The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you guys ever going to provide a defense to God Beam?

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »
    It's not a CC. So just heal through it. If you die just to JB you're just bad.

... Serious?

Beam is the only execute i bother taking notice of if i'm abobe like 50% hp. Because if any other execute was being spammed at that hp value they i'd ignore them because it would do nothing.

However if it's beam they there is going to be a problem because all it takes is someone rando dmg to bring me to 50% or a cc and it's over.

Sounds like you need to play more defensively when your health gets low. I get beamed @ 20% all the time and I still live.

No you don't at that value the beam animation wouldn't even show, you'd die to fast.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »

... Serious?

Beam is the only execute i bother taking notice of if i'm abobe like 50% hp. Because if any other execute was being spammed at that hp value they i'd ignore them because it would do nothing.

However if it's beam they there is going to be a problem because all it takes is someone rando dmg to bring me to 50% or a cc and it's over.

Sounds like you need to play more defensively when your health gets low. I get beamed @ 20% all the time and I still live.

Flat out lie. Unless you're playing against people uding mix match gear they pick up from questing. Average health in PvP is 25k, 20℅ is 5k. If you get beamed there you're dead 99℅ of the time.

It needs a range nerf. If you want to execute me, you should have to be in the fight with me, not 30+m away.

28 meters. Besides, any execute at 25% or less should kill you in one hit.It is an execute. Above 25% sure it hits fine, but so long as I play defensively you will be alright.

What about impale, I don't have to be in your face to use that. What about poison injection, I don't have to be in your face for that. Poison injection ticks hard at low health too, plus I can keep hammering on you while it ticks.

Tell that to endless fury.

Impale is 15m range, also dodgeable and only works if your 25% or under.

Injection isn't a proper execute, it has an execute mechanic and can hit hard but only if it's on you and you dip below 25%, even then it's not a 100% kill at the point, it'll tick hard for like 4k but thats it.

Beam is 28m + 7/8m from battle spirit + 5m from reach passive.

so 40m or 41m.
    PS4 EU DC

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

... Serious?

Flat out lie. Unless you're playing against people uding mix match gear they pick up from questing. Average health in PvP is 25k, 20℅ is 5k. If you get beamed there you're dead 99℅ of the time.

It needs a range nerf. If you want to execute me, you should have to be in the fight with me, not 30+m away.

28 meters. Besides, any execute at 25% or less should kill you in one hit.It is an execute. Above 25% sure it hits fine, but so long as I play defensively you will be alright.

What about impale, I don't have to be in your face to use that. What about poison injection, I don't have to be in your face for that. Poison injection ticks hard at low health too, plus I can keep hammering on you while it ticks.

Tell that to endless fury.

Impale is 15m range, also dodgeable and only works if your 25% or under.

Injection isn't a proper execute, it has an execute mechanic and can hit hard but only if it's on you and you dip below 25%, even then it's not a 100% kill at the point, it'll tick hard for like 4k but thats it.

Beam is 28m + 7/8m from battle spirit + 5m from reach passive.

so 40m or 41m.

Ah yes battle spirit and passives I forgot. But the passives only kick in at keep.

That said, you can apply that to everything. So your range cc still hits from that far, same with injection etc.
    But battle spirit increases anything greater then 28m. Technically it is exactly 28m, so does it really effect anything at 28m?

Impale is 18m I'm pretty sure which means it can reach 22 meters near keep.

A 4k poison injection tick is nothing to shake your head at when I'm also pulling you with more attacks while it ticks. With Rd your locked in and can't use other attacks. Additionally, it starts scaling at 50%.

Also, I said any execute you get hit with below 25% SHOULD kill you. Any execute such as endless fury that does not should be looked at. Like I said it is an execute and should kill you. Just because other executes do their job right below 25% does not mean they should be nerfed. The others should be buffed.

