The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestion: Make campaign scoring dependent on population ratio every hour

Tendrielle
Tendrielle
✭✭✭
Just had this idea: make the scoring tick dependent on the ratio of your faction's campaign population to the two enemy faction's population.
So if the population is not even, if you have like 50 players, enemies have 5 each (together 10) at the scoring hour, you would get less (while they would get maybe more) for every scroll, keep and resource. How much less (and if and how much more) would need to be finetuned.
This way, soloing a campaign with a full raid while no opponents are there is much less rewarding.
People would automatically prefer to choose campaigns with enemies on them for some real fighting.
(You would need to take out the IC population, though, unless scoring there is integrated into the campaign scoring one day.)
The current penalty (or bonus) would need to be displayed prominently somewhere.

The under population bonus currently existing hits in much too late and slow and is no alternative to such a flexible mechanism.

Edited by Tendrielle on January 20, 2017 10:37AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (You would need to take out the IC population, though, unless scoring there is integrated into the campaign scoring one day.)

This needed to happen from...well from IC launch day... :D
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, true. I keep my hopes up Cyrodiil will work as envisioned one day.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally i would prefer if ZOS implemented dynamic population caps that would prevent the 50 vs 5+5 scenario in the firstplace, but at this point i'll take anything that will stop the nightcapping.

Or just scrap the whole campaign scoring altogether. One side painting the whole map in their color without any opposition is bad enough, but rewarding them for it? Bah.