coming from the Wild Hunt crates. I most certainly didn't get these items from any crown crate, let alone one that doesn't exist yet.

Interpret that as you please, but I think it means they are going to also change out the non-themed items for the new season.

Of course they will.

Wanna bet at least one of the sabercat mounts and pets is going to be locked in a clown crate? The motifs will be buyable outright, but even though the sabercats & cubs and the white cats aren't "Spriggan", I bet they will not be for sale.

I would love to be wrong, however, because I would love to get those. Apparently senches and felines are my pokemon......:sigh:

• Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    What goes where looks mostly clear. Almost all the non-pet items on that particular page are either Jester related or Spriggan/forest related.

Perhaps, but what IS unclear, is whether my Wrestler's Buzz Cut will be removed or replaced, and whether other items will be removed. They should just make this kind of thing clear by doing as they have always done in the past with crown store items - provide us a simple list of all items retiring from crown crates in the next month - or 'season' if that's the term they want to use.
    Edited by Vudokan on February 8, 2017 9:39PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea of the crown crate gamble,but I might just have to participate in the spriggan crates solely for my future warden
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essentially, this affects all items except consumables such as potions, repair kits, riding lessons, experience scrolls, etc.

That's from Gina's post.

I fully expect every item EXCEPT consumables to be changed out.

Leaving some in would make it too easy for people to gather up a bunch of gems quickly.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vudokan

They finally posted your OFFICIAL answer you have been requesting. No they did not answer in this thread as expected. It was as most stated and expected, the items from Storm Atronach WILL BE REMOVED .....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/320383/storm-atronach-crown-crates-retiring-soon
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Essentially, this affects all items except consumables such as potions, repair kits, riding lessons, experience scrolls, etc.

Leaving some in would make it too easy for people to gather up a bunch of gems quickly.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that angle. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to try to get my haircut before the Spriggan crates are dropped.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of the crown crate gamble,but I might just have to participate in the spriggan crates solely for my future warden

Wow, come to think of it, they must have been planning the Warden for a while (referring to after it was removed). The wild hunt mounts were datamined long ago, and why else make a nature themed mount line than to have it accompany a nature themed class?
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner