The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Pirate Skeleton needs to be fixed....

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Following are the issues :
1) When triggered, block drops for split second.
2) When triggered, skills lock up for a second or two. Sometimes bugs and all skills gets locked up completely.
3) While in effect, weapon floating near feet.

The entire cause of these issues is the transformation itself. What if you remove the transformation and add a different magic effect instead?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, I had to start wearing the skellie polymorph when using this set. It's incredibly frustrating to die because of a lock up from a stupid transformation that doesn't even need to be there in the first place, regardless of what happens on that boss fight.

rip decibel
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And this issue isn't just on PTS, it's happened since the set was implemented.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

rip decibel
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS please make a game that works.

Don't know why this is always such a big ask.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pirate Sekelton also needs a nerf. Especially on shield builds it's pathetic ^^
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the reason i wear Slimecrawl over that, even if there wasnt brief skill lockout while transforming still wouldnt wear it because i cant stand that skeleton look.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS please make a game that works.

Don't know why this is always such a big ask.

much rage, you are losing your swag mate.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it shouldnt apply to shields, period.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this set is all about looks > functionality :wink:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Would require a complete rework of the mechanic.

That would mean NBs minor protection should also not work on magicaNBs shields for example.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would say it's also too strong on non shield builds (same as Troll King and Malubeth) to be honest. I think everyone will run one of this 3 sets next update and I'm not looking forward to this.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn no comment from devs on these issues?
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Yep, I had to start wearing the skellie polymorph when using this set. It's incredibly frustrating to die because of a lock up from a stupid transformation that doesn't even need to be there in the first place, regardless of what happens on that boss fight.

Wearing the skeleton polymorph didn't fix the problem last I tested. it still was causing block to drop and a brief lockout of skills.

Like most bugs I've encountered, been reported for several months and absolutely no response from ZoS on the issue.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Come back on your sorc :pensive:
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that while wearing Pirate Skeleton, others can't see you.
    Screenshot_20170128_112810.png

Or rather, they see parts of you, which, while a visual bug and not impacting gameplay, is still annoying and immersion-breaking.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cry cry whine whine sniffle..... nerf this because I cannot wait for a few seconds for the cool down to kill that pesky player. Hhmmmm sounds about right.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Cry cry whine whine sniffle..... nerf this because I cannot wait for a few seconds for the cool down to kill that pesky player. Hhmmmm sounds about right.

Uhm did you even read ? The skills are locking up for the player using the set. This thread's about the set being bugged. Unless you meant the few mandatory and irrelevant "nerf" comments.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on January 28, 2017 3:42PM
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who cares about the transformation, the heal debuff can be purged off so its a free 30% dmg reduction... thats the real *** thing about this set...
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »

Wearing the skeleton polymorph didn't fix the problem last I tested. it still was causing block to drop and a brief lockout of skills.

Like most bugs I've encountered, been reported for several months and absolutely no response from ZoS on the issue.

It seems to have worked for both stalker and I. After I started using the skellie morph, I didn't notice any lockups when I heard the sound of the set activating.
    Edited by Draxys on January 28, 2017 4:31PM

rip decibel
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say it's also too strong on non shield builds (same as Troll King and Malubeth) to be honest. I think everyone will run one of this 3 sets next update and I'm not looking forward to this.

If nothing happens with monster sets in general, probably. Alternatives such as chudan/bloodspawn simply don't measure up. Chudan can be nice on a sorc with no boundless, bloodspawn not so much but alrightish on other classes, skeleton will take the lead there easily, at least for setups with damage shields. Doesn't help that it's bugged too...
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If nothing happens with monster sets in general, probably. Alternatives such as chudan/bloodspawn simply don't measure up. Chudan can be nice on a sorc with no boundless, bloodspawn not so much but alrightish on other classes, skeleton will take the lead there easily, at least for setups with damage shields. Doesn't help that it's bugged too...

Bloodspawn is great when used in duo or trio and lights champion as the ultimate of choice for the sorc.
    <Noricum>

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    who cares about the transformation, the heal debuff can be purged off so its a free 30% dmg reduction... thats the real *** thing about this set...

How did you manage to purge the effect?

I have not been able to replicated that behavior with efficient purge nor cleanse.
    <Noricum>

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Bloodspawn is great when used in duo or trio and lights champion as the ultimate of choice for the sorc.

They're all good in the end, based on what you want to achieve, but pirate outshines them all by far, especially for 1vX.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're all good in the end, based on what you want to achieve, but pirate outshines them all by far, especially for 1vX.

Pirate Skeleton is too strong with shields. Would rather see a nerf to PS than another one to sorcs.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems to have worked for both stalker and I. After I started using the skellie morph, I didn't notice any lockups when I heard the sound of the set activating.

Just tested it a minute ago and still broken. An easy way to test is transform, then hold block and wait for the skeleton buff to end. When it does, your block drops. This is with wearing a skeleton polymorph.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just tested it a minute ago and still broken. An easy way to test is transform, then hold block and wait for the skeleton buff to end. When it does, your block drops. This is with wearing a skeleton polymorph.

Yeah, we don't use block much on the build Drax is talking about. Only time it impacts us is when a meteor hits as it transforms and can't block the meteor. Needs to be fixed.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on January 30, 2017 4:48AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Disguises

Use any of these and you won't turn into a skeleton, but do gain the buff.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would mean NBs minor protection should also not work on magicaNBs shields for example.

Exactly, no % reduction should work on shield period.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

So no CP aswell? :joy:
    <Noricum>

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

Only resistances dont affect shields , everything else does , and if zos try to change that , they will probably broken smting rly hard xD.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah got killed a few times tonight because of this thinking I'm using one ability but actually still stuck in previous bar. Sad considering how fast paced you need to be when getting zerged :/