The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Please make master writ vouchers storable in bank (like Tel Vars)

Reco
Reco
✭✭✭
Thanks!
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    The reason is simple: I have a master alchemy + provi char, and another char who is master in blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing. Both earn vouchers, but I can't add them to buy better stuff sooner (so I am disadvantaged compared to people who have one char who does all crafts).
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I cannot see any reason that a Master Writ should not be stored in the bank by a PC so that it can be withdrawn by a different PC (for the same player, of course). On its face, the restriction is just another measure that reduces competition between players selling crafted furnishings for Gold Pieces, and the Crown store selling the same furnishings for Crowns bought from ZOS with Dollars.

We can already bank Crafting Material Surveys, which are sometimes part of the payoff for completing a Crafting Writ. Banking a Survey works well while a player levels an "alternate" PC. The lower-level character can use a Survey acquired by a higher-level crafting PC to obtain crafting materials appropriate for their own current Character Level or their own current rank in Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking, or Enchanting.

For what it is worth, I have two Level 50 CP 585+ characters, and each one has Level 50 skill in each of the six crafts. After ZOS revised the "Nirnhoned" trait to make it only slightly less worthless than "Prosperous", I decided that it wasn't worth the time and expense to learn the Nirnhoned trait for every weapon and every piece of armor.

For Blacksmithing: except Nirnhoned, both PCs learned the other eight traits for each Heavy Weapons piece and for each Heavy Armor piece, respectively. But one learned the Nirnhoned trait only for each of the Heavy Weapons pieces, and the other PC learned the Nirnhoned trait only for each of the Heavy Armor pieces.

For Clothing: except Nirnhoned, both PCs learned the other eight traits for each Light Armor piece and for each Medium Armor piece, respectively. But one of the two PCs learned the Nirnhoned trait only for each of the Light Armor pieces, and the other PC learned the Nirnhoned trait only for each of the Medium Armor pieces.

As I write, it will be about six weeks before both characters will have learned all nine traits for all six crafts. In the meantime, I suppose that they will be using only Woodworking -- if they do any furniture crafting at all -- since both have learned all nine traits for all the pieces in that craft already.

Be that as it will, I'm not planning to spend Crowns to buy any furnished Homestead. The announced prices are simply too high to be affordable. Then one has to ask whether many of the respective Homesteads would actually be worth buying at even a lower price. Dunno whether I will spend Crowns to buy any furnishings, either. There are probably many furnishings that no PC can craft, whether those are essential.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 30, 2017 4:33AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I cannot see any reason that a Master Writ should not be stored in the bank by a PC so that it can be withdrawn by a different PC (for the same player, of course). On its face, the restriction is just another measure that reduces competition between players selling crafted furnishings for Gold Pieces, and the Crown store selling the same furnishings for Crowns bought from ZOS with Dollars.

On the current version of PTS it is possible to bank the Master Writs, what @Reco was referring to is the currency you get from completing the Master Writs which is currently bound to the character not the account, hopefully that will be sorted out with the patch later today
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should be just like gold, telvar stones etc.
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    On the current version of PTS it is possible to bank the Master Writs
    Oh ok thanks, didn't know about that. So before doing the master writ I will bank it.

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, they AREN'T bankable??
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When they added nirncrux, people that were maxed out master crafters were at a significant disadvantage to those that had researched nothing (5 hours v. 30 days). Selling nirn research gear was incredibly profitable for those who could do so within the first 30 days, and also what you needed to trade with others to complete the nirn research.

Is there a limitation to prevent people from just researching a particular trait and buying a particular motif?

I learned my lesson from ZoS the first time around and have 4-5 master crafters with no research done. Just in case...
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they added nirncrux, people that were maxed out master crafters were at a significant disadvantage to those that had researched nothing (5 hours v. 30 days). Selling nirn research gear was incredibly profitable for those who could do so within the first 30 days, and also what you needed to trade with others to complete the nirn research.

Is there a limitation to prevent people from just researching a particular trait and buying a particular motif?

I learned my lesson from ZoS the first time around and have 4-5 master crafters with no research done. Just in case...

I have the same thing for this very reason also.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

On the current version of PTS it is possible to bank the Master Writs, what @Reco was referring to is the currency you get from completing the Master Writs which is currently bound to the character not the account, hopefully that will be sorted out with the patch later today.
    Thank you for the clarification. On Update 13 (Homesteads & Etc.) "live" I have been able to store Sealed Master Crafting Writs in the bank, but the Vouchers that a character obtains for fulfilling one cannot be banked. They are recorded for the character on the Inventory: Currency tab. I don't know whether ZOS will make them transferable to another PC via their common Bank account or otherwise.

Whenever a character fulfills a Crafting Writ, the payoff in Gold Pieces, crafting materials, a weapon or an armor piece, a recipe, etc. are bankable, and materials can be stored in the Crafting Bag if the player has an ESO Plus subscription.

The only payoff for a Master Crafting Writ is "Vouchers". From what I've seen so far, it takes too many vouchers to buy anything worth having, when you consider the actual Guild Store / Guild Trader value of the materials used to complete the Master Crafting Writs necessary to acquire the Vouchers. That cost could be worthwhile if the payoff also included furniture crafting materials and furnishing plans. The cost would also be reduced if it included the same sort of items which are in the payoff for a regular Crafting Writ.

But it is very unlikely that ZOS will ever adopt either measure for Master Crafting Writ payoffs. It is clear that they do not want furniture crafting to be competitive with the cost of buying furnishings for Crowns instead. It seems to me that ZOS thinks that just 1 Crown should be equivalent to about 1,000 Gold Pieces. So, if we pay 400 Crowns for some furnishing, then it should cost about 400,000 GP to complete enough Master Writs to pay for that furnishing with Vouchers.

And maybe we should be asking, how much is our time worth?

Edited by Shadowshire on February 12, 2017 5:06AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi