Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Akaviri Motifs on PTS?

baratron
baratron
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been informed that the AP costs for Akaviri Motifs are going up "tremendously" in Update 13. Could anyone please inform me of the new prices?

Current prices on Live:
Chests, Helmets, Shields, Staves and Swords Motifs - 500k AP.
Axes, Bows, Gloves, Legs, Maces, Shoulders Motifs - 250k AP.
Daggers, Belts, Boots Motifs - 100k AP.

Also, where may Akaviri Motifs may be purchased? On Live, you can buy them from the Siege Merchants in the gate camps, but this no longer seems to be possible in 2.7.2. Will it become necessary to go to a Quartermaster at a keep/resource? Or does another NPC in the gate camps have them instead?
Edited by baratron on January 23, 2017 7:54AM
Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today's PTS update, the cost of Akaviri Motifs is the same as it is on live. I haven't seen anything in the patch notes about a change.

As per the patch notes for 2.7.0:
    [*]There is now a War Researcher vendor in the base camps of Cyrodiil. These vendors have taken some of the work of the Siege Vendors, to ease their burdens.
    • The Akaviri Motif chapters, and the Style Items for Akaviri and Alliance styles, are now found in the War Researcher's store.
    I didn't see a pin for these merchants on the map, so you have to look around. But the Daggerfall Covenant War Researcher is indeed in one of the home camps... if only I could remember which one.
  • LUC1D7
    LUC1D7
    ✭✭
    I think what the people meant when told OP they were going up was that the gold price on resale would be going up. This would be because master writs are using this motif for some of the writs.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that means that people will sell them more. I still need to finish my collection, but some of those chapters are hard to come by. Come on, my pvp friends, buy maces, axes, helmets and shields, and sell them. PC EU. :D
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUC1D7 wrote: »
    I think what the people meant when told OP they were going up was that the gold price on resale would be going up. This would be because master writs are using this motif for some of the writs.

See, this would make sense, but I was definitely told "AP cost" rather than "gold cost". Probably someone got confused somewhere. It happens.

@opaj thanks for telling me about the War Researcher NPC. I'll look out for them.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prices up on Akaviri? It's already the most overpriced motif there is. Getting it was one of the prime reasons I joined PVP. It cost too much in AP. FYI, if you shop around, you can find it chapters for reasonable prices. I got about half my chapters like this, use AP for the rest. Don't let PVP stop you from getting this motif. AP comes easy, and PVP is really quite fun.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also aren't they significantly increasing the AP gain from taking resources, keeps and so on?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also aren't they significantly increasing the AP gain from taking resources, keeps and so on?

Yes.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Alliance War
    General
    • Increased the base amount of AP for capturing resources to 1,500 AP.
    • Increased the base amount of AP for capturing a keep to 6,000 AP.
    • Increased the base amount of AP for capturing a town to 1,500 AP.
    • Increased the base amount of AP for capturing an Imperial City District to 1,500 AP.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 24, 2017 2:22AM