The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Made a whole house out of decoration items! * Updated with Jumping Puzzle House *

Shimmer
Shimmer
✭✭✭✭✭
Enjoy! pics here
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/IRmg3

Video on how I made it (sped up)
https://youtu.be/Jf6VCKzmRHc

My NEW one. This one was built in the air and takes a short jumping puzzle to get to. This one was built with things you can get IN GAME for GOLD. Save the chairs and tables because I was lazy and didnt want to craft :) And the pillars and sconces. the base house loft etc was all built with in game items.

ImhSPHF.png
pShmioJ.png
HlfyyCh.png

Tour of it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPT7OcuBbow
Edited by Shimmer on January 27, 2017 9:53PM
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome!

I really wish we could just buy empty plots of land now xD
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we need higher item caps. This would take all of your slots on a medium or large house.

So you can either have something fun like this, or furnish your actual house. Not both. Why not both?
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we need higher item caps. This would take all of your slots on a medium or large house.

So you can either have something fun like this, or furnish your actual house. Not both. Why not both?

Becouse ZOS probably expected us to decorate our homes with decorative items. Not build them out of decorative items :tongue: This is pretty awesome.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How high are the caps for furnishing and decorations actually?
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool. Looking forward to trying it on console.

Friendly piece of advise: You should have edited the video. Could have been a lot shorter without some of the trial and error parts.
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, all I have to do is buy a mansion and then I get enough items to build a shack?
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea why I was half expecting to see a house made of sweetrolls... :D

Good work, looks awesome! :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome!

Damn this just makes me even more sad I won't reach the gold level for the Ebonheart Manor by launch date.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    Nice! It seems like having played a lot of Fallout 4 was good for something... ;)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really cool! I'm impressed you managed to make it look like an actual house.
    altemriel wrote: »

Free Inn Room: 15
    With ESO Plus: 30

Apartment: 50
    With ESO Plus: 100

Small House: 100
    With ESO Plus: 200

Medium House: 200
    With ESO Plus: 400

Large House: 300
    With ESO Plus: 600

Manor: 350
    With ESO Plus: 700

The only items which don't count towards that are pets & mounts (which have their own, very small, limit - I think it's 5 for a manor) and dungeon boss statues, I don't remember the limit for them.

It is really easy to use that up quickly. If you plan ahead you can make a house look quite full by using big items, like large patterned rugs to fill empty space. But if you want to get lots of detail like plates and bottles on shelves it will go quickly. Or if you want to add the mages guild books. There's something like 297 of them in total. (If you just want lots of books around you can buy objects which are stacks or rows of books, but then you can't read them.)

Building new structures will use up your limit very quickly. But as someone else said I don't think ZOS expected us to do that. There's very few items which can be used as building blocks and the ones that are there probably weren't intended for that purpose. For example the stone slabs which I use to make stairs are only seen in the pre-decorated houses as paving slabs in the ground.

Hopefully at some point in the future they'll give us an empty instance with a higher item limit so we can build our own houses.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now calculate the cost of your pre-fab house in terms of items :)
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good job! :smile:

Now I don't mind the lack of any stable in the Mathiisen Manor - I will build one by myself! :smiley:
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    That's really cool! I'm impressed you managed to make it look like an actual house.
    altemriel wrote: »

Free Inn Room: 15
    With ESO Plus: 30

Apartment: 50
    With ESO Plus: 100

Small House: 100
    With ESO Plus: 200

Medium House: 200
    With ESO Plus: 400

Large House: 300
    With ESO Plus: 600

Manor: 350
    With ESO Plus: 700

The only items which don't count towards that are pets & mounts (which have their own, very small, limit - I think it's 5 for a manor) and dungeon boss statues, I don't remember the limit for them.

It is really easy to use that up quickly. If you plan ahead you can make a house look quite full by using big items, like large patterned rugs to fill empty space. But if you want to get lots of detail like plates and bottles on shelves it will go quickly. Or if you want to add the mages guild books. There's something like 297 of them in total. (If you just want lots of books around you can buy objects which are stacks or rows of books, but then you can't read them.)

Building new structures will use up your limit very quickly. But as someone else said I don't think ZOS expected us to do that. There's very few items which can be used as building blocks and the ones that are there probably weren't intended for that purpose. For example the stone slabs which I use to make stairs are only seen in the pre-decorated houses as paving slabs in the ground.

Hopefully at some point in the future they'll give us an empty instance with a higher item limit so we can build our own houses.

OMG... I didn't realise than non subscribers only get half of the amount of items! I am a subscriber and always run out on the pts and have to make adjustments to fit everything in, and that is sometimes before I have even thought about gardens... What a way to make people subscribe! :lol:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 27, 2017 11:21AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Now I don't mind the lack of any stable in the Mathiisen Manor - I will build one by myself! :smiley:

I've found some of the tents work well as stables, and it means you're only using 1 item. I like using the orc shingled ones and putting them against a wall, but it depends on the house.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

I've found some of the tents work well as stables, and it means you're only using 1 item. I like using the orc shingled ones and putting them against a wall, but it depends on the house.

Good to know! Thank you for the idea. I will give it a try for sure :smile: There is a perfect place for such "homemade stable" on the right side of the Mathiisen Manor.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »
    No idea why I was half expecting to see a house made of sweetrolls... :D
    )

Someone make this happen! Ha ha
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »

What a way to make people subscribe! :lol:

Or what a way to screw over players who payed a full price but didn't subscribe for the game and was hyped for housing.
    Eso plus shoul be.. well, a plus, not a must. Everyone should have the item cap what subscribers have right now because let's say it, ZOS knows that it is the optimal limit for people who wants to enjoy housing. Then, Eso-plus members should get an even higher cap, so we can call it a plus, not a must.
    Edited by david19979 on January 27, 2017 1:43PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well it looks more like a barn, than a house

Edited by altemriel on January 27, 2017 1:18PM
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuntjako wrote: »
    Pretty cool. Looking forward to trying it on console.

Friendly piece of advise: You should have edited the video. Could have been a lot shorter without some of the trial and error parts.

It was part of a live stream which youtube saves. I wasnt recording at the same time and I wish I had. I would have edited those parts out but downloading it as MP4 off youtube from the saved video after stream end I lost significant quality and couldnt even read any of the words on the screen.

I agree. I wish they had been more generous with Item limit, or given us the opportunity to purchase more capacity slots to allow players to be creative like this.
    Edited by Shimmer on January 27, 2017 3:47PM

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added in my new jumping puzzle house to the Original post :)