The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Report Proc Set Stackers

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are just going to get banned for abusing the Report function. Or you could just stop playing if you hate the sets so much. Same result I guess.

Only, by clogging up the system with your superfluous reports you make it even worse for those reporting actual cheating. So thanks for that.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think it'll be really funny for a member of the support staff to open that ticket up.. lol.
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    I have begun reporting anyone weak enough to stack proc sets as cheating. Those of us who have invested time and money into this game and into pvp in particular have made our voices loud and clear how we do not want this proc set stacking in cyrodil. The devs have not only ignored us, but have offered a lame, diversionary 'fix' that no one asked for in order to stop us from complaining. Since the devs do not care to fix their game or to accommodate the very obvious wishes of the people who actually make up the player base of this game, we need to take it upon ourselves to deal with it. No one is my cyrodil group is allowed to use these weak proc sets. If those of us who take our time in cyrodil seriously band together we can deal with this scourge of scrubs and their velidreth since the devs won't do it for us.

i'm sorry, but i can't stop laughing. I do agree that proc set stackers are garbage though.
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• nosourcenopath
    danno8 wrote: »
    You are just going to get banned for abusing the Report function. Or you could just stop playing if you hate the sets so much. Same result I guess.

Only, by clogging up the system with your superfluous reports you make it even worse for those reporting actual cheating. So thanks for that.

Yes 'cheating' gets dealt with all the time.
    Hana Fireflower cp561 Dunmer Magblade (EP)
    Sap-Drinker cp561 Argonian Nightblade Magtank (EP)
    Dus cp561 Orc Stam Sorc (DC)
    The Third Shadow level 40 Khajit Nightblade (AD)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wont do any good. The proc sets are in the game and its ok to use as many as you want. ZoS has said they like them and how they play, they just need some "adjustment"
    Beta tester November 2013
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I agree proc sets need to be looked at! Everyone knows this also. I can totally agree with posting on forum, but reporting people that are not breaking rules in the game is wasting ZOS time. If I was the EP of ESO and I would have a policy for people that did eroniuos reports three times for same reason and a 72 hour ban, a forth and you are done! Quit wasting ZOS's time.

We do want Proc set fixed in PvP, but they need to be fixed to the point where you still want to use them, look at the Set Ashen Grip, hardly anyone runs it because the proc sucks.

My suggesting is do multi proc set nerf by establishing rules for using them.
    1. Equipping multi sets reduces the chance of procs
    2. While having multi sets on and you get a proc in increase resource use by 25% for 4 seconds
    3. If you get two procs at once your resistance levels are lowered and you are snared

We need suggestions like this to fix them, not reporting people.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow your really going to black mark players for playing the game?
    Your well over salted
    That's just being an a/hole
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP's brain has been snared by a tremorscale proc.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have begun reporting anyone weak enough to stack proc sets as cheating. Those of us who have invested time and money into this game and into pvp in particular have made our voices loud and clear how we do not want this proc set stacking in cyrodil. The devs have not only ignored us, but have offered a lame, diversionary 'fix' that no one asked for in order to stop us from complaining. Since the devs do not care to fix their game or to accommodate the very obvious wishes of the people who actually make up the player base of this game, we need to take it upon ourselves to deal with it. No one is my cyrodil group is allowed to use these weak proc sets. If those of us who take our time in cyrodil seriously band together we can deal with this scourge of scrubs and their velidreth since the devs won't do it for us.

Cause zeroging is better right????
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You yourself could get banned for abusing player reporting. Is proc set-stacking annoying? Yes. Is it cheating? No. In my honest opinion, Viper needs to be removed from the game (I just hate the set in pvp), but I wouldn't report anyone who uses it. Instead of reporting people are not cheating at all, actually look for people who are INDEED cheating by using CE or are exploiting something. What you're doing is only digging yourself into a pit.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well then, why bother reporting it if it doesn't get dealt with? Do you enjoy shouting into an empty room?

