The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player behaviour that drives you crazy ...

• Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭
    People not using purify when they have a healing debuff then blaming the healer for their death.
    People standing in enormous red one shot circles then blaming the healer for their death.
    People in general.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    People who think it's all about them and the rest of us should be the ones that go out of our way to accommodate them whilst they do what they want. Take the recent duelling thread, there's a number of people on here that think them being able to craft etc in towns is more deserving than those wanting to use other in-game features such as duelling. Yeah, if you expect me to go out into the wilderness and wait around for hours on end to find a duel, then you should have no issue taking your own advice onboard and visit a crafting table out in the wilderness. What's that? You shouldn't need to? Yeah, I shouldn't need to stand in the middle of nowhere either just to pander your every whim.

Lmao. Do you read the things you type?

I can only assume you were one of the ones crying about it in the other thread? Sorry, I really can't remember if i'm supposed to know you or not.

You mean crying like you did in this very thread when you whined about "crafters in cities"?

And I laughed at you. I didn't cry. B)
    Edited by Molydeus on February 16, 2017 9:20AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last time I was very polite and asked the group lead to give us a chamce to leave after the boss, cuz we didnt want to do their 2 days worth of dailies for them. This ended with some guy very loudly threatening to come over to my house and shoot me. :trollface:

You can get the guy permabanned for making that threat y'know.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    ....and people who think moving around a lot in PvE makes them avoid attacks
    I get irritated cause I'm trying to heal them and keep asking WHY ARE YOU MOVING FOR NO REASON.
    Only move to avoid red, otherwise pick an area and stay put

Healers complaining about players not standing still ^^

Edited by Madamova on February 16, 2017 9:12AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People who think it's all about them and the rest of us should be the ones that go out of our way to accommodate them whilst they do what they want. Take the recent duelling thread, there's a number of people on here that think them being able to craft etc in towns is more deserving than those wanting to use other in-game features such as duelling. Yeah, if you expect me to go out into the wilderness and wait around for hours on end to find a duel, then you should have no issue taking your own advice onboard and visit a crafting table out in the wilderness. What's that? You shouldn't need to? Yeah, I shouldn't need to stand in the middle of nowhere either just to pander your every whim.

I can only assume you were one of the ones crying about it in the other thread? Sorry, I really can't remember if i'm supposed to know you or not.

You mean crying like you did in this veru thread when you whined about "crafters in cities"?

Good for you, you've managed to turn my initial comment into a response. Never saw anyone use that one before. Seriously, I have no clue who you are. You seem determined to make it known that our discussion means more than it actually did. Did you say something that was supposed to be memorable, that you thought would make such an impact on me that I would remember you from the next person 5 mins later? You're starting to creep me out a little. Keeping tags on me.

If it stops further stalking responses, I'll say I agree with you 100%, i was wrong. You obviously are never wrong and only your opinion matters. Not mine.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on February 16, 2017 9:21AM
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean crying like you did in this veru thread when you whined about "crafters in cities"?

Good for you, you've managed to turn my initial comment into a response. Never saw anyone use that one before. Seriously, I have no clue who you are. You seem determined to make it known that our discussion means more than it actually did. Did you say something that was supposed to be memorable, that you thought would make such an impact on me that I would remember you from the next person 5 mins later? You're starting to creep me out a little. Keeping tags on me.

Did you say something? I'm busy crafting over here.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long lines at the ****ing bank!
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    People. Who. Does. Not. Read. The. Chat.

I'm sure you can understand the FRUSTRATION of this. And i'm not complaining because Mike didn't answer to my joke in 3 seconds on tuesday, but because there is a sh*t ton of player who doesn't care.

You see a player that clearly doesn't know the dungeon (or the class or the ...) and you choose - rather than kick him - to explain everything in detail (or not) to him.

And what do you see next ?

This filthy player doing the same *** as before. This is just unbearable.

I mean, you can spend an entire dungeon without talking to anyone, I'm not here to promote the "hi, i'm barry and i'm the fastest man alive" because for one, he isn't, and second if you don't want to talk because you're having a bad day or something, i don't care and i'll let you be.

