The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How good will stamplar be?

Yubarius
Yubarius
✭✭✭✭
I just made a stamplar and have began levelling him, how good will stamplars be next patch? Will the finally be worth a damn, or will they still be a bottom tier class?
  • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
  • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
  • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
  • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
  • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
  • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
  • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
  • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

Best Answer

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At what?

I play stamplar and like it. In PvE it is supposed to not be in a good spot as with most stamina classes. In PvP I do know I prefer the faster playstyle than its magicka counterpart but I might be able to do everything better as any of the other 3 classes in stamina.

All I can tell you is the one thing Stamplar has over the other classes. A cheap purge and healing boost. Beyond that; the other classes have better CC, better sustain, better damage, better escapes (outside of DK who is about the same). That purge though. It is a big deal IMO.
    Edited by technohic on January 30, 2017 1:11AM
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    At what?

I play stamplar and like it. In PvE it is supposed to not be in a good spot as with most stamina classes. In PvP I do know I prefer the faster playstyle than its magicka counterpart but I might be able to do everything better as any of the other 3 classes in stamina.

All I can tell you is the one thing Stamplar has over the other classes. A cheap purge and healing boost. Beyond that; the other classes have better CC, better sustain, better damage, better escapes (outside of DK who is about the same). That purge though. It is a big deal IMO.

Dk actually has better heals over stamplar as well.

They do have purge + rune focus though, the 8% dmg reduction on rune focus = 5120 armor basically but it can't be penetrated.

Jabs is nice if you build for it and the cost reduction will come in handy.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...