The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hi Zen, is it possible to add the patch notes into the launcher?

Pixel_Zealot
Pixel_Zealot
✭✭✭✭
Where we currently have our NEWS tab, can't we add a Patch Notes Tab and keep everyone up to date with the latest Patch Notes?

I don't know about the rest of community, but I find it a little odd that we're constantly looking for Patch Notes, on forums and discussions, instead of simply reading the patch notes while the update is downloading in the launcher.

Thanks for your time.
Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?

Best Answer

• Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Great idea, to add to front page so consoles benefit too, so many players don't come here

I should know this since I play on Xbox but I don't think there is a link to the Patch Notes in the console launcher. TBH I can't see trying to read patch notes on my TV anyway. It would be much easier to pull up on a laptop or iPad.

I do like your idea generally about getting more players into the forums though.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
    Answer ✓
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy having notes in other games. Problem is....they have too many bugs and incorrect notes eac patch
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for them to move the launcher into the Bethesda.Net launcher...
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a link to the Patch Notes on the launcher already.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    There's a link to the Patch Notes on the launcher already.

I bet he means reading the patch notes right off the launcher. Im totally cool with that.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything in the PTS Patch notes will have a 100% Guarantee of being implemented onto the consoles (After the initial testing on the PTS servers to eliminate any possible bugs that may be lurking as well as balancing out a few kinks.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, to add to front page so consoles benefit too, so many players don't come here
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

A minority of the players actually know that these forums exist.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for them to move the launcher into the Bethesda.Net launcher...

Different companies, so why would they do this? Unless it has been stated somewhere.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where we currently have our NEWS tab, can't we add a Patch Notes Tab and keep everyone up to date with the latest Patch Notes?

I don't know about the rest of community, but I find it a little odd that we're constantly looking for Patch Notes, on forums and discussions, instead of simply reading the patch notes while the update is downloading in the launcher.

Thanks for your time.

I like this idea; make access to them more centralized and easy to get to. I've never been a big fan of digging into the forums to find specific natch pote information. Natch potes also lose meaning over time unless they are the most recent so it can become an archaeological dig to ascertain information historically.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    On xbox one they could give a link to the patch notes that redirect from the game to microsoft edge...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]mW6W2xl.png
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]mW6W2xl.png

This links to patch notes which aren't always there.

I mean always having patch notes as live text on the launcher in it's own tab.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your time.

That would be truly smart!

Or why not a Lore Book, that you always find either in your free player house, or the table in the Harborage? Or why not add it to the "Help" content? =D
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?