Personally, I typically don't die to Rd unless I am at that execute threshold. From about 35% and lower I simply go defensive while anything higher is pretty easy to shrug off typically. Especially if you counter it properlly.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me be clear. I think some aspects of the ability should change. Perhaps a 22m range or 27m so battle spirit does not effect it. Also, los needs to be fixed on all the channeled abilities. Maybe don't allow channeled abilities to double dip. But this crazy nerf of the ability that many call for is over the top. It bothers me that people yell about no defense to it, but then don't use ranged cc or block or don't have proper mitigation or blame Rd when it was simply the killing blow after 5 people hammered on you. Too many people don't know how to play which results in over nerfs. Obviously this does not apply to you Lee Palmer. At least I assume based on your eso exposure ND time played. Never actually fought you I don't think.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me be clear. I think some aspects of the ability should change. Perhaps a 22m range or 27m so battle spirit does not effect it. Also, los needs to be fixed on all the channeled abilities. Maybe don't allow channeled abilities to double dip. But this crazy nerf of the ability that many call for is over the top. It bothers me that people yell about no defense to it, but then don't use ranged cc or block or don't have proper mitigation or blame Rd when it was simply the killing blow after 5 people hammered on you. Too many people don't know how to play which results in over nerfs. Obviously this does not apply to you Lee Palmer. At least I assume based on your eso exposure ND time played. Never actually fought you I don't think.

Only thing i think needs changing is range.

Maybe the double cp, but as long as people can't beam me from 40m away i'll be happy.
    PS4 EU DC

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Only thing i think needs changing is range.

Maybe the double cp, but as long as people can't beam me from 40m away i'll be happy.

Same here. Would like it to be the same as impale in all honesty. Doubt it will though.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really just get annoyed when it kills the crap out of me through Mist Form from the other end of the planet, but I'm about a hundred times more annoyed by gap closer snares ignoring Mist Form.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gets really old and boring when 98% of pvp'er using god beam and just sit at range and drain u of life and nothing you can do about it.
    Stam roll out often don't work, blocking don't work unless your a shield bearing player. Just my thoughts as a level 610 I am getting disgusted with the utter stupidity of this games mechanics. You guys create 10 million stun locks which cost enormous stam to break, only to have it reapplied over and over until you run out of stam, then get killed unable to fight back. What is the sense of trying to gain skill in using abilities and class. Only two things matter now. Stun and Stam.

Sorry, but this is a L2P issue.

If it's just one guy hitting you, cc him, block and heal, line of site, gap close and pressure etc.

One player spamming it is useless and shouldn't bother any skilled player unless they're in execute range.

If it's 4/5 people doing it, well what do you expect? If four people gap close me or hit me with any ability I'm probably going to die from that too.

Have you even been sniped at the same time by four different players?

Radiant is fine.

In fact, when I play my MagPlar I don't even use it as it makes me too vulnerable during the channel.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    Cloak, purge, ranged cc, gap closer/bash or cc, ranged interrupts, block, break Los, add health, increase points in cp relevant to reducing the damage, increase spell resistance, shields, heal.

I'm sure more I have forgot. Plenty of ways to defend against it.

This is mostly true, but there is problem with LoS, or maybe its lag related problem. Very often i LoS behind tree or rock, but beam does not break immediately, rather tick one or two more times.
    IMO it should be dodgable - every other execute in game is, right? And mostly, when you are gettign executed from 30+ metres, you cant bash, and blocking seems useless.

I think it's the same thing as negate. They lowered the server check response times so the client doesn't check the moment you leave negate but a second later making negate a meter or two larger than the tool tip. Same thing with Beams, it takes about a second or two of LOS which is far too long. It didn't help the lag either, neither did removing the deer. Look at miats addon, look at how much irrelevant crap our clients are tracking that will never be a part of our actual game experience.
    Edited by Armitas on January 3, 2017 11:26AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played magicka templar in pvp for about 2 years but haven't played her for a couple of months apart from the odd dungeon here and there, and I am just enjoying playing my sorcerer for the time being :blush: I am still trying to get used to playing something other than templar in pvp at the moment and yet I am having no trouble with RD... The main things that bother me are eye of the storm and stamina proctards 2 shotting me with their clothes, when at times, there is literally nothing that I can do to retaliate because sometimes I am dead before I even see them coming :lol:

With so many stupid things in pvp ruining the fun at the moment, I don't believe that RD is a big deal, at least not for me :blush: Heavy armour, Heals that make both magicka and stamina players go from 1-100% health in the blink of an eye, magicka DK's rooting me to the spot 100% of the time, ridiculous weapon ultimates and proc sets that can kill me in an instant are all far more of a fun spoiler in my humble opinion :blush:

Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭

This only works on a sorc I think (unless you aren't one lol). I also can survive then by casting healing ward then animation cancelling hardened ward like there was no tomorrow.

