The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is there a new cheat to show direction of stealthed players?

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I ask, because I have a video of some straight up questionable *** by 3 AD players from Haderus

Talking straight up following the direction i'm moving while sneaking throwing AOE and looking for me....and i'm not revealed.

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on January 29, 2017 3:27AM
    PC | EU
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not MIATS, that'll tell you if people are in the area..or if heavy attacks or stealth attacks are about to happen

I'm talking straight up following the Direction i'm going...and from watching the video i'm thinking its the DK that's leading them as he's doing some questionable *** (like he runs directly to where i'm stealthed at from a mile away while i'm not revealed)

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Its not MIATS, that'll tell you if people are in the area..or if heavy attacks or stealth attacks are about to happen

I'm talking straight up following the Direction i'm going...and from watching the video i'm thinking its the DK that's leading them as he's doing some questionable *** (like he runs directly to where i'm stealthed at from a mile away while i'm not revealed)

There are legit things that will reveal your position without you leaving stealth. Cloak has particle effects. Can you rule this out? I can find a NB if they refresh cloak while I'm looking their way.

Another in-game mechanic which I believe miats is built upon, is that if you're targeted from stealth it will play the combat drums for the targeted player. I can't confirm whether the projectile has to be on it's way to you or whether the stealthed player just needs to target you while charging an attack, but I have predicted ganks in the past by dismounting when I suddenly hear combat drums out in the wilderness. This is obviously no use if you're already in combat.

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on January 29, 2017 3:39AM
    PC | EU
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are legit things that will reveal your position without you leaving stealth. Cloak has particle effects. Can you rule this out? I can find a NB if they refresh cloak while I'm looking their way.

Another in-game mechanic which I believe miats is built upon, is that if you're targeted from stealth it will play the combat drums for the targeted player. I can't confirm whether the projectile has to be on it's way to you or whether the stealthed player just needs to target you while charging an attack, but I have predicted ganks in the past by dismounting when I suddenly hear combat drums out in the wilderness. This is obviously no use if you're already in combat.

I know there are legit things..but as someone who's played Sneaking toons most of this game..this was the first questionable *** i've seen.

and it wasn't cloak..i didn't use cloak once...It was straight up he ran over to where i was sneaking and proceeded to spam AOE's when he got there then started following in whatever direction i was moving with 2 of his friends throwing AOEs

Now he did open the eye a few times...but thats because he was basically moving directly at me the whole time.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure you were out of detect pot radius, taking the Sentry + Way of Air sets stacked, into account too?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure you were out of detect pot radius, taking the Sentry + Way of Air sets stacked, into account too?

That would cause my eye to reveal, and it was a Magicka DK so its doubtful on sentry/way

We're talking straight up from a mile away running right over to where i'm sneaking at and start spamming AOE

and mind you i'm in full medium and a Khajitt
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ask, because I have a video of some straight up questionable *** by 3 AD players from Haderus

Talking straight up following the direction i'm moving while sneaking throwing AOE and looking for me....and i'm not revealed.

that is exactly what is happen to me also.
    people in AD are seeing me where i am stealthed from very far away, they come running right towards me and start buffing and run right to me and hit me as if i was not stealthed

PC NA trueflame campaign
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we are in stealth and we are being detected from a very far range from people whom are on horseback and far away.

Edited by Gilvoth on January 29, 2017 6:18AM
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not going to list what forum, but I did some digging weeks ago to find out how deep the cheater's rabbit hole goes. There was a post make by someone who claimed to have made a radar hack for this game and was willing to help others to script their own. They claimed that it could find players in pvp zones when someone asked the question. From what I found there has being a good number of people scripting their own tools for this game since 2014 and there are some who openly offer to pay money to people who can script them personalized tools. It's a lot worse then some people can imagine.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would cause my eye to reveal, and it was a Magicka DK so its doubtful on sentry/way

We're talking straight up from a mile away running right over to where i'm sneaking at and start spamming AOE

and mind you i'm in full medium and a Khajitt

This straight up shows the need for updating the API, since we don't know what custom addon these chaps are using, it would be difficult to to know if this has been addressed with update 13. Better keep this thread up so that we can share our experience after the update lands on live.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »

I am not going to list what forum, but I did some digging weeks ago to find out how deep the cheater's rabbit hole goes. There was a post make by someone who claimed to have made a radar hack for this game and was willing to help others to script their own. They claimed that it could find players in pvp zones when someone asked the question. From what I found there has being a good number of people scripting their own tools for this game since 2014 and there are some who openly offer to pay money to people who can script them personalized tools. It's a lot worse then some people can imagine.