But FFS, please, when someone is writing in the chat :
    1) READ IT
    2) ANSWER (if it's mean to you, obv)

Because - spoiler alert - this is a => MMO <=
    Toki Xa'm - Lamenoire. Je réalise des guides. Parfois, je joue.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complaining about players playing how they want.

Lol. True.

But why would someone get upset with tenplars spamming jabs since it's designed to be a spam just like force pulse and strife are.

Exactly. Might as well complain about those tanks taking aggro and those healers healing.

Omg yes. I get so annoyed about healers healing. They need to be kicked from the group.

I actually do kick most healers from the group :c im(opinion) they're the most useless person in the group. I'd rather have a tank locking down adds than some guy in a skirt acting like a diva because he spams ultralow repentence far away from the group. Oh and they have gawdly dps cuz jbeam.

I've met some cool ones that throw out alot of buffs, and had a pretty good time running. That's not most days tho.
  • G-sus_NL
    G-sus_NL
    ✭✭
    Running trials with a group that checks every single bag or trunk. It takes forever and makes doing trials exhausting.
    PSN: G-sus - EU - Daggerfall Covenant - DW DK Imperial
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xence wrote: »

People.Who.Do.Not.Understand.That.Not.Everyone.Speaks.English.

Because - spoiler alert - this is a => MMO <= with players from all over the world.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 16, 2017 11:57AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    G-sus_NL wrote: »
    Running trials with a group that checks every single bag or trunk. It takes forever and makes doing trials exhausting.

I'm fine with this in normal trials, but in a vet trial it's uber annoying. Tiz why good groups wait till the end to grab heavy sacks and chests.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Suleku wrote: »
    lol when your team wipes only once..... and people just flat out leave without saying anything -.-

You know what's worse? High cp player rush like hell and die, then blame other members. Like I just teleported dungeon 10 second ago and dude died to The Iron-Swathed Glutton in WGT. And those dd's who pick dps and tank in group tool to get faster match. They should change that so you can pick only one rule.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭

Because - spoiler alert - this is a => MMO <= with players from all over the world.

Dude I live in Turkey, and arguably most underdeveloped city. I don't say people should speak like royal majesty, but it's not hard to learn basics.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G-sus_NL wrote: »

I'm fine with this in normal trials, but in a vet trial it's uber annoying. Tiz why good groups wait till the end to grab heavy sacks and chests.
    Don't see the difference here, it takes time both places.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »
    Dude I live in Turkey, and arguably most underdeveloped city. I don't say people should speak like royal majesty, but it's not hard to learn basics.

I agree that it is not really hard, but just because you did it (and so did I - english isn't my native language either) doesn't mean you can require it from others in a PUG.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 16, 2017 12:22PM
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭

Here's what i think :

1) Pegi 18 game. If you don't speak english at 18 in a world where mondialisation is a common thing, you should learn it.
    (For the little players who say : "you don't have to be 18 to play the game" i answer : "Yes, but you have to know the consequences")

2) If you don't speak english, find a guild who does speak your language and play with people who do too. Because it's a HUGE handicap to not being able to understand each other.

3) English is the international language. I'm french and i still speak english with my friends if a non-french person is present, it's called respect.

4) It's a european server, there can be a lot of person with a fair amount of different language. How can they communicate ? Through english.

5) It's an MMO, there is a good amount of language related to this kind of game which are in english.

6) I can't understand how you can support people who shut themselves to diversity and open-mindedness.

Now that the bases are in place :

7) If you don't communicate in a MMO, change what you do in it. There is a lot to do in solo content.

8) You can still try to communicate through simple words in english, everyone know some (apart from Jon Snow) and the beautiful and helpful phrase : "I don't speak english".

