The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Housing] Why isn't there any actual "functionally" built in? (Suggestions)

• Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    I have another idea for how to do the housing storage. All houses will have a shared inventory, which you will be able to access from some your furniture.
    They will have builtin filters, chests will show all items, cupboards will only show your food, crates and boxes will show your furniture, armor and weapon stands will show your armor and weapons (which you will be able to equip to them form their inventory), you will be able to equip books to bookcases from their inventory...
    An npc will sell you inventory space for gold or crowns (like the npc who upgrades your bag space) and it will be gated behind your first house of each type (up to 10 for free room, 20 for your first appartment ...).
    Sorry for my English.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd buy a few cheap houses for teleportation in some places, and that seems ok to me. but it's really really hard to understand the point of building a furniture that doesn't work at all. 1 bag space in one piece of furniture would be enough to make it interesting and to plan a big house. but furniture with no storage space? who would want that? what's the point?

so... i can get 60 storage spaces with my horse, but ZERO with a house? what?

is that so hard to program something to give at least 60 spaces with one house?

this doesn't make any sense. it would be better to delay the release and try to fix it first. it's too ridiculous.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Style Altering they have sadly commented on this. They did a no go while coding how the game handles items, they can not just change the style entry of an items appearance, which is also why "convert to imperial style" only works on some things (it destroys the item and gives you a new one in the imperial style, which only works if such a thing exists, because they are all separate items, not "an item" with interchangeable style code.

Hrm, I have been hoping for this feature for awhile, I don't even care if it costs a lot of mats. It sucks to have even motif currently in game and wear gear that is all dropped!

That is a lot of items they need to 'make' though to replace dropped gear with any style you want if they go by the method you said.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't be silly

Im suprized people are suprized that housing is what it is.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without a doubt this is the most broken part of Housing.

Star Wars Galaxies had storage in your house.
    Dark Age of Camelot had storage in your house.

It's the Damn reason to have a freakin house!! "Didn't make the cut" says Lambert. We've paid untold amounts towards the cash shop for 100% markup on Vanity items, and the one thing we NEED after paying sometimes CASH for a house is too much for the team?

Enjoy the temporary position that there are no other MMO's currently worth playing. I know you obviously dont give a $%&.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    Skyrim had storage for your house. Granted, that wasn't an MMO, but still ...
    I'm betting they'd be able to give us storage chests that we can place in our houses, that can hold maybe 20 or so items per chest. That's really what I want the most. I don't just want more inventory space. I want another reason to go to my house. Right now, my house has a cooking fire and that's it. Since I've maxed my provisioning skill, there is literally almost no reason to go to my house at all except decorate and on a rare occasion make beer. B)

• Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the new norm for this generations business. Treat your customers like idiots, and 20% the Ca$h changes you want, so that they slide under the radar.

The Frog doesn't notice the slowly boiled pot. That's us...Frogs. So when housing eventually gets Inventory, you'll be paying for it.

Ironic that Crafting can have unlimited storage for ESO+ users, and all that used to be stored in Inventory and still can obviously. Yet Other Inventory items cannot be stored in a house. It's just a damn database column. We are all not stupid.
    Edited by Cronopoly on March 18, 2017 7:03PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its the new norm for this generations business. Treat your customers like idiots, and 20% the Ca$h changes you want, so that they slide under the radar.

The Frog doesn't notice the slowly boiled pot. That's us...Frogs. So when housing eventually gets Inventory, you'll be paying for it.

Ironic that Crafting can have unlimited storage for ESO+ users, and all that used to be stored in Inventory and still can obviously. Yet Other Inventory items cannot be stored in a house. It's just a damn database column. We are all not stupid.

Actually craftbag is optimized for a whole lot of a few itens. Literally thoussnds each of dozens of items.

Furnishing is a few, maybe dozens at most of thousands of different items. Thats a different animal.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Yeas
    I have very little understanding why vaults isnt in eso
    when we got a former mythic daoc guy Matt in the house??

_ I think vaults should be free not a + eso plus or crownstore must

I think storage in eso is soo hmpf I been in eve with unlimmited hangar space

not sure why people think it should take up soo much space on the servers ?

Maybe they they think its real items no its not the grafic is on the client on the server its just a binary code

Without a doubt this is the most broken part of Housing.

It's the Damn reason to have a freakin house!! "Didn't make the cut" says Lambert. We've paid untold amounts towards the cash shop for 100% markup on Vanity items, and the one thing we NEED after paying sometimes CASH for a house is too much for the team?

Enjoy the temporary position that there are no other MMO's currently worth playing. I know you obviously dont give a $%&.

• EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    Some sort of storage would be nice, it is a house after all. Armor and weapon stands are also a must. Why not give players who own the more expensive homes to have their own trader to sell their crafted goods.
    No Lollygagging.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Actually craftbag is optimized for a whole lot of a few itens. Literally thoussnds each of dozens of items.

Furnishing is a few, maybe dozens at most of thousands of different items. Thats a different animal.

I understand what you are saying but from a programming standpoint. (I program C++) 1 new column in a database of a 2 byte length in binary would be able to describe 65,536 separate items.

BTW all items in the game get "serialized" in this fashion which make it easy to send item information to all parts of the (Client/Server/Database) system.

That the items are already in the game, means they are already serialized in the game engine of course across all facets. Again a new database column to depict a filter for (Item resides in a "housing Inventory box (1-10)" is stupidly simple.

This is not computationally hard at all, it's actually a decision ZOS is making, and likely (future revenue generating) if my Nostradamus skills are still working. ;)

Edited by Cronopoly on March 20, 2017 10:58AM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Firstly: They have crafting stations, and more importantly, ATTUNABLE crafting stations - as well as the crafting dummy. Oh and free teleportation (which i disagree with). So they DO have functionality. Not to mention that for many people, just being able to decorate their own house is functionality, and the housing editor is very flexible - better than any of the previous elder scrolls (or even fallout) games.

Storage: I suspect they want to make each chest/wardrobe a separate storage container - which wouldn't work like the bank does. Plus, think about how much storage that will take up on ESO servers. I don't think that this is easy, but I think they are working on it - because if those two things weren't true, they WOULD have done it.

Mannequins/ArmourRacks: these should have been there.

Bookshelves: you CAN place books from shalidor's library if you've found the full set. (They dont give mages guild exp though, and IMO, they shouldn;t.)

Style Altering: This is an entirely different thing that should be global to all crafting stations, not just houses.

Stable Masters: They could do this. They would be sold on the crown store so wouldn't affect profits of Horse Riding Lessons. It's a good idea, and they might implement it with a crown store update.

Botany/Wells/Fishing etc: A gardening system is something they have planned for the future. This is the first stage of housing, it will improve over time.

Clothing Crafting: I would like this as well, but... costumes exist. And that's reasonable, Costumes are the least objectionable items on the crowns store, and ZOS needs to make money somehow.

Storage wouldn't take a lot on their servers...come on...most ridiculous thing I have heard.

Really? Servers are kinda sketchy already. As stated most people haven't even utilized all their storage options yet. While it would be nice I can see why it isn't there yet. Other functions are there if you are creative enough to use them. Instanced dueling, crafting stations and such. One of my guild mates put one of every crafting station in the game in Daggerfall Overlook, making master writs a breeze.