7e3.jpg
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat's add-on was a private add-on until very recently. This add-on exposed a weak programming code on the servers side, who knows what other private add-on can detect.

Press a key to use cloak, press a key to stealth, press a key to channel an attack, press a key to move in a direction. It's all just 1's and 0's to the server code. If an add-on can tell if someone presses a key to use stealth, why not a direction.

Edited by Ackwalan on January 29, 2017 5:58AM
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭

7e3.jpg

Aelif?
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7e3.jpg

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eso+radar+hack
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7e3.jpg

Wow .
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7e3.jpg

The sad thing is, your post will get deleted and you'll get a warning for showing the obvious.

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7e3.jpg

Why can't people just play fair in this game and why is it so hard to get ZOS to ban the people that violate the TOS?! Thank you for sharing that info just sad people want to use it.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar/

Have a look at this too. It does not have to be addon everytime, did some digging and found this, I know that I can hear but not see an opponent in stealth, does this qualify?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar/

Have a look at this too. It does not have to be addon everytime, did some digging and found this, I know that I can hear but not see an opponent in stealth, does this qualify?

Ya that's on the new Rogs and or detects sound but does not discriminate between friendly and enemy sound . It only works well with ambient turned way up .
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a video of the players. I won't post it unless I come across them again and notice a similar pattern.
    But it's first time I've ever been like wtf besides well blinxy lol
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a video of the players. I won't post it unless I come across them again and notice a similar pattern.

Could you message a link so I could see what you're talking about ?
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could you message a link so I could see what you're talking about ?

I'd like to see this aswell. PM if you feel like it.
    EU | PC
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there another player from your alliance around? Cheaters who calls themselves a "spies" are common thing in PvP!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sound is a clue, I always play with sound. I have caught people in stealth before because I heard them pop magelight. Another issue could be that you are going in a predictable direction. People usually try to hide in predictable ways. There was, once upon a time, a radar hack, but as far as I know that memory editing stuff was discontinued years ago. The reverse engineers either aren't tampering with ESO or they're doing it privately. I have been accused of using some kind of hack to find hidden players, but that was back when magelight was a toggle. Rooting out nightblades was a favorite pastime of mine.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've all experienced some weird *** when our eyes don't open when we are in stealth and we see people running at us or following us or while we are in stealth and all of a sudden we are dead are we are dead but our eye never opened. I can name a few AD and DC players I've managed to catch on video using something and it's before miats got introduced to the public. Detect pots/ mage light and so forth pop your eye open, but when you're sitting on a rock just watching the battle minding your own business while in stealth [eye closed] poof your dead and you 2 stam nb's DC running away.

So yes I do believe there is something out there
  • Djdrago
    Djdrago
    ✭✭
    Is funny when you know they are using the addon and Troll them!

This is a video from yesterday...

Lotionitas EXPOSED (Miat's Addon)
    Sir Terric - DC Stam NB
    Djdrago - DC Stam DK
    The Orphan Maker - DC Stam Sorc
    Wrecker - DC Stam Templar
    King Terric - DC Mag Templar
    Miss Terric - DC Mag Sorcer
    Lady Terric - DC Mag DK
    Sïr Tërric - DC Mag NB

Youtube
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not saying the game isn't full of cheats...

But... have you ever used the Conspicuous poison?

Sure, if there was no one in the vicinity (including wolves or critters) for them to attack it's a non issue... But, if there was... it can easily be an explanation.

(I hate even opening this can of worms regarding how that poison functions)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not saying the game isn't full of cheats...

But... have you ever used the Conspicuous poison?

Sure, if there was no one in the vicinity (including wolves or critters) for them to attack it's a non issue... But, if there was... it can easily be an explanation.

(I hate even opening this can of worms regarding how that poison functions)

Never used that poison, but there were no critters or wolves in the area.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we know that one of Miats add-on abilities is to detect when players are in the area. Thus we know the client is already trusted with this information. Making a map radar hack add-on that can also reveal those detected players is certainly feasible.

Trusting the client with this kind of information is not good for business.
    Edited by Sureshawt on January 30, 2017 10:58PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7e3.jpg

Why can't people just play fair in this game and why is it so hard to get ZOS to ban the people that violate the TOS?! Thank you for sharing that info just sad people want to use it.

ZOS would rather ban and censor people from letting others know that there are SO MANY hacks and cheats for this game.

Their approach to cheating seems to be a don't ask don't tell policy.

Even if you exclude external programs, there are sets that be bugged out to give you set bonus when you are not wearing them. No, not in "rare circumstances," every time reliably and its not just the one.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 31, 2017 3:42AM