The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Magicka DK Hype! - LeifyEric Outnumbered PvP

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP.

Buffing magicka DK? Better nerf Leif!
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on January 25, 2017 10:56PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That fight from 2:10, whoa.

giphy.gif
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

giphy.gif

Leif's DK house is a vegetable stand. ^_^
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    sick clips man
    nerf mdk
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome video man. Noticed the BSW proc on one of the clips, how are you liking that set compared to other dps sets like sun, spinners, ect? I'm leaning towards sun myself to replace trainee next patch.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Awesome video man. Noticed the BSW proc on one of the clips, how are you liking that set compared to other dps sets like sun, spinners, ect? I'm leaning towards sun myself to replace trainee next patch.

I personally haven't tried sun and spinners, but I don't see how they would be better than BSW. Sun doesn't buff bats and I think I heard it doesn't benefit from things like major sorcery. Spinners might be okay, but I would think BSW would be better.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

giphy.gif

My group member Moontan had just ressed and had no resources at the start of the fight. When he went down I knew that I was going to die too, but I wanted them to have to actually work hard to kill me. After I outheal tanked that destro ult, I figured anything was possible so I went tryhard. It worked.
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! That last clip though...haha!
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eyyy DK is back
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damn dude that was awesome
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really excellent gameplay :3
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on January 26, 2017 5:33AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    /salute

That was some great game play. I know how hard you have to work to play a mDK well. This shows how skilled of a player you are. I would love to pick your brain some time, especially on your healing.

One thing that seems odd in the big fight is that when I'm facing similar numbers, I usually have 3-4 Temps spamming RD, and even a couple Sorcs spamming mage's wrath so when my HP is low, I go POP. :neutral: Where were the beams??? :wink:

Also, be careful... If a dev sees this, they might think they need to nerf mDKs some more...

Fantastic work. Thanks for posting this!

-Phoebe Anderson
    Edited by Rainingblood on January 26, 2017 2:24PM
    Phoebe Anderson
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /salute

That was some great game play. I know how hard you have to work to play a mDK well. This shows how skilled of a player you are. I would love to pick your brain some time, especially on your healing.

One thing that seems odd in the big fight is that when I'm facing similar numbers, I usually have 3-4 Temps spamming RD, and even a couple Sorcs spamming mage's wrath so when my HP is low, I go POP. :neutral: Where were the beams??? :wink:

Also, be careful... If a dev sees this, they might think they need to nerf mDKs some more...

-Phoebe Anderson

It's actually a good thing when you get beam spammed. As a mdk, if I am not right on top of everyone, then I am going to die. Once you are right on top of everyone, you will destroy beam spammers because of inhale. Channels at range are the counters to mdk, but channels in melee are easy interrupts (but sadly they took that mechanic away with soul assault).

And the healing is not bad on mdk. I know everyone says it is, but you are playing it right, your healing is actually really good. The only time my healing is bad is when I line of sight around something and I am alone. As a mdk, you want to rotate burning embers on people and when you are fighting a lot at the same time, inhale is really strong. I block a lot so I end up not really having to heal that much just because I don't take that much damage, but in the second clip I was able to outheal that destro ult by sitting in it and inhaling everyone to get massive heals.

A super good healing trick I learned from Sypherpk from sypherpk.com is to burning embers someone, count to 6, then go into mist form. Once you are out of mist form you will get the heal right away.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Long live mDK!
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IDK man, I was told by forum DKs that magicka dk is terrible and basically unplayable AP fodder. But this video demonstrates that the class has excellent tools and can be very powerful in extreme 1vX situations if played right. Therefore it has tools to excel in any aspect of PvP. I don't know what to believe.

Now imagine how good magicka DK is gonna be with breath of life lite. This class is gonna be monstrous in the right hands next patch, maybe too good even. We'll see in a few weeks if we're getting a repeat of stam sorcs and the destro ult where something gets overbuffed due to zenimax caving to pressure from the community.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    /salute

-Phoebe Anderson

It's actually a good thing when you get beam spammed. As a mdk, if I am not right on top of everyone, then I am going to die. Once you are right on top of everyone, you will destroy beam spammers because of inhale. Channels at range are the counters to mdk, but channels in melee are easy interrupts (but sadly they took that mechanic away with soul assault).

