The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Armor will be twice as strong in Cyrodil

austinwalter87ub17_ESO
austinwalter87ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Because the proc set changes only cut their damage in half due to the inability to crit. This does nothing to change the heavy armor meta. This just means that if you want crazy survivability that heavy armor will become twice as valuable/potent.
PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
Templar Extraordinaire
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Not ideal, but anything that helps get rid of the long standing gank meta I'm fine with. Anything that makes people actually spend time fighting if they wish to engage an enemy, rather than just insta-gib is a step in the right direction. Let's return to real fights that take some skill.
    But yes, some tank builds are insane. But those guys I can just walk away from because they can't kill me either.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cool thing is about those super tanky builds is that they can really help their group mates by absorbing all the damage. A good tank can really help out in a big fight.

So they also have purpose too, despite them hitting like a tissue. Which is why I am looking into making tanks, it sounds like it could be fun in pvp /small scale

• austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyteshade wrote: »
    Not ideal, but anything that helps get rid of the long standing gank meta I'm fine with. Anything that makes people actually spend time fighting if they wish to engage an enemy, rather than just insta-gib is a step in the right direction. Let's return to real fights that take some skill.
    But yes, some tank builds are insane. But those guys I can just walk away from because they can't kill me either.

I agree that slowing the PVP down so fights don't start and end within 2 or 3 seconds is a huge plus. But, on a skill/class system which thrives on some level of customization. The changes are not adequate enough to prevent the heavy armor meta.

A light armor user will still get instant killed even with Impen.

One Tamriel proc sets caused more damage to balance than people realize.

They're going to have to go through each gear set individually and reduce/alter them in specific ways. Blanket damage nerfs will never achieve balance without completely gutting many of the new sets entirely. Thus, gear variety will be even less than now.
    Edited by austinwalter87ub17_ESO on January 5, 2017 9:33PM
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not everyone in Cyrodiil that is wearing heavy armor is a tank.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree that slowing the PVP down so fights don't start and end within 2 or 3 seconds is a huge plus. But, on a skill/class system which thrives on some level of customization. The changes are not adequate enough to prevent the heavy armor meta.

A light armor user will still get instant killed even with Impen.

One Tamriel proc sets caused more damage to balance than people realize.

They're going to have to go through each gear set individually and reduce/alter them in specific ways. Blanket damage nerfs will never achieve balance without completely gutting many of the new sets entirely. Thus, gear variety will be even less than now.

I go 5-1-1 light and only time I ever get ganked is off my horse and I don't even run radiant magelight. You can be tanky in light armor with the right set up.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember the days people made fun of me because I brought my tank into pvp :(
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cool thing is about those super tanky builds is that they can really help their group mates by absorbing all the damage. A good tank can really help out in a big fight.

So they also have purpose too, despite them hitting like a tissue. Which is why I am looking into making tanks, it sounds like it could be fun in pvp /small scale

I always get a kick out of the tanks that feel like they absolutely need to prove they're a tank and go charging into the enemy front line (away from their own group)...

sure, it might take 10 players to take em down...not sure though what's so fun about playing a pin cushion...

as a tactical group tactic though - yeah tanks can definitely turn the tide of a fight, more so if they're doing it in a "blazing" fashion...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I always get a kick out of the tanks that feel like they absolutely need to prove they're a tank and go charging into the enemy front line (away from their own group)...

sure, it might take 10 players to take em down...not sure though what's so fun about playing a pin cushion...

as a tactical group tactic though - yeah tanks can definitely turn the tide of a fight, more so if they're doing it in a "blazing" fashion...

Fun story geonsocal,

I was farming Bleakers with Yellows last night all by my lone some. And I was just moving along when I see a Blazing Shield Templar hanging out around a tree with attackers.

First thing I do is heal the guy then I stack my healer on top of him so his attackers in their efforts to hit me, hit him. :D:D This went on for about 20 minutes where they could not kill us both. We just ran around the tree Line of Sighting beams and Lethal Arrows and he was dropping people after a few minutes of fighting.

One guy 1 shot himself with EoTS. :D:D

It took 2 MagBlades doing EoTS on top of us to kill us both.

Probably the most fun I had hanging out with a Blazing Shield Templar tank.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 5, 2017 10:08PM
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a Black Rose/Desert Rose PvP healer. 5 heavy 2 light.

It will remain that way because now velidreth and Selenes won't take 50%+ my HP
    Edited by austinwalter87ub17_ESO on January 5, 2017 10:27PM
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I do this sometimes. But I use it as a means to stop up a group of players so that the NBs and Sorcs can burn them down while theyre so focused on me.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Not everyone in Cyrodiil that is wearing heavy armor is a tank.

Painting racing stripes on an M1 Abrams and letting a mariachi band drive it into battle, doesn't mean it's not a tank.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah these ice/s&b healbots wearing

2x malubeth
    5x reactive or Black rose
    5x dessert rose are going to be very fun fight against.

Even better if theres a few of them and they cross heal eachother.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is strictly stronger than LA/MA for most classes/specs anyway
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record I am not stating that heavy armor needs a nerf. The issue is much greater than that. Due to the introduction of a lot of these new sets extremely high DPS can be achieved wearing any armor type. In PVP, people moved to Heavy Armor out of necessity. You simply cannot survive for long without it.

Heavy armor is a symptom of the cause.
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the days people made fun of me because I brought my tank into pvp :(

we all have our day in the sun, and our day in the shade.
    Congratulations, You day in the sun is about the hit! Grab your Tank and meet us out in Cryodiil.
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the net damage reduction will create incentive to wear light and medium armour again. Maybe that was the idea. I think the main causes that allow heavy armour builds to do so much damage are the crits on the proc sets and array of heavy dps sets. Theres too many dps heavy armour sets and not enough tanking sets (craftable or drops). I'm talking from the perspective of a support style player though. I only play healers and tanks. In that respect i'd like to see the dynamics of PVP change so that it's not just a dps race. Healers shouldn't have a 50% reduction on their abilities with the significant buff to overall damage and tanky builds shouldn't be able to do sooo much damage. The type of amour being worn should have a much more significant effect on incoming and outgoing damage. Each piece of heavy armour should reduce incoming and outgoing damage simultaneously in my opinion.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slowing the fights down is the opposite of what this game needs. The proc nerf didn't ruin the gank build -- go watch Sribes gank videos and tell me that an extra 5k dmg off his burst is going to actually stop that build from working. If you're a light target w/ under 25k health -- you're going to get oneshotted. The proc nerf hurt the 1vX builds the most -- and it's already next to impossible to 1vX more than 2 lucid players.

Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    Slowing the fights down is the opposite of what this game needs. The proc nerf didn't ruin the gank build -- go watch Sribes gank videos and tell me that an extra 5k dmg off his burst is going to actually stop that build from working. If you're a light target w/ under 25k health -- you're going to get oneshotted. The proc nerf hurt the 1vX builds the most -- and it's already next to impossible to 1vX more than 2 lucid players.

Dark Age of Camelot PVP was exceptionally better, and much slower. Matt Firor, was one of the devs to DAOC.

The only people whom like the super fast damage game play are those doing the damage. There is more than people who want to go out and have one shot contests.
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah these ice/s&b healbots wearing

2x malubeth
    5x reactive or Black rose
    5x dessert rose are going to be very fun fight against.

Even better if theres a few of them and they cross heal eachother.

7188597.jpg