Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New RP/Leveling/Trade guild based out of the city of Daggerfall: Crimson Firefly

Jallown
Jallown
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone, I'm here to officially start Crimson Firefly's recruitment drive! We are a very small guild (2 people, at the time of posting in fact) and are looking for new players to join us. If you're looking for a small, close-knit guild where you can meet and interact with your officers as opposed to being in a guild with hundreds of other players, CF may be for you.

Our leadership structure is mostly democratic. When we have enough players I would like to have officers chosen by their peers, and a system in which all guild affairs take the opinion of our members into account before we act.

We are semi-serious. Our goal here is to explore the wonderful world of Tamriel given to us by Bethesda and ZOS without the pressure of dailies, power leveling, or any of that. If you want to do that, you're more than welcome, but we really want to focus on enjoying the beauty of the game and all it offers. RP is not enforced, but it is strongly recommended. Guild chat is completely relaxed, although when you're with guildmates it's encouraged that you immerse yourself in the situation. One of TES' strengths has always been the depth of the universe and its characters, really makes yours come alive. The only time RP will be actively enforced is if you're hanging out with us in the Rosy Lion (or any other inn, for that matter) for a mug of ale in a designated RP session, or we are having an official ingame guild meeting. (Out of game meetings will not be in character, obviously)

We are based in Daggerfall, as that is where a lot of the Breton player housing will be and I personally really like the city, but we do not discriminate against any race. Everyone is welcome to join.

If you're interested, reply here or contact me ingame @Jallown. I hope to see many of you soon, happy hunting!
  • Jallown
    Jallown
    Soul Shriven
    Forgot to mention above, we have a Discord currently and a website is in the pipes.
  • Berylin
    Berylin
    A few questions, please. Hopefully the answers will be useful many, not just me.

(1) What times of day (weekdays? weekends?) is the leadership active, and in which time zone?

(2) Everyone has priorities in the game. If you we to prioritize guild gameplay activities, which would you place first, second, etc.:
    -(a) Learning to play PvE, solo and/or group
    -(b) Doing end-game and other advanced PvE content (including dungeon speed runs, etc.)
    -(c) Learning to be effective in PvP
    -(d) Maintaining an expert PvP team
    -(e) Crafting for the guild and/or for guild store
    -(f) Profitable trading, especially via the guild store
    -(g) Individual roleplay - IC interactions between guildees and/or other RPers
    -(h) Organizing and running roleplay events - creating plotlines and organizing events for them

(3) How often do you play, and how often would you like to see guild members on?

(4) Do you have an prior experience leading or being a member in a guild? What lessons (if any) are you trying to apply from that experience to Crimson Firefly?
  • Jallown
    Jallown
    Soul Shriven
    1. EST, mostly in the evenings. I'll occasionally be on during the day depending on how busy I am with school.
    2. I'd say A, E, and G right now. I want to let the guild grow organically as the member base levels up, and see where it goes from there. Whether our focus turns to trade, PvP, or PvE will be up to the guild's members. I'm personally interested in the endgame PvE and trade aspects.
    3. I'm on daily, again depending on how heavy my work load is from school and work I'm on anywhere from 1-6 hours daily. This is a game, and I understand people have lives outside of that, so I'm not asking for daily attendance or anything like that. If we do get to a point where we kick inactives I would most likely start at 1-2 months of inactivity.
    4. I've been playing MMOs for 10 years. I've been a guild leader for 1, an officer for 4, and the other 5 I've spent in and out of various leveling and endgame guilds. The biggest lesson I've learned is that you have to listen to your members. My last guild had weekly meetings where you could bring up any concerns or suggestions you had, and by the next week's meeting the leadership would make a post addressing every comment made during that meeting. No major decisions were made without consulting the players, when we merged with another large guild all the terms were voted on by the community. If the community said no and would have preferred the guild die out rather than go into this merger, the leaders were completely on board, which I respect a great deal. We heard that the other guild sprung it on their members a couple days before it happened, and as a result a lot of them were not happy and we ended up losing 1/4-1/3 of their players to our rival guild in the first few weeks. I'm hoping to follow in their footsteps of community involvement and the mentality that I work for them, as opposed to the other way around.