In your OP you suggest that reporting proc sets will have some effect on ZoS taking action to fix them, but then imply that reporting cheaters is a useless endeavor. These both can't be true at the same time.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you stack proc sets you deserve a ban, imo. The game also "let" you gap close into keeps for a while. Gap closers were put in the game by ZOS. Some of them always have (and some still do) let you get into a keep without taking the wall down. Just because it CAN be done doesn't mean it's okay. It also used to "let" you do double mundus, or overload magelight, or perma hist bark, etc. People aren't going to be banned for that I don't think, but it's definitely not "working as intended" by the developers, and neither are proc sets.

Stacking proc sets is isn't an exploit strictly speaking, but it is abuse of broken game mechanics. ZOS already acknowledges that proc sets are broken. They are making changes in the next patch. Does that mean it's okay for people who know better to abuse the crap out of them until the next patch?

I don't think ZOS should have tons of goofy reports, but my god you people could just stop abusing what's broken in this game. Has that ever occurred to you? That other real, human people play this game, not just you, and when you abuse broken mechanics to get over on someone else, you are ruining their experience?

It's not like it's just a few bad apples, either. I get killed by people who don't use proc sets, but disproportionately it's procs that kill me. Is that because everyone is using procs, or because the sets are allow those people to get a disproportionate amount of kills vs people running gear sets that aren't currently bugged/broken? Something to think about.

It's crazy to me how everyone can agree they're broken and need to be fixed, but go on using them anyway. All it's doing is forcing people to make more tanks. Cyrodiil is already turning into a nightmare of extremes: (a) one-shot builds hiding somewhere to gank you and (b) super tanks that can sit through 10 people plus siege. It's the worst kind of rock-paper-scissors system where if you left click first, your procs go off on your light attack, and your target is dead. If they right click first, they block all your damage and are invincible. Total cancer.

The only change of pace (c) seems to be when some try-hard guild decides to ball zerg destro ults to rofllololostomp over unorganized (but often good or at least decent) players who haven't been given any good counters by ZOS, who instead keeps making new mechanics that disproportionately reward stacking up -- the exact opposite of what they say they intend. Such a wonderful gameplay experience for the masses.

This is not at all more "casual" as some people have said. It's actually much more difficult to make a worthwhile, competitive build that isn't one of the three above-mentioned troll-ish playstyles.
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    So what's the point in reporting as cheating if it's not cheating? Do you think people will actually get punished for it? Hope to meet you in cyrodiil someday.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's the point in reporting as cheating if it's not cheating? Do you think people will actually get punished for it? Hope to meet you in cyrodiil someday.

It is cheating.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on January 27, 2017 7:06PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is cheating.

It's not. And reporting something repeatedly that is intended gameplay and you are aware of this is called harassment which is against tos.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you stack proc sets you deserve a ban, imo. The game also "let" you gap close into keeps for a while. Gap closers were put in the game by ZOS. Some of them always have (and some still do) let you get into a keep without taking the wall down. Just because it CAN be done doesn't mean it's okay. It also used to "let" you do double mundus, or overload magelight, or perma hist bark, etc. People aren't going to be banned for that I don't think, but it's definitely not "working as intended" by the developers, and neither are proc sets.

Stacking proc sets is isn't an exploit strictly speaking, but it is abuse of broken game mechanics. ZOS already acknowledges that proc sets are broken. They are making changes in the next patch. Does that mean it's okay for people who know better to abuse the crap out of them until the next patch?

I don't think ZOS should have tons of goofy reports, but my god you people could just stop abusing what's broken in this game. Has that ever occurred to you? That other real, human people play this game, not just you, and when you abuse broken mechanics to get over on someone else, you are ruining their experience?

It's not like it's just a few bad apples, either. I get killed by people who don't use proc sets, but disproportionately it's procs that kill me. Is that because everyone is using procs, or because the sets are allow those people to get a disproportionate amount of kills vs people running gear sets that aren't currently bugged/broken? Something to think about.

