Update 14 is now available to test. ALL CONTENT ON THE PTS IS CURRENTLY UNDER AN NDA. Please note that Morrowind and its contents are accessible only if you have received an invitation via email. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/338733/

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

ZOS_GinaBruno
This is the official feedback thread for Master Crafting Writs. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you receive any Master Crafting Writs from the regular Crafting Writs?
  • Was it easy to understand exactly what you were crafting?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭
    picked up an enchanting master writ on a template character... made the glyph 3 times, it didn't register, quest didn't progress
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Llogwey wrote: »
    Well I saw some writs ask for Nirnhoned trait, or very rare styles or 8/9 traits sets... but they only reward 1 voucher and all items cost 1 voucher at the vendor (maybe it's on purpose on the PTS server)

I don't know if the provided writs are very HARD on purpose and if there will be more "common" ones in live but so far it's hard to know how rare it is because everthing rewards 1 and everything costs 1...

They mentioned that they couldn't get the voucher reward quantities to work the way they wanted, so they just made everything reward 1 voucher and cost 1 voucher on PTS. It'll be different on live.

I agree that it is inconvenient to not know what the cost/reward situation is going to look like for realz.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer
    Linnea Heavy-Pockets - EP Nord Templar brawler
    Lollygags-Where-She-Likes - EP Argonian Templar healer
    Gurtha gra-Margaz - DC Orc Sorcerer stormflailer
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    What are the rewards?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    Community Ambassador
    Question: Is the knowledge of crown store exclusive motifs taken into account for chances at a master writ?

Follow up: Is it possible for the game to ask for something in a crown store exclusive style?

[edit] Found the answer (mostly). Knowledge of crown exclusive motifs don't get taken into account, so I assume it won't ask you for anything in those styles. - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3656134/#Comment_3656134
    Edited by MissBizz on January 4, 2017 10:41PM
    Lone Wolf Help
    For the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.
    PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord | WWW
  • nCats
    nCats
    Hello,

what is the generation mechanic of the Master Writs? Would it make sense to save some writ reward boxes now, and open them after the update drops, will they get ``updated/converted'' in U13?

Thank you.
  • sylvieanne
    sylvieanne
    ✭✭
    Like some others, I found a Master Crafter Writ in my woodworking writ box. It asked me to create:

Ruby Ash Frost Staff
    - Quality: Legendary
    - Trait: Charged
    - Set: Night's Silence
    - Style: Bandit

My current problem is that I don't exactly know which style / motif "Bandit" refers to. If I had to guess, I'd say one of the thieve's guild styles, but I don't think there's a motif called bandit (is there?) - so that's a little confusing for me. Trial and error determining which style ties with which motif would get expensive with legendary status.

I checked the Crown Store to see if it was a purchasable style and could not find it there, either. Guess I'm headed to Auridon to find the housing quest!
    Edited by sylvieanne on January 5, 2017 12:02AM
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭
    6 more max level writs on a template char with everything maxed - 0 master writs.
    That's now 30 max writs, 0 master writs.