Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

MAGSORC PvP/PvE Dunmer viable?

no0rdinarymike
Hey guys, I know theres a ton of these already but none that seems updated and to nail my question. Wondering if a dark elf MAGSORC vampire build for PvP/PvE is viable with the latest updates(maybe not for the PvE part but especially PvP). Am I gonna end up with sustain/burst/resource management issues or am I gonna do ok? Is it gonna compete with the Altmer or not at all by a long shot?

If not which is better between Breton and Altmer? Thanks guys
Edited by no0rdinarymike on January 24, 2017 4:31PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer will be fine. You'll have an advantage while using fire stuff, such as skoria, grothdarr, inferno staff etc... Altmer will have a slight advantage in regen and 1% more max magicka.

But I have a dunmer sorc and I've never felt that I'd do better with an altmer (or breton)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer works. I just researched a bunch of expert mag builds, and players like Alcast list them in top three preferred races frequently.

• no0rdinarymike
    Alright thanks a lot guys. Cheers.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are making the argument its better this patch with bsw and what not. Your good.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With passives supporting magic and elemental damage it is an excellent choice. The fire resistance will help and extra stam helps in pvp.

The difference between altmer is small, and i think dumners passives help survivability more.
    Edited by Lord_Wrath on January 26, 2017 2:00AM
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fire resistance means you can go vampirism without second thoughts.
    Larger stamina pool means you can break from cc easier.
    And fire is great when used by Dunmer.
    Damage bonus to other elements is neat, too.

I think Dunmer is in pretty great spot for upcoming patch, no matter if used as mSorc or mDK.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

I think Dunmer is in pretty great spot for upcoming patch, no matter if used as mSorc or mDK.

The fire resistance is actually negligible, it's only 3%.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And is calculated before the additional 25% fire damage. So you are always taking 25% more fire damage.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a source for that @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO?

I've read differing things on Dunmer / Vamp fire impact, curious to now exactly what the deal is
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer #1. From day 1. Fire ftw! Look at this way. With a magdk on your side you're doing 17% extra damage to everything. Far better than worrying about a measly 2% difference to shock and ice. Your weaves are harder, meteor is harder, woe is harder. Frags unaffected. Srs 1% max magika makes *** all difference.

Plus that extra stam actually makes a notable difference. This is coming from someone who mains sorc from launch and tried vma on an altmer. Hated it. Dunmer OP. Plus new destro passive...
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And is calculated before the additional 25% fire damage. So you are always taking 25% more fire damage.

You are talking about stage 4. Why would you be stage 4 when only benefit compared to stage 3 is full movement speed in stealth is beyond me, if you use Dunmer for mSorc.
    Also, don't forget undeath passive you get on stage 3 - when below 50% health you receive less damage, up to 33% depending on how badly you are damaged. Pair that with spammable elusive mist and benefits of vampirism for a Dunmer cannot be unseen. And I am not sure if 2079 bonus to fire resistance is only 3%, but lets say that it is.
    100% + 3%= 103% (100% = non dunmer base resistance)
    103% / 4 = 25.75% (compared to non dunmer base resistance)
    103% - 25.75% = 77.25%
    This would mean you are in better position as Dunmer vampire compared to any other vampire by 2.25%
    Even if this is not ultra cool super giga difference, it is still an improvement.
  • no0rdinarymike
    Dunmer #1. From day 1. Fire ftw! Look at this way. With a magdk on your side you're doing 17% extra damage to everything. Far better than worrying about a measly 2% difference to shock and ice. Your weaves are harder, meteor is harder, woe is harder. Frags unaffected. Srs 1% max magika makes *** all difference.

Plus that extra stam actually makes a notable difference. This is coming from someone who mains sorc from launch and tried vma on an altmer. Hated it. Dunmer OP. Plus new destro passive...

Thanks, I like to hear that from someone that tried it! I like dark elves lol. But what about that 10% regen that Dunmer doesn't have that Altmer has? Is it a waste of CP and gear to make up for it?

Also thanks for everyone's input, it confirms all I've read lately on the dark elf and magicka builds and I think I am definitely going to give it a shot. Cheers!

Edited by no0rdinarymike on January 26, 2017 2:48PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks, I like to hear that from someone that tried it! I like dark elves lol. But what about that 10% regen that Dunmer doesn't have that Altmer has? Is it a waste of CP and gear to make up for it?

Also thanks for everyone's input, it confirms all I've read lately on the dark elf and magicka builds and I think I am definitely going to give it a shot. Cheers!

You have 7% regen on both mag and stam. It's nothing. Once cp for reduced cost and sorc reduced cost passives etc comes into it the difference is neglible.

Dunmer is #1.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • no0rdinarymike

You have 7% regen on both mag and stam. It's nothing. Once cp for reduced cost and sorc reduced cost passives etc comes into it the difference is neglible.

Dunmer is #1.

Makes sense thank you!