It's crazy to me how everyone can agree they're broken and need to be fixed, but go on using them anyway. All it's doing is forcing people to make more tanks. Cyrodiil is already turning into a nightmare of extremes: (a) one-shot builds hiding somewhere to gank you and (b) super tanks that can sit through 10 people plus siege. It's the worst kind of rock-paper-scissors system where if you left click first, your procs go off on your light attack, and your target is dead. If they right click first, they block all your damage and are invincible. Total cancer.

The only change of pace (c) seems to be when some try-hard guild decides to ball zerg destro ults to rofllololostomp over unorganized (but often good or at least decent) players who haven't been given any good counters by ZOS, who instead keeps making new mechanics that disproportionately reward stacking up -- the exact opposite of what they say they intend. Such a wonderful gameplay experience for the masses.

This is not at all more "casual" as some people have said. It's actually much more difficult to make a worthwhile, competitive build that isn't one of the three above-mentioned troll-ish playstyles.

a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7_zpss52i1q4c.jpg
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is cheating.

Are you still reporting these random people? Dude stop, PTS is still not fixed for mac and your tickets are not helping.
    They are keeping ZOS devs from seeing my ticket
    Edited by Horowonnoe on February 2, 2017 3:20AM
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where you at bro? I'll hit you from shadows, drop some widowmaker + viper + selene proc and let you taste my incap strike. Then i just vanish into the shadows.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    OP's brain has been snared by a tremorscale proc.

rolf
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be a joke right?
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and while you clog up the customer service staff with bogus 'cheating' reports actual bug/cheating/exploiting reports are lost/overlooked!

this reminds me of the person on xbox EU who reports pickpockets & Blade of Woe users as cheaters!

or the person who reported farmers if they didn't respond to /w as bots....
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so stacked proc sets give me aids for sure, but reported for cheating? What exactly do you think that will accomplish?
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this said "report shield stackers" so i clicked on it ready to type a paragraph :D:D:D
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• g00gleyes
    g00gleyes
    I'm a new player, and I'm going thru the proc sets... wow lol. these look cancerous as hell. i thought gw2 had it bad, yeah right lol. why does zos or any game developer think these are a good idea? "herp derp ye bois yu can has free passive damage that will take away half a players hp cuz damages are gr8 2 c." man what a massive logic fail.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    g00gleyes wrote: »
    I'm a new player, and I'm going thru the proc sets... wow lol. these look cancerous as hell. i thought gw2 had it bad, yeah right lol. why does zos or any game developer think these are a good idea? "herp derp ye bois yu can has free passive damage that will take away half a players hp cuz damages are gr8 2 c." man what a massive logic fail.

Mmm because they are fun and useful for pve.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen people fly through the air breaking the TOS before, but I've never seen someone come into the forums and admit to a bannable offense. I guess that saves the whole investigation part.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my favorite post of 2017 thus far :)
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you enjoy shouting into an empty room?

Don't judge me.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donald J Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of proc set users entering cyrodill until our developer overlords can figure out what the hell is going on
    160422_POL_Donald-Trump-Act.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So PVP went from

when you get killed you go on forums ... NERF!! NERF!! NERF!!! I GOT KILLED NNNEEERRRFFFF

to.. got killed by using proc sets to.

" :'( YOUR NOT PLAYING HONORABLE YOUR NOT PLAYING LIKE I DO YOUR NOOB FOR KILLING ME YOU SHOULD USE THE SAME SET ITEMS AS I DO " REPORT REPORT REPORT REPORT REPORT CHEATING CHEATING CHEATING CHEATING !!!!!!!!!!!!

while there is a one guy with unlimited ult casing walking by .. nothing to see here im not wearing any "cheating" proc sets :D

Face palm no wonder why i don't step in pvp
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."