Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furniture Crafting!

AdamBourke
AdamBourke
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone is complaining about the balance stuff in the patch notes - so i thought I'd add a more positive thread about the main part of the patch: Housing and Furniture!

I like that they've given multiple options for acquiring housing - and even more so for the furniture! The shadowy supplier and fishing methods were a nice touch - although hopefully @ZOS_GinaBruno can let us know which options we need to choose to get the furniture from remains-silent!

Looking forwards to all the new craftingy things! Will there be new passives required to let us use legendary plans? What do people think of the furniture crafting (and other sources?). What are you going to build first?
PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture crafting looked good at first. But after reading the whole section IMHO it is a whole new grind and storage space requirement.

1. A whole new grind for "master writs", and new harvest-able items needed to craft.
    2. A whole new "currency" for furniture crafting or did I miss understand "writ vouchers"
    3. Possibly needing items below and above your level to do the new writs, (this maybe be costly as you only can harvest items at your level)
    4. Needing to know the motif of certain race to craft certain items (may increase motif prices)

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to buy my furniture at Jerome's and avoid glitzy showroom prices.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it true that a character will need to have multiple professions leveled up to craft furniture items?
    Like you will need one character that has woodworking, metal smith and clothing?
    Have any idea what the level requirements will be?
    Edited by Myyth on January 4, 2017 5:51PM
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Furniture crafting looked good at first. But after reading the whole section IMHO it is a whole new grind and storage space requirement.

1. A whole new grind for "master writs", and new harvest-able items needed to craft.
    I don't mind the new items needed - I probably wouldn't have had the old ones anyway... It does look like it will require several items, which is interesting - more like provisioning than equipment-crafting.
    2. A whole new "currency" for furniture crafting or did I miss understand "writ vouchers"
    I don't really get this either - And I don't think you misunderstood. Still... ESO desperately needed a sixth currency! Right?
    3. Possibly needing items below and above your level to do the new writs, (this maybe be costly as you only can harvest items at your level)
    I thought nodes were now supposed to have a 50% chance of giving you your current level and the ore/plant/leather for that zone?
    4. Needing to know the motif of certain race to craft certain items (may increase motif prices)
    I think you misread this - they specifically said that you WONT need to know the motif, didn't they?

PS4 - EU

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    Is it true that a character will need to have multiple professions leveled up to craft furniture items?
    Like you will need one character that has woodworking, metal smith and clothing?

The patch notes gave an example of a canopy bed requiring rank 9 in the passive skill "woodworking", which is probably unlocked around level 45 or something. It wouldn't be surprising if for some things you will need level 50 in everything.
    PS4 - EU

• Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about furniture crafting. I mean cause my maincharacter is stamplar, and furniture crafting will propably be only thing he is able to succeed in.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    I'm excited about furniture crafting. I mean cause my maincharacter is stamplar, and furniture crafting will propably be only thing he is able to succeed in.

I'm glad to see that you are optimistically looking to take advantage of the changes to stamplar builds, by exploring a completely new playstyle!
    PS4 - EU

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. If you're a true master crafter and know every trait, every skill at 50 and most (or even all) of the motifs it sounds like you're gonna get fed crafting "recipes" at a really rapid pace. If not you won't. Seems like a good reward for everyone that slogged through to 9 traits in everything.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I thought nodes were now supposed to have a 50% chance of giving you your current level and the ore/plant/leather for that zone?

50% your character level, 50% your crafting level. So if you are a CP160 character with maxed out crafting, every node in the game will be CP160 mats. If you are a CP160 character who does no crafting, 50% of your nodes will be CP160 mats and 50% of your nodes will be Level 1 mats. There are no longer any materials associated with certain zones. It is completely character and skill point dependent. This makes it a hassle to farm "mid-tier" mats like cotton, ebony, mahagony, etc.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

50% your character level, 50% your crafting level. So if you are a CP160 character with maxed out crafting, every node in the game will be CP160 mats. If you are a CP160 character who does no crafting, 50% of your nodes will be CP160 mats and 50% of your nodes will be Level 1 mats. There are no longer any materials associated with certain zones. It is completely character and skill point dependent. This makes it a hassle to farm "mid-tier" mats like cotton, ebony, mahagony, etc.

That's annoying...
    PS4 - EU

• Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »

The patch notes gave an example of a canopy bed requiring rank 9 in the passive skill "woodworking", which is probably unlocked around level 45 or something. It wouldn't be surprising if for some things you will need level 50 in everything.

Ok I am worried because I divided crafting up between three characters. One wood worker, one clothier and one blacksmith. I do not have all three professions with traits on one character. I guess I might have to pick one character to do all the professions with if it will be required to make furniture. Which I don't really want to do but will if I have to.

Edited by Myyth on January 4, 2017 6:09PM
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS: we heard people hated RNG and wanted a currency based system to acquire things.

Derp 1: yeah! That's awesome!
    Derp 2: thank you! You saved me from gouging out my eyes in VMA!

ZoS: get crafting vouchers :trollface:

Derps: /wrists
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    ZoS: we heard people hated RNG and wanted a currency based system to acquire things.

wait, I somehow did not understand the new currency, what is it about? what is it for?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just this:

- different size doll houses
    - Limits to players being 24 as the max in a manor
    - Gold or crown sink
    - Mat sink

This housing thing is starting to be pointless unless you have $10 mil sitting around in the bank
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 4, 2017 7:05PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just this:

- different size doll houses
    - Limits to players being 24 as the max in a manor
    - Gold or crown sink
    - Mat sink

This housing thing is starting to be pointless unless you have $3 mil sitting around in the bank

I have a feeling that my "doll house" will be cluttered, just like the rooms that are mine in my house (meaning my library and my half of the walk in closet).
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fishing methods

Hmm? Can someone explain please? :smile:
    Esse quam videri.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Yinmaigao wrote: »

wait, I somehow did not understand the new currency, what is it about? what is it for?

Currency is for buying furniture crafting mats or patterns.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    fishing methods

Hmm? Can someone explain please? :smile:

When fishing, ocasionally you will hook a decoration instead of a useable fish. The example they gave was a starfish.
    PS4 - EU