The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Apply 50% of Major Expedition and Major Gallop to main roads

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Cyrodill is a vastly large map where youll find yourself spending a lot of time traveling, most of the time we choose direct lines from point A to point B, avoiding environmental obstacles on the way. If you don't have rapids slotted, youre looking and a slow long boring ride, especially with how clunky mounts ride. Roads are clear paths and should have a use aside from being cosmetic trails on a map. So I am suggesting that Major Expedition and Major Gallop be applied to main roads, excluding keeps/towns/etc.

I feel this can bring some interesting things to the table. It helps players without rapids to travel faster without providing the full benefit of the skill. Meanwhile this makes the roads more dangerous - as roads should be in war time - with a higher chance to encounter players/gankers/groups.

What do you guys think? Could this improve Cyrodill experience? Of course everything has its pros and cons, balance your thoughts!
Edited by Lord_Wrath on January 22, 2017 6:32PM
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP

Suggestion: Apply 50% of Major Expedition and Major Gallop to main roads 75 votes

I support
92%
IcyDeadPeopleMorbashGloryCavalryPKSolarikenarkansas_ESODeadlyRecluseMojmirHeroOfNoneKovaVurian97pjwb16_ESOBirdovicEtanielTurelusIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOEnodocJitterbugSimen.askeland89b16_ESOAvaglaor 69 votes
I do not support
8%
lolo_01b16_ESOMLRPZSerjustin19PuzzlenutsWhite wabbitDelimber 6 votes
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    I support
    It's a neat concept. It would change strategy of PvP in some aspects, as well as offer new players / new characters a faster way around the map. I think it would be a great change especially because it would give a clear and obvious spot to where Gankers would be hanging out as well as their not so obvious spots that they sometime hang out at now.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support
    Major Gallop sounds adorable.

The bear mount will look ridiculous.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support
    Vurian97 wrote: »
    It's a neat concept. It would change strategy of PvP in some aspects, as well as offer new players / new characters a faster way around the map. I think it would be a great change especially because it would give a clear and obvious spot to where Gankers would be hanging out as well as their not so obvious spots that they sometime hang out at now.

Agreed.

It would also actually make guarding a road a worthwhile endeavor for small groups, and make plotting a route actually kind of important for larger ones (roads for fast transit or offroad to avoid the "highwaymen?")

I'd suggest making it a separate buff from major/minor expedition, something that makes it worth taking roads even in a group that already packs those buffs.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on January 22, 2017 7:06PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    I support

Agreed.

It would also actually make guarding a road a worthwhile endeavor for small groups, and make plotting a route actually kind of important for larger ones (roads for fast transit or offroad to avoid the "highwaymen?")

I'd suggest making it a separate buff from major/minor expedition, something that makes it worth taking roads even in a group that already packs those buffs.

That is an even better concept to the idea, different buffs so you can stack speed-buffs, making roads even viable for the large groups of higher players!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually since there are maybe two things in the game that give minor expedition, only one of which is good for travel if you don't mind using up a 5 piece set bonus, they could just make roads give the minor expedition bonus.

It's an interesting prospect, after all, that's kind of the point of paving roads in the first place, to ease travel. I'm going to tag @ZOS_BrianWheeler and see if the idea gets a response.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support
    driosketch wrote: »
    Actually since there are maybe two things in the game that give minor expedition, only one of which is good for travel if you don't mind using up a 5 piece set bonus, they could just make roads give the minor expedition bonus.

It's an interesting prospect, after all, that's kind of the point of paving roads in the first place, to ease travel. I'm going to tag @ZOS_BrianWheeler and see if the idea gets a response.

Yeah minor would be fine.

There was a detailed proposal floating around a long time ago about also having PVP relevant NPC caravans traveling between keeps, something like that combined with this could make fighting around roads a thing. I support anything that lets me fight on somewhere besides the usual places without going out of my way (aka bringing a scroll there).
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not support
    A few patches ago they changed rapid so you can't buff everyone anymore for server performance reasons. And now you want to add a buff that works on every player and is dependent on your current location?
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support

I suggested 50% of the existing speed buffs to avoid stacking speed buffs and creating something ridiculous.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »

I suggested 50% of the existing speed buffs to avoid stacking speed buffs and creating something ridiculous.

If it overrides existing speed buffs, everone will ignore the roads and just cast rapids.

If you want roads to be meaningful it has to be a separate buff.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few patches ago they changed rapid so you can't buff everyone anymore for server performance reasons. And now you want to add a buff that works on every player and is dependent on your current location?

They've changed a number of things that are player based which affect other players, including purge and barrier. However, roads are a static thing where location would be the determination of if the bonus applies. This is done already with near keep bonuses. I don't recall those ever needing adjusting, beyond the shape of the defense tick areas.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support
    100% support
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankers would be like ...

do-dogs-chase-cats-o.gif
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that would be an interesting concept, I just don't think it'd be feasible.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    I support
    Xsorus wrote: »
    This is something that would be an interesting concept, I just don't think it'd be feasible.

Why is that? In multiple other MMO's they have concepts like this inside Instanced Dungeons, I doubt it would be difficult to put it into an uninstanced zone.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support

If it overrides existing speed buffs, everone will ignore the roads and just cast rapids.

I see your perspective, I was thinking it more of a levelling ground to help those without the skill slotted, rather than helping those with rapids to go even faster.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support
    So it's finally happened. The game has been out long enough for players to forget that they made the game slower and never fixed it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2861404/#Comment_2861404

I support this idea, but I would rather have the old movement back. Please.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support
    Id also like a flat 20% speed increase that stacked with major gallop etc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Why is that? In multiple other MMO's they have concepts like this inside Instanced Dungeons, I doubt it would be difficult to put it into an uninstanced zone.

Because it's far different to make an instance dungeon have different rules vs specific sections of an overworked map.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support
    This is one of the.l best ideas I've read regarding Cyrodiil
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support
    It's a nice idea. I agree with the suggestion that it should be minor expedition precisely so that it would stack with major expedition. It's already possible to stack these buffs in game, although it's practically difficult, and I think that no advantage should be taken away from those that choose to slot rapids. I don't think it would be too crazy if just confined to roads.

The only issue I can see with it is the implementation; the game would have to know when your character was on a road and I feel like this functionality doesn't already exist in the game code, I could be wrong but I think terrain is just terrain and roads are just textures. It might me a massive programming task to implement.
    PC | EU
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support
    Sound cool, but there will be gankers for days on those trails :|
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support
    Honestly, riding on a road right now is almost like having expedition buff, my horse stubs it's hooves on every farking blade of grass these days. It gets really annoying how bugged the mount movement is and they haven't acknowledged it for months on end.

rip decibel
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support
    This is a really cool idea :smiley:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every so often I'm seeing suggestions that seem like they've been inspired by CU. This is one of them.

I would not be against it, though I think it would be a good place to introduce minor gallop at, say, 20%? There already is a major gallop attached to rapids.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I demand that the Gallop buff become a thing.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Salam
    Salam
    ✭✭
    I support
    Great idea!
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it just has to be faster in total
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I do not support
    Just feed your mount.

You can always switch out rapids as you get closer to a keep or outpost you want to defend or siege.

Or, would having a magic morph of the skill keep the mages happy.
    Edited by Delimber on January 23, 2017 1:02PM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support
    This would be awesome if they could find a way of doing it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."