Also, my boundless storm is always on with my crit surge, so standing by them heals me through it as well

Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Obvs this is against one Templar, not 4 lol
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are extremely witty. You remind me of my girl friend. She is a sophist and it won't matter what she says as long as she wins the argument. Jesus beam is strong. It's the best execute in the game. It's really easy to use and the direct counter to a build that is very prevalent in pvp. It's just too easy to use with no draw backs in huge zeros. Why wouldn't you use it. Range could use a nerf. Stop getting so defensive temps you have another button to spam its sweeps.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    You guys are extremely witty. You remind me of my girl friend. She is a sophist and it won't matter what she says as long as she wins the argument. Jesus beam is strong. It's the best execute in the game. It's really easy to use and the direct counter to a build that is very prevalent in pvp. It's just too easy to use with no draw backs in huge zeros. Why wouldn't you use it. Range could use a nerf. Stop getting so defensive temps you have another button to spam its sweeps.

Are ppl disagreeing? It's clearly the best execute in the game lol, who is out there saying mages wrath is better lmao.

Templars will have it coming like we sorcs did.

I think it would be cool if Jesus beam was weaker with distance...or drained the health of the caster, or maybe could be interrupted causing the caster to be stunned!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Czirne wrote: »
    Cloak, purge, ranged cc, gap closer/bash or cc, ranged interrupts, block, break Los, add health, increase points in cp relevant to reducing the damage, increase spell resistance, shields, heal.

I'm sure more I have forgot. Plenty of ways to defend against it.

This is mostly true, but there is problem with LoS, or maybe its lag related problem. Very often i LoS behind tree or rock, but beam does not break immediately, rather tick one or two more times.
    IMO it should be dodgable - every other execute in game is, right? And mostly, when you are gettign executed from 30+ metres, you cant bash, and blocking seems useless.

I think it's the same thing as negate. They lowered the server check response times so the client doesn't check the moment you leave negate but a second later making negate a meter or two larger than the tool tip. Same thing with Beams, it takes about a second or two of LOS which is far too long. It didn't help the lag either, neither did removing the deer. Look at miats addon, look at how much irrelevant crap our clients are tracking that will never be a part of our actual game experience.

People should be looking for these golden nuggets in posts. Miat's CC addon immediately shows a pulsing icon of whatever you are being hit with, sometimes over a second before the effect is visible.

It will dramatically effect your survivability, especially in situations with alot of AoE flying around.
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    The max range veing 28 meters if they are at max range you could roll away. If they arnt at max range then you gap close and interrupt. Or block and heal. What it boils down to is if you have *** awareness and dont stop this from casting and there are a plethora of ways you can avoid the damage completely or heal through it you are going to die and its going to cheese you. This is not a problem with the ability. Its 100% l2p .
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    To add too, this is a channeled ability which means they are doing NOTHING else. You could easily gap close and hit them with venom arrow effectively ccing them and making a counter play.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets turn this nerf god beam thread into a buff god beam thread starting with me.

Now go. The only thing it has going for it. Is that it can't be rolled.

All of the stam executes does way more damage. But then again stamina in general does way more damage then magicka in PvP, but no one wants to talk about that now do they?
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Well it just got nerfed 21%.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Godspeed wrote: »
    Ouch. And I just finished leveling up my Magplar.

Oh well. It's still the best execute in the game, right?
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on January 3, 2017 11:24PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Godspeed wrote: »
    Ouch. And I just finished leveling up my Magplar.

Oh well. It's still the best execute in the game, right?

Ofc it is.

People wanted a range nerf and a fix if it not cancelling from LoS.

I'll take a dmg reduction but it's not going to save me when 3 templars are spamming it from 40m away
    PS4 EU DC

• Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Venom arrow bow morph or crushing shock destro morph
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys I think the experts weighed in. It needed it. I really wish you guys could work on your objectivity instead of trying to protect your play style. It would make the world a better place. But your right you know better then the creators of the game because what you have an advanced degree in gaming or creating games?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting nerfed by 20%
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    OOJIMMY wrote: »
    