And the healing is not bad on mdk. I know everyone says it is, but you are playing it right, your healing is actually really good. The only time my healing is bad is when I line of sight around something and I am alone. As a mdk, you want to rotate burning embers on people and when you are fighting a lot at the same time, inhale is really strong. I block a lot so I end up not really having to heal that much just because I don't take that much damage, but in the second clip I was able to outheal that destro ult by sitting in it and inhaling everyone to get massive heals.

A super good healing trick I learned from Sypherpk from sypherpk.com is to burning embers someone, count to 6, then go into mist form. Once you are out of mist form you will get the heal right away.

Awesome tips. Do you go heavy into block cost reduction?
    Phoebe Anderson
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is nice. Kind of weird to not see even one fear/fossilize in there.

You were at almost 0% stam there a load of the time. No hard stuns... Still, eventhough they were bad players that *** is impressive!
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    That is nice. Kind of weird to not see even one fear/fossilize in there.

You were at almost 0% stam there a load of the time. No hard stuns... Still, eventhough they were bad players that *** is impressive!

If I had got feared in that second clip, there would have been no way I would have won the fight. Fossilize isn't that big of a deal because it breaks really fast, but if I get feared and I don't have the stam to break free, it's gg. But also, keep in mind that when in a fight without the presence of fear, you can recognize that and in turn, waste more stamina than you would usually be able to waste. I knew that there was no way I would get stunned while blocking in that second fight, so I didn't bother saving enough stamina to break fear.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /salute

-Phoebe Anderson

Awesome tips. Do you go heavy into block cost reduction?

I believe I run two sturdy with 10% block cost reduction in cp.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    IDK man, I was told by forum DKs that magicka dk is terrible and basically unplayable AP fodder. But this video demonstrates that the class has excellent tools and can be very powerful in extreme 1vX situations if played right. Therefore it has tools to excel in any aspect of PvP. I don't know what to believe.

Now imagine how good magicka DK is gonna be with breath of life lite. This class is gonna be monstrous in the right hands next patch, maybe too good even. We'll see in a few weeks if we're getting a repeat of stam sorcs and the destro ult where something gets overbuffed due to zenimax caving to pressure from the community.

Stop
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    /salute

-Phoebe Anderson

Ooooh Sypherpk from sypherpk.com?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it seems the deeper you get into fights, unless disciplined and a lot like real life... Opponents seem to get tired and less likely to take advantage of crucial situations while they just tirelessly continue to attempt to slug you to death.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it seems the deeper you get into fights, unless disciplined and a lot like real life... Opponents seem to get tired and less likely to take advantage of crucial situations while they just tirelessly continue to attempt to slug you to death.

I think the presence of so many cancer tanks in the game right now has lulled people to sleep. You see someone tanking a bunch of damage and just assume its some stupid build designed just to stay alive. MDK is going to catch tons of people by surprise next patch.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I literally find it easier to 1vx some people in this game than to 1v1 them.
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. You may notice though, that a lot of players lean toward class builds that are easier/less skill to play. MDK is challenging and can be difficult, especially compared to the way they used to be, but it can also be very fun if you like the challenge. Players like Leif are a great example of what this class can do with a skilled player at the wheel.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im all for magicka dk buffs, but only if they cut off one of leifs hands first...if you get my meaning ^^

PC EU
    PvP only
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it's more than just cancer tank builds... Happens to me and I'm not even close to what you can consider a tank. In prolonged fights everyone attaching either assumes someone else will cc or so tunnel visioned into just pumping damage that cc winds up being an after thought.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leif is OP. Plz Nerf!

This video is amazing, you better hope the devs don't see it. :lol:
    Edited by Minalan on January 26, 2017 11:38PM
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great fights Leif! When it comes to resource management, mDK always feels to me 'how it should be' - it's challenging and rewards clever play and understanding of mechanics.

For a lot of players, getting in a fight gives them a rush of blood, they don't think so clearly and they use abilities more often than not (spam rally or vigor if pressured, don't cc or use dots, just spam their main spammable, forget to keep buffs up, forget to keep hots up).

That is ok when the resource pool is full, but when it gets low, you don't really know what to do because you aren't used to it (CP has made resource management pretty easy). Add in an increased heart rate, and your decision making may become poor. Your concentration lapses the longer the fight goes on and the more pressure applied and before you know it you are in someones 1 v x video.
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Im all for magicka dk buffs, but only if they cut off one of leifs hands first...if you get my meaning ^^

Lol please no!