Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Finder change

itsfatbass
itsfatbass
✭✭✭✭✭
So the ready check for dungeon finder change, while a change is necessary, just doesn't do enough. You still cannot see the members of your group before its formed, and with the problem of groups just kicking low cp players, among other reasons, this would NOT fix the issue. We need to be able to see the members of the group BEFORE we say we are ready, and only then I believe the dungeon should be loaded.
~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you need to see the group before saying your ready?

If you use DF, you've willingly made a statement that you wish to run a dungeon, nothing more. It does not mean you are guaranteed to get like minded individuals, will get thru smoothly or that you will even clear. All DF did was find you people to play with, that's all it's required to do.
    Argonian forever
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs a complete revamp. A system similar to how EverQuest where a player can put up a looking for group tag that other people can view, and send out whispers to form the group. Groups that already have some members can use this function, and they can also put up a looking for members tag that individuals can then view. It gives more specific control over what classes you have, and is a lot better idea than the random delegation is does now.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Gladium
    Gladium
    ✭✭✭
    It needs a complete revamp. A system similar to how EverQuest where a player can put up a looking for group tag that other people can view, and send out whispers to form the group. Groups that already have some members can use this function, and they can also put up a looking for members tag that individuals can then view. It gives more specific control over what classes you have, and is a lot better idea than the random delegation is does now.

You can achieve this exact thing just using zone chat. They should make a global LfG channel still, though.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the ready check for dungeon finder change, while a change is necessary, just doesn't do enough. You still cannot see the members of your group before its formed, and with the problem of groups just kicking low cp players, among other reasons, this would NOT fix the issue. We need to be able to see the members of the group BEFORE we say we are ready, and only then I believe the dungeon should be loaded.

I disagree. If you get into a group you don't like and decide to leave you should take the 15 minute penalty. I do however think they should remove then 15 minute penalty if you get kicked though.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This penalty timer is much more annoying than quitters. I still cannot understand why it was added. If I do not want to run this exact dungeon with those exact teammates nothing can stop me from quitting. 15 min is just sad, not stimulating group play. And yes, 15 min after kick is just cruel.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone chat covers one zone, there are MANY locations in tamriel. A global looking for group or looking for members tool is IMO, a vital necessity.
  • jpeter88
    jpeter88
    ✭✭✭
    I agree you need to see the group cp numbers before you commit to it. there are far to many times that i que for vet cradle of shadows and get stuck with 100cp players that simply cannot live/dish out the dps to do that dungeon. also the random dungeon finder for the exp seems to only give white gold, cradle, prison and some of the other harder dungeons, they should be removed because its low cp people that usually do it and when its the pledge for the day its impossible to find a good group through DF. Its not that low cp'ers are bad, its just 9/10 they will not have the correct gear or knowledge to be able to do it.
    561 Dark elf mDK
    561 Redguard stam DK
    561 Redguard stam sorc
    561 khajiit stam nm
    561 high elf mag nb
    561 high elf mag sorc
    561 bretan mag templar
    561 imperial stam dk tank
    561 imperial stam temp