The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The Revenge of the Ball Groups (because attack of the ball groups was terrible)

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Prox det should of never been nerfed. It was the one skill used to control Zerg balls and it was gutted

The only time when it was only used against blobs and not by them was back when it was a casttimeability.

I never said it was only against blobs. I said it was the one skill used to control zerg balls and it was.

Think back when Tether/Det was going on..After a solid month of bombing like that you realize how hard it became to actually find groups stacking and or players in general stacking up?

Stacking is still dangerous don't get me wrong, But it was a hell of a lot more dangerous when Det/Tether from a Single Bombing nightblade could wipe your group in a split second.

Now a days no one really even slots Prox Det anymore..Because the damage is absolutely *** poor for everything but hitting 10 people..and even then those 10 people take less damage then they did before the Nerf.

The problem with Prox Det was it was to powerful in 1v1 fights, Or basically when only hitting 1 person...It should of never been gutted in damage past 5 people.

As someone who led raids in both patches, EoTS is far more deadly to stacks than Prox/Tether ever was.

I keep trying to tell people, ball groups aren't a problem at all this patch. 2 offensive ults can easily wipe 12 people in a choke without even being full damage spec

A well built ball group is made up of 30%-50℅ magplars, even with two high damage bombers it can be difficult to wipe a group like that. What I liked about soul thether/proxy was it was instant burst damage. There was no way a group could react to it

You only need 1 kill and no amount of BoL spam is gonna save them. Dat major brutality, tho.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Prox det should of never been nerfed. It was the one skill used to control Zerg balls and it was gutted

The only time when it was only used against blobs and not by them was back when it was a casttimeability.

I never said it was only against blobs. I said it was the one skill used to control zerg balls and it was.

Think back when Tether/Det was going on..After a solid month of bombing like that you realize how hard it became to actually find groups stacking and or players in general stacking up?

Stacking is still dangerous don't get me wrong, But it was a hell of a lot more dangerous when Det/Tether from a Single Bombing nightblade could wipe your group in a split second.

Now a days no one really even slots Prox Det anymore..Because the damage is absolutely *** poor for everything but hitting 10 people..and even then those 10 people take less damage then they did before the Nerf.

The problem with Prox Det was it was to powerful in 1v1 fights, Or basically when only hitting 1 person...It should of never been gutted in damage past 5 people.

As someone who led raids in both patches, EoTS is far more deadly to stacks than Prox/Tether ever was.

I keep trying to tell people, ball groups aren't a problem at all this patch. 2 offensive ults can easily wipe 12 people in a choke without even being full damage spec

A well built ball group is made up of 30%-50℅ magplars, even with two high damage bombers it can be difficult to wipe a group like that. What I liked about soul thether/proxy was it was instant burst damage. There was no way a group could react to it

You only need 1 kill and no amount of BoL spam is gonna save them. Dat major brutality, tho.

Yes most of the time If I'm solo I can't even get that 1 kill off it's too many templars lol. If me and my friend use it together we may can maybe get a kill but most of the time the ball groups just heal through it. It's really effective against zergs though we wiped like 20 people at the glademist lumber mill. With the destro ultimate I feel it's really strong if you have support like some one with roots and a healer to keep you alive, but proxy/tether was better for a solo player because it didn't need support to be effective
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still to this day don't understand why they took away the ability to use purge or rapids on players you are not grouped with in the thieves guild patch. It was a massive nerf to pugs, casuals, new players and solo players who are just trying to help their faction at an objective. I thought Rich Lambert wanted to make the game more enjoyable for these types of people?

One of the most mind-boggling changes theyve ever made. Think they were hoping it would reduce the lag or something?