Please try to understand that finding people in Random Dungeon Finder that doesn't know the strategies of bosses nor communicate is irritating. Speaking english or not. And the "language excuse" is not what i complain about, i have no problem with people that doesn't speak english nor understand it, people just don't read the chat.
    Edited by Xence on February 16, 2017 12:28PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Pegi 18 game. If you don't speak english at 18 in a world where mondialisation is a common thing, you should learn it.
    (For the little players who say : "you don't have to be 18 to play the game" i answer : "Yes, but you have to know the consequences")

I agree that it would be beneficial for them to learn it - but do people participate in an MMO to be told/berated what they should or shouldn't do - for their own sake - like if they were in school ?
    2) If you don't speak english, find a guild who does speak your language and play with people who do too. Because it's a HUGE handicap to not being able to understand each other.

I would reverse that one and say
    - If you have expectations, don't PUG
    - If you want to play with people who all speak english, join english-speaking guilds and restrict yourself to that
    3) English is the international language. I'm french and i still speak english with my friends if a non-french person is present, it's called respect.

I am french too and I speak english with you here, so basically I agree. Now, being french, you know very well how few people here do actually speak english. Many, many of my friends simply don't. Why so many people don't speak english nowadays is beyond my understanding, but it is nonetheless a fact. What happens as a consequence is that people like me (and probably you, too) are requested to translate back and forth. That's horrible and tedious. Especially when people start arguing or still don't understand each other and blame it on you, the translator.
    4) It's a european server, there can be a lot of person with a fair amount of different language. How can they communicate ? Through english.

Or with non-verbal communication.
    5) It's an MMO, there is a good amount of language related to this kind of game which are in english.

That's not english, that's "MMO slang" ;-)
    6) I can't understand how you can support people who shut themselves to diversity and open-mindedness.

I don't support them. I just state as a fact that they don't speak english and it's not my place to judge them or to find out about their reasons.
    That's, I think, our main point of disagreement. You tend to "exclude" all non-english speakers and I try to find solutions to not exclude them. That's ME being open to diversity and open-minded - instead of expecting it from others.
    7) If you don't communicate in a MMO, change what you do in it. There is a lot to do in solo content.

Same comment as above. People should be allowed to play together beyond the language barrier - even if it clearly makes things a little bit more difficult.
    8) You can still try to communicate through simple words in english, everyone know some (apart from Jon Snow) and the beautiful and helpful phrase : "I don't speak english".

Please try to understand that finding people in Random Dungeon Finder that doesn't know the strategies of bosses nor communicate is irritating. Speaking english or not. And the "language excuse" is not what i complain about, i have no problem with people that doesn't speak english nor understand it, people just don't read the chat.

I have to agree, though, that everyone should be courteous enough to say "hello, sorry but I don't speak english" in group chat. And I agree that too many people don't have that basic courtesy.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 16, 2017 1:11PM
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    I agree that it would be beneficial for them to learn it - but do people participate in an MMO to be told/berated what they should or shouldn't do - for their own sake - like if they were in school ?

"We are not in school so i behave like i want too" ... how can i make you understand that this is not how the world is suppose to be ? The game is a society, therefore there is some basic rule you are obligated to apply like a simple one "don't insult people" or else you get ban etc.

I would reverse that one and say
    - If you have expectations, don't PUG
    - If you want to play with people who all speak english, join english-speaking guilds and restrict yourself to that

I agree on the first part. The second is just basically what i said. I just assume that if you want to use the RDF you have to have basic understanding of english.
    Why so many people don't speak english nowadays is beyond my understanding

Thank you.
    Or with non-verbal communication.

In game ? This is quite hard for me to picture.
    That's not english, that's "MMO slang" ;-)

MMO slang ARE english few exemples :

dd = damage dealer
    heal = well ... to heal
    dps = damage per second
    lfg = looking for group
    kb = knockback
    hm = hard mode

and so on... you get the point.
    You tend to "exclude" all non-english speakers and I try to find solutions to not exclude them. That's ME being open to diversity and open-minded - instead of expecting it from others.

As i said, the main problem here is "non-chat-reader" not "non-english-speaker".
    Same comment as above. People should be allowed to play together beyond the language barrier - even if it clearly makes things a little bit more difficult.

