The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

124 Writ Vouchers for one Master Write? this has to be a bug

obscure7
obscure7
✭✭✭✭
For those of you that care, here are some rudimentary statistics on my master writ returns (yes I know it is a small sample size):

Master Writs Returned:
Beast Mode Crafter (9 traits, all motifs, all achievements): 7/30
3 Normal Crafters (minimal traits, minimal motifs, average achievements on consumables): 0/75

Here are 5/7 of the master writs i collected:
ayw2d2g0uq4i.png

The other 2/7 writs were:
Shalidor's Curse Shield, Reinforced, Malacath style, Epic, unknown voucher reward
Morkuldin Pauldron, Nirnhoned, Khajiit style, Epic, unknown voucher reward

the voucher rewards are unknown because I failed to get a screenshot of the Master writ because the stupid system auto-starts the quest for you and you have to click "goodbye" to retain the writ in your inventory to be able to transfer/trade it.

So, I want to ask people if my eyes are deceiving me when I see 124 writ vouchers as a reward. Is there some obscure multiplier at work where Nirnhoned + Legendary = Some Crazy Voucher Reward? If so, it is stupid and shouldn't exist. I can craft Nirnhoned easily and/or Legendary easily without some weird difficulty multiplier.

We do not need to hope for some stupid crazy combination of RNG to reward us with a literally 50x or 10x multiplier to writ voucher rewards when the difficulty of crafting the item is barely harder and the cost isn't close to that multiplier.
PC NA
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that is a shame
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clever Alchemist requires 7 traits so, while not as hard as 9 traits, it still limits the characters who can do it. Plus Nirnhoned and Legendary. While you personally might have stacks of those most people do not have them stacked around and they are also quite rare. Glass style too plus malachite. I guess these all added up. It is also in a DLC area so who knows, maybe that factors in too.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Erik_Darksinger
    Erik_Darksinger
    ✭✭✭

I am guessing it is a typo and should read 12 or 14 Writ Vouchers. If you turn it in as completed, check to see how many Vouchers you get. I am betting you will get either 12 or 14.
    Damian Du'Bois - Breton Nightblade
    Erik Darksinger - Nord Nightblade
    Gabriella Gautier-Du'Bois - Breton Sorcerer
    Jaysun Blackheart - Redguard Nightblade
    Markul the Butcher - Orc Nightblade
    Markus Gautier - Imperial Nightblade
    Variius Indoril - Dunmer Warden[/center
    Ebonheart Pact - PC/NA
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my master writs with a template are returning one voucher per writ - even from legendary gear.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone was collecting master writ data (I can't find the post now of course) and had one writ returning 294 vouchers. I believe it was a Nirnhoned Legengary Yokudan/Akaviri item. On the other hand, there were some Legendary items that only returned 2 or 3 vouchers.

I think there should be a "good" return for expensive master writs involving Ninhoned or Legendary items but exactly how good remains to be seen. It somewhat depends on how expensive the items we buy with vouchers are going to be.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone was collecting master writ data (I can't find the post now of course) and had one writ returning 294 vouchers. I believe it was a Nirnhoned Legengary Yokudan/Akaviri item. On the other hand, there were some Legendary items that only returned 2 or 3 vouchers.

I think there should be a "good" return for expensive master writs involving Ninhoned or Legendary items but exactly how good remains to be seen. It somewhat depends on how expensive the items we buy with vouchers are going to be.

Someone got 294 vouchers from a single writ? Lol that's gotta be a bug. But I agree that I do hope the more difficult expensive writs grant a larger reward of vouchers.
  • obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way it currently works (if it stays like this) is that crafters will be hoping for that huge payday writ that gives 124 or 294 vouchers instead of the measly amount of 2 that are available for "base" writs. I mean, why even bother with the small ones when the large ones offer huge rewards compared to difficulty and/or cost? Even the ones that offer 10 vouchers seem paltry in comparison.

Oh, also, I'm not going to complete the writs until they fix the 1 voucher reward per writ problem that exists right now. I'm not sure if they did it on purpose to obfuscate the process a bit, or if it is a genuine bug.
    Edited by obscure7 on January 8, 2017 6:52PM
    PC NA
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    124 sounds right if you're having to put together a legendary item period, let alone one with the Nirnhoned trait. In my opinion, it's the legendary shield that's bugged at only 10 voucher reward. Legendary should always be an enormous reward multiplier/addition given how dang expensive the materials are, even Rosin (the most underutilized legendary upgrade mat).
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @obscure7 Per the Patch Notes:
    Crafting & Economy
    Master Writs
    All Master Writs currently award a single voucher when completed instead of the expected amount. To account for this issue, the Master Writ Vendor is currently selling everything for one voucher each.
    In rare cases, it is possible to receive an Alchemy Master Writ that requires an impossible combination of effects.
    Alchemy Master Writs that require poisons cannot currently be completed.
    Sealed Provisioning Master Writs do not indicate all of the items that need to be crafted to complete them. Once accepted, the associated quest correctly lists all of the requirements.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    124 sounds right if you're having to put together a legendary item period, let alone one with the Nirnhoned trait. In my opinion, it's the legendary shield that's bugged at only 10 voucher reward. Legendary should always be an enormous reward multiplier/addition given how dang expensive the materials are, even Rosin (the most underutilized legendary upgrade mat).

