Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bad textures in Auridon

LiQuid!
LiQuid!
Soul Shriven
For the last week or so I've been having some bad texture issues, specifically in Auridon, while doing the Dolmen rotation. This started happening around the time I updated my AMD Radeon drivers to the latest version of ReLive (currently running driver version 16.50.2011 on a Radeon R9 290)

Here are some screen shots:
http://imgur.com/a/7FP68

A few things to note:
When I first load in the game, even if it's just from logging out to the character select, the game looks fine.
It's only after I've done the Dolmen rotation 2 or 3 times that it starts happening.
It ONLY happens at the southern-most dolmen in Auridon and in Vulkhel Guard. No matter how long I stay in the zone it never starts happening at the middle or northern most dolmen.
Warping to a different zone and then back seems to clear it up at least temporarily the same way logging out to character select does.

The fact that it's happening only in very specific parts of the zone is the most peculiar thing to me. If it were an issue with my video card or drivers, wouldn't the issue be more widespread and not happening in a specific location in a specific zone?

I've done complete, clean driver installs about 5 times in the last week and it's still happening. I've been considering rolling back to old drivers to check and see if it fixes the issue but I haven't been able to figure out how quite yet. If someone's confident it's a possible driver issue I'll prioritize that.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a known, long term issue. The TL;DR is that the game is loading the long distance terrain up close. This is the kind of terrain you'd see off in the distance where the camera starts to blur it out, but it's loading directly at your feet. So you've got both the high detail and low detail ground mesh laying over top one another.

This has been a problem going on for 2+ years.
  • LiQuid!
    LiQuid!
    Soul Shriven
    Ah ok, thanks for the confirmation! I don't know how it took me so long to discover it, but I suppose I have never done the rote dolmen farm rotation in Auridon until recently. I'm quite relieved it's not going to turn into a long troubleshooting session at least.