If it make the game bad for you, or your surrondings that should not be the case. We can't always lower ourself to the minority of people that don't want to improve, therefore they have to work a little. I don't ask for much.
    I have to agree, though, that everyone should be courteous enough to say "hello, sorry but I don't speak english" in group chat. And I agree that too many people don't have that basic courtesy.

There you go, we agree. (Though, this sentence is in contradiction with some things you just said such as "do people participate in an MMO to be told/berated what they should or shouldn't do - for their own sake - like if they were in school ?")

I like you tho.
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    Other people with "Bacon" in their name. Who the heck do these people think they are?!?

You will either hate me the most or maybe not for I do not have Bacon in my name, but named ALL of my pets, mounts and battle pets BACON.
    There is just so many of them and since my real life cats name is Bacon, I thought it would be easier and funny to name them all Bacon.
    When both battle pet are out and I start yelling commands: "HEY, Bacon, stop attacking that enemy and go help Bacon, she's stuck somewhere back there", ooo the other players remarks is quite funny.

The other night as well in Vet Hell Ra first boss, tank died twice, both times group wipe. Tank got group hate and left. While crown looked for new tank, I took the p1ss. Typed in chat: I can always call my mini tank Bacon, he is ok now but wait until the DLC update, he'll be strong then. By now I have some players attention. I typed: BACON, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!! Summoned my unstable familiar. HAHA what a laugh that was, told them I'm just joking but thought it would be funny given the tense situation and it was...
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »

I agree that it is not really hard, but just because you did it (and so did I - english isn't my native language either) doesn't mean you can require it from others in a PUG.

But It's whole europe server, even it's not US or UK, english still common language here.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bowtards. I like the bow. It's a cool weapon, but only for those that know how to use it.

To the bowtard from last night's delve... if you're using a bow you should not be wearing heavy armor, and if you're using a bow, you should at the very least be using bow skills. Pew pewing nothing but light attacks does absolutely nothing. That is why you were rezing yourself at every corner. And how the hell did you get to CP100?

Apparently we have Skyrim to blame for this "playstyle".
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    O yeah now I remember what I actually wanted to say:

Players that is just to lazy to google their own questions or players saying they do not know how to use google!! (and I truly believe that everyone knows how to use google, thus plainly put, their just LAZY)

Even worse is the silly questions like the one from the other day:

First I thought it was a troll with a bait question, but after reading more discussion I realized the player was seriously asking the following question:
    Is VMA more difficult than normal, I haven't cleared normal and heard you only get weapon on vet and was wondering if it is more or less the same?

Thought to myself, o dear divines, some people, so I replied like a VMA struggling to pass player would with: Hey, like most off us why don't you set you're group on vet and go to MA and see for yourself, then come back here and never ever ask such a silly question again, ok!
    He gave some whisper about how he was overwhelmed with all responses and that he gets it now, ITS MUCH MUCH MORE DIFFICULT.
    Even if you do not know for real such things, first ask google, then ask community to fill the gaps. Better to know a little of what you ask than to ask what you should have known.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    Bowtards. I like the bow. It's a cool weapon, but only for those that know how to use it.

To the bowtard from last night's delve... if you're using a bow you should not be wearing heavy armor, and if you're using a bow, you should at the very least be using bow skills. Pew pewing nothing but light attacks does absolutely nothing. That is why you were rezing yourself at every corner. And how the hell did you get to CP100?

Indeed. Please don't say you're a dps or queue as a dps for dungeons if that's all you're going to do
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most irritating thing for me though is when a group of 2 or more low level people queue into Vet Dungeons, who are probably in party chat and completely ignoring the explanations and help you try to give completely waisting my time and can't be kicked because they're together. Then you eventually after carrying them through the whole thing get kicked because they think they're actually doing something.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a player...but my personal banker running away from me everytime I try to interact with him... I get so ticked off trying to track him down...
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »

I blame anime for DW
    I blame Gandalf for staffs
    I blame Conan for 2hnd
    I blame Legolas for Bow
    I blame GoT for 1hnd/shield

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avatars that come up to your character with both weapons out and look like they escaped an asylum.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭
    People still complaining like little witches that the crafting bag isn't free.