I agree the legendary material writs should give more vouchers, but the number they should drop depends on prices from the merchant.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am okay with this since you have to craft it legendary. The average player doesn't have a ton of dreugh wax to throw away. Would be even worse if it required Tempers.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 8, 2017 7:42PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's impossible to know if 10 or 110 writ vouchers is a good reward until we know what items will cost from the voucher vendors. I just have a bad feeling about using precious resources like nirnhone (almost worthless as a trait, but hard to come by) and legendary mats. The rewards from these writs need to reflect their in-game cost. Otherwise, master writs are a boondoggle to get away with selling more items from the crown store.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that regardless of the traits needed for a set, you can only claim master writs if you hare a 9 trait crafter. I may have misread.

Either way, that 124 voucher writ requires nirnhoned and glass style, which are two rarer components. Clever alchemist is also a DLC area.

I feel like we can't rightfully evaluate the master writ system without knowing how many vouchers everything will take.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy writ gives 2 vouchers and cost about 1 K to fulfill at most.
    Legendary crafting even clothier would cost 60-70 K to fulfill so 124 vouchers sounds pretty reasonable.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purpose of this game now:
    1. Grind
    2. Time sink
    3. Gold sink
    4. Get frustrated so you spend real money to reduce time and gold sink

Remember when ZOS was in the content buisiness? Back when we payed money and a subscription for high quality and consistent content?

Now it feels like I'm playing some mobile game where you pay for convenience.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Template characters come with several mails of Master Writs. I don't remember offhand which of the many boxes they are in, but it's fairly obviously labelled as something to do with Master Writ Crafting. I was planning to type up a spreadsheet to show the writs and the reward.

tl;dr version:
    Epic (purple) Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking gives 2-3 Writ Vouchers
    Provisioning/Enchanting/Alchemy gives 2 Writ Vouchers
    Legendary (gold) Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking gives 16-18 Writ Vouchers

Obviously the numbers vary depending on the exact set and style asked for.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purpose of this game now:
    1. Grind
    2. Time sink
    3. Gold sink
    4. Get frustrated so you spend real money to reduce time and gold sink

Remember when ZOS was in the content buisiness? Back when we payed money and a subscription for high quality and consistent content?

Now it feels like I'm playing some mobile game where you pay for convenience.

Remember also how this game had little reward, inconsistent stats, no reason to play for long time, and felt like a pvp mmo with poor limited PvE that progressively gotten worst for both aspects thanks to balance changes and lag. Funny thing ESO had grind, time sinks, and gold back then too.Remember Vet ranks.Except back then there was no reward for doing them. Also when you got frustrated from dealing with them, you stop paying the sub and started to play other games. In all aspects the game pretty much the same. The only difference now it feels more like a RPG wiith MMO aspects that now I have a choice to not to give them anymore of my money and still can play the game.
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    I've only accomplished one Master Writ and that required me to craft an Epic, Truly Superb Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught. I received 13 Writ Vouchers for it.
    "How DARE you betray me, Tharn!
    Your suffering shall be LEGENDRY!"
    --The King of Worms
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's like complaining about being too good-looking or too rich. LOL. :p

The few master writs I've gotten have given me either 2 or 5 vouchers. That's it. I still haven't gotten enough to even buy the cheapest thing in that dude's inventory. My house still has no crafting stations. Apparently it's going to be a long, long time until I get even one.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    That's like complaining about being too good-looking or too rich. LOL. :p

The few master writs I've gotten have given me either 2 or 5 vouchers. That's it. I still haven't gotten enough to even buy the cheapest thing in that dude's inventory. My house still has no crafting stations. Apparently it's going to be a long, long time until I get even one.

Indeed, the chance for a Master Writ, regardless of crafting mastery. is abysmally low.

It has been my experience that my alts with little to no research/motif knowledge/crafting achievements receive Master Writs at the same rate as my master crafter. Only low end alchemy and enchanting ones, mind you, but they average about two a week for 4 characters that can do all 3 of the consumable writs. So, 2 out of 84, maybe none. For 2-5 vouchers.

My master crafter has all but 2 motifs learned, only a couple more research traits to go, and all but the furnishing recipe total achievements completed. If this character gets one Master Writ a week, it's a lot, and usually it's an enchanting one for 2 vouchers, with the record being 12 (enchanting again). So, 1 out of 42, maybe none. For usually 2-5 vouchers.

If it were not for other players selling what they don't want to make, or alts, it would take 150 weeks to just get the Ebony Motif. Working as intended? Honestly?!

I don't believe the system is working as is stipulated; master crafters, who can actually make the more complex writs and would be the ones actually sought out by specialty clients (if we're going to be immersive here), are not receiving these at any higher a clip than anyone else with lower crafting mastery (again, this has been my experience over the past 6+ weeks).

Also, I don't think the system correctly recognizes the value of a writ based on the time/ effort required to make an item; for example, I received a Blacksmithing Master Writ for Way of the Arena, Soul-Shriven, Nirnhoned, Rubedite Belt, Epic, worth 5! vouchers. Lolwut? Is there no provision for the length of time to acquire Soul-Shriven (completing Cadwell's Silver), researching 8 traits (not to mention researching the nirnhoned, where even if you buy it from another player, costs a bit), not to mention the cost of the materials in relation to:

The Clothing Master Writ I saw posted in chat from another player; Ashen Grip (2 traits?), Khajiit, Infused, Rubedo Leather Helm, Legendary, that was worth 84 vouchers?! I get that the legendary tempers are more expensive, but we're talking about one more skill point and the difference in gold for the tempers can be made up much quicker than researching 8 traits (4+months) and completing two alliance quest lines and the main quest. There needs to be a better understanding of item value in the program's assessment. It cannot only be governed by, Is it Epic? Is it Legendary?
    Edited by Morimizo on March 20, 2017 4:03AM