The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

BIS

ryra4
ryra4
Hi, with the new update coming, whats the new bis for a templar healer? Is spc and aeither still good?

Also for a magica templar dps?

Thanks!
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Bump
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aether is not bis anymore as the 5 piece bonus is completely wasted with upcoming changes. Wall of lightning also gives minor vulnerability, same as the 5 piece bonus. I'd say worm+spc is bis if most of your dds are mag dd.
    For a magplar dps grothdar+moondancer+bsw is bis imo with the upcoming changes.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Would a vma lightening staff work? Or would flame be better?
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    For jabs, jesus beam and blazing spears dw is outperforming both lightning and inferno staffs in pts. So I'd still use dw on mainbar. You can use lightning or flame on backbar. As wall of lightning will provide minor vulnerability I'd use lightning over fire in unorganized pubs or dungeons. Flame in organized trials as most likely a healer would run wall of lightning from now on.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Would mothers sorrow still be any good for dps? Using with bsw?
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to use 5spc 5worm 2rkugamez and 1vma resto, with the addition of minormagickasteal it means that I will just use restore staff Magicka steal because that also gives life steal now too. Btw life steal change on that is a nice buff.

So it means I can run 5spc on a dw jab bar which has a very high uptime if I just slot my hots on my resto bar.

Farming out spc swords is a massive pain though.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Can the spc swords come out of the chests you use those embers on?
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    technically, but honestly I've never seen one in existence, I've only heard rumors. Did get a precise dagger, so I think it should be possible.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zlater wrote: »
    I'm going to use 5spc 5worm 2rkugamez and 1vma resto, with the addition of minormagickasteal it means that I will just use restore staff Magicka steal because that also gives life steal now too. Btw life steal change on that is a nice buff.

So it means I can run 5spc on a dw jab bar which has a very high uptime if I just slot my hots on my resto bar.

drop Repentance and remorph to Radiant Aura...will be best Magicka Steal skill in game

if you are looking for a Life Steal you can revive the old Blood Altar skill (either morph you choose what suits your needs)

try going with a vDSA Resto staff if you are wanting to provide stamina to your group...but everyone will tell you that groups are mostly full of Magicka these days anyway (you've still got Blazing Spear for some stam returns if needs be)
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

drop Repentance and remorph to Radiant Aura...will be best Magicka Steal skill in game

if you are looking for a Life Steal you can revive the old Blood Altar skill (either morph you choose what suits your needs)

try going with a vDSA Resto staff if you are wanting to provide stamina to your group...but everyone will tell you that groups are mostly full of Magicka these days anyway (you've still got Blazing Spear for some stam returns if needs be)

You get magicka steal with repent as well, Radiant Aura just increases the radius. Radiant Aura will definitely be required for trials. However, if you only do solo or 4man dungeons I would keep repent.

• SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    souravami wrote: »
    Aether is not bis anymore as the 5 piece bonus is completely wasted with upcoming changes. Wall of lightning also gives minor vulnerability, same as the 5 piece bonus. I'd say worm+spc is bis if most of your dds are mag dd.
    For a magplar dps grothdar+moondancer+bsw is bis imo with the upcoming changes.

Ive heard that lightning staff made IA pointless. Is this absolutely confirmed and working as intended? I just want to make sure it has as good of an uptime/ reliability and what not.

It would be almost too perfect to drop elemental drain since its not needed anymore with radiant aura and just slot wall of elements with a lightning staff.
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic. what skills will give magicka steal? and is good sustain still possible in trials?
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempah wrote: »
    Off topic. what skills will give magicka steal? and is good sustain still possible in trials?

Templar Radiant Aura instant АОЕ with 21m radius, thats apply Minor Magicka Steal to all targets for 15 sec

Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit apply to single target for 24 and 20 sec, so skills become pretty much useless for trials, since two templars basically support all party, all other class healers become even less effective in compare to templars.

You cannot apply more then one Magicka Steal to one target and it have hard cooldown of 1 sec, before Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit can proc from different sources.

Changes on Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit are wrong, they need to keep older properties or rework both skills to be usefull again.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC @Alcast mentioned in his latest video that DW would still be best for templar with destro off bar.

As for healer, you'll want SPC-Worm, SPC-Twilight or SPC-Amberplasm.

To be honest, with the removal of IA as a required set for templar healers there's a multitude of options for the second set, even including monster sets if you were so inclined. If your group requires wearing Twilight and worm then options are a bit limited, but otherwise it's a promising time of finding out what's the new BIS.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

You get magicka steal with repent as well, Radiant Aura just increases the radius. Radiant Aura will definitely be required for trials. However, if you only do solo or 4man dungeons I would keep repent.

I'm still waiting to see whats going to happen here, like radiant aura is all shiny and fashionable, but in most runs of anything I still get a lot of stam DD's. How ever I haven't had the pleasure of trying out doing any runs on the pts yet. TBH I think I will run with radiant though, it looks really sexy.
    Junipus wrote: »
    IIRC @Alcast mentioned in his latest video that DW would still be best for templar with destro off bar.

