The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Z you have outdone your self in terms of Greed - I'll never buy a useless Crown Crate!!!!

POps75p
POps75p
✭✭✭✭
I just notice today some decent 150 and 100 xp potions for sale and tried to buy them but it said I don't have enough of some stupid something, so I asked a couple of guild friends wtf were they taking about. They said that you only get these type of things when you buy those useless Crates. I not into buying anything that wont help me in battle, especially a bunch of worthsess crates. Sitting with a ton of Crown, and that's where they are going to stay
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. You are not forced to buying anything from Crown Store.
    2. You can buy XP potions from guild stores.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    I just notice today some decent 150 and 100 xp potions for sale and tried to buy them but it said I don't have enough of some stupid something, so I asked a couple of guild friends wtf were they taking about. They said that you only get these type of things when you buy those useless Crates. I not into buying anything that wont help me in battle, especially a bunch of worthsess crates. Sitting with a ton of Crown, and that's where they are going to stay

Wonderful!

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I only buy things if I know exactly what I'm getting and exactly what the price is. So no crown crates for me. A shame because there are quite few items hidden within them that, if I could buy straight up for a known price, I would be happy to spend my crowns on.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

1. Actually you are forced to buy things as it's the only way to get crown gems.
    2. No actually you cannot get the better exp Scrolls for this length any other way
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

1. Actually you are forced to buy things as it's the only way to get crown gems.
    2. No actually you cannot get the better exp Scrolls for this length any other way

No, but good luck... (Ignoring scroll vs drink.)
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mythic+Aetherial+Ambrosia
    Edited by Pinja on January 22, 2017 3:59AM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure.

The crown crates turned out to be kinda okay for RNG boxes.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't seem to care that they existed as a rare drop in the Crown Crates.

Now that they can be purchased with Gems in the Gem Store, the same way literally every other item that can drop from the Crown Crates can be purchased, now its a problem?

lol +1 entertainment

btw I converted my scrolls into gems when I got them.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »

Now that they can be purchased with Gems in the Gem Store, the same way literally every other item that can drop from the Crown Crates can be purchased, now its a problem?

lol +1 entertainment

How much do the big ones convert for?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure.

The crown crates turned out to be kinda okay for RNG boxes.
    No they didn't. They turned out to be not as absolutely terrible as they were on the PTS. They're still very bad. The fact that they changed it so you can convert any consumables to gems is literally the only thing keeping them from being totally and completely exploitative. Just because they're not as utterly awful as they were in the first iteration we saw of them doesn't mean that they're kinda okay.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol +1 entertainment

It was a long time ago now, but I only got the 100% exta xp scroll, and I think it gave me 13 gems. It makes sense as you get about 1/3rd gem cost back. That one costs 40 gems in the store.

We can assume then that the 150% xp scroll would give you 33 gems if it was converted.
    Edited by Metafae on January 22, 2017 5:19AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol +1 entertainment

It was a long time ago now, but I only got the 100% exta xp scroll, and I think it gave me 13 gems. It makes sense as you get about 1/3rd gem cost back. That one costs 40 gems in the store.

We can assume then that the 150% xp scroll would give you 33 gems if it was converted.

Cool. I think the most I've had convert is 5 from one of the duplicate costumes. I was just wondering if those converted for 1 like the smaller ones, or at a higher rate.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sitting with a ton of Crown, and that's where they are going to stay
    Ha you do realize that they've already got your money for the crowns right? Not using the crowns is like giving them money for nothing.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed several posts that were non-constructive and disrupting the conversation. Please ensure your posts are adding value to the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭

Have fun finding things in the crown store to spend your "ton of crown" on that will "help you in battle". Not gonna have much luck beyond trash tier food and tri stat potions.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it takes some players longer than others to figure out what a rip off the crown crates really are.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Guess it takes some players longer than others to figure out what a rip off the crown crates really are.

That is a matter of opinion. Imo I like them and don't think they are a rip off.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why I need to buy anything I don't want with the hope that I might get 33 gems (if that the number, not sure without looking again, but I though it was 400 of those thinks to get ONE 150 1 hour potion) so that I can can at some point get enough to buy one.

lol, just like going to the store and wanting to buy bread, but you have to buy butter with the hope of getting a token to buy the bread. GREAT
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

That is a matter of opinion. Imo I like them and don't think they are a rip off.

I'm not saying they are a rip off, some people like fluff, so it's their crowns let them buy them and enjoy what they get. but tying one into another purchase for something a person does not want is not right. PERIOD
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    There are xp scrolls you can just buy. They don't give as high of a bonus, but they last twice as long. Like 1 hour versus 2 hours.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taternater wrote: »
    There are xp scrolls you can just buy. They don't give as high of a bonus, but they last twice as long. Like 1 hour versus 2 hours.

those are ok, I normally make plus 50% xp, prob why I have over 900 cp on xbox, I know that number is small compaired to the pc, as they were able to hack in the thousands w/o any problems,
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    NOTE TO YOU:

NEVER use your REAL MONEY to buy IN-GAME items that has an RNG element tied to it.

"Spend $14.99 for a CHANCE to get a Mount." when you can just spend 900 Crowns or 10k Gold to buy a Horse.
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

I'm not saying they are a rip off, some people like fluff, so it's their crowns let them buy them and enjoy what they get. but tying one into another purchase for something a person does not want is not right. PERIOD

It's not a rip-off is they are using the free monthly Crowns to get the Crates.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend my money on things I want because I work and make plenty of $$$. No problems...
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait people actually use xp pots and scrolls? I've hardly used them (maybe 5 ever), only had 1 character until a month ago and I am at 564 cp since playing a bit after PS4 launch. I don't get the issue...
    Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on January 23, 2017 4:33AM
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Berry wrote: »
    NOTE TO YOU:

NEVER use your REAL MONEY to buy IN-GAME items that has an RNG element tied to it.

"Spend $14.99 for a CHANCE to get a Mount." when you can just spend 900 Crowns or 10k Gold to buy a Horse.

Also I heard that the designer of CM (Swtor) packs came over here to ZoS that's why ESO has Crown crates now.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on January 23, 2017 5:09AM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah gambling boxes are terrible and a complete betrayal of social contract. No more buying things directly like a normal person, only gambling now! "It's only cosmetic. :-) You aren't forced to buy them. :-)" Yeah okay I guess aesthetics don't matter in the game that prides itself on player customization so much that they got The Onion to do a parody piece on it, totes believeable. :p You point me to the place in the Crown Store where I can purchase the cool mounts directly and I'll hop right over.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Yeah gambling boxes are terrible and a complete betrayal of social contract. No more buying things directly like a normal person, only gambling now! "It's only cosmetic. :-) You aren't forced to buy them. :-)" Yeah okay I guess aesthetics don't matter in the game that prides itself on player customization so much that they got The Onion to do a parody piece on it, totes believeable. :p You point me to the place in the Crown Store where I can purchase the cool mounts directly and I'll hop right over.

There are some real cool mounts in the Crown Store that aren't gated behind crates.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if they're so worthless then what's the problem? :smile:
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »

There are some real cool mounts in the Crown Store that aren't gated behind crates.

Slight hyperbole on my part, but it's very clear that's the direction they're going. In any case, there should be exactly zero things only available in gambling boxes. If people really want to take the risk and gamble then there's nothing illegal about it, it's just reprehensible that a company would do that when they already have a working cash shop.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The consumables in the crown store aren't as good as the craftable stuff.
    And the ones that are similar, aren't worth the money to buy.