As for healer, you'll want SPC-Worm, SPC-Twilight or SPC-Amberplasm.

To be honest, with the removal of IA as a required set for templar healers there's a multitude of options for the second set, even including monster sets if you were so inclined. If your group requires wearing Twilight and worm then options are a bit limited, but otherwise it's a promising time of finding out what's the new BIS.

Why did you mention amberplasm? I don't have any problems with sustain on live and I definitely don't think there will be any problems on homestead either?

I think you can run just 2 and 2, but why not fit in Rkugamz if you can without any extra cost?

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has any one testet the uptime of the buff from a lightning staff and has correct numbers?
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is saying that IA is out of favor, but has anyone actually tested it?

IA is so easy to keep 100% uptime. I highly doubt that the sacrifices necessary to keep up the debuff from Concussion will be better than just keep one healer with IA as we have right now.

I really wouldn't count IA out of the picture yet, unless someone actually test and show proof that the debuff will be mostly up from other sources.
  • Nefaras
    Nefaras
    ✭✭✭
    And what would be bis for a stamina dk ? oh....wait........race change and going magika right?

enough trolling , twice born star is out i think , so what is the new bis for the stamina dk dude ? =)
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »
    IA is so easy to keep 100% uptime. I highly doubt that the sacrifices necessary to keep up the debuff from Concussion will be better than just keep one healer with IA as we have right now.

Well, IA need now a fully charged heavy attack in order to proc the debuff, so it's not as easier as before. On the other side, a lightning enchant on a charged destro staff proc it at 80%.
    We don't now yet the best way to apply minor vulnerability. But IA has been heavily nerfed, you need more or less 3 second o proc minor vulnerability, against less than one second at the moment.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

Well, IA need now a fully charged heavy attack in order to proc the debuff, so it's not as easier as before. On the other side, a lightning enchant on a charged destro staff proc it at 80%.
    We don't now yet the best way to apply minor vulnerability. But IA has been heavily nerfed, you need more or less 3 second o proc minor vulnerability, against less than one second at the moment.

That is on the patch notes, but I've seem people saying around here that IA still procs on every tick of a channeled HA from Resto and Lightning... It would be great to confirm.

Also, that 80% number just looks a little bit too high... Is that a number from a "normal" DPS with a sharpened staff or does it require Charged staff, Shock Glyphs and such to proc at this rate?

I play on consoles, so I don't have access to the PTS and Combat Metrics.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shock glyph : 20% to apply concussion.
    Destruction staff passive : 100% more chance to apply effects like concussion (so 40%).
    Charged trait gold : 100% more chance to apply effects like concussion (so 80%).

And I just tested IA with a lightning staff, I can indeed proc minor vulnerability with the first tick of my channel. The HA damage bonus, on the other hand, was not applied.
    So IA seem to still be one of the best source of minor vulnerability, but the IA heavy lightning attack got a huge nerf.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Shock glyph : 20% to apply concussion.
    Destruction staff passive : 100% more chance to apply effects like concussion (so 40%).
    Charged trait gold : 100% more chance to apply effects like concussion (so 80%).

And I just tested IA with a lightning staff, I can indeed proc minor vulnerability with the first tick of my channel. The HA damage bonus, on the other hand, was not applied.
    So IA seem to still be one of the best source of minor vulnerability, but the IA heavy lightning attack got a huge nerf.

Yeah, but you have only a 20% chance to apply the enchantment in the first place, and the, IF this happens, another 20% chance to apply the effect. That is why that number seems odd to me. It is not even close that high.

And, also, you are counting a Charged staff here. I don't know the numbers, but I would bet money that the general DPS loss from one or two DPSs not using Sharpened will far far outweight the possibilty of one healer not wearing IA. It is just too much trouble, too much lost DPS for a uptime that won't ever be as high as the current setup.

I'm still not convinced that Infallible will not still be BiS for healers in trials in the next patch.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on January 26, 2017 3:46PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but you have only a 20% chance to apply the enchantment in the first place, and the, IF this happens, another 20% chance to apply the effect. That is why that number seems odd to me. It is not even close that high.

And, also, you are counting a Charged staff here. I don't know the numbers, but I would bet money that the general DPS loss from one or two DPSs not using Sharpened will far far outweight the possibilty of one healer not wearing IA. It is just too much trouble, too much lost DPS for a uptime that won't ever be as high as the current setup.

Poisons have a 20% chance to proc, but enchantment have 100% each 5 second, if I remember.
    And I'm speaking about a healer with a charged destro staff, I agree that on a dps it's a pure dps loss.
    It's a tradeoff : you get a new 5 cp set, but with minor vulnerability only on one target and not 100% chance (even if you're close). I don't know which one is the best, we need more tests (on the live server, with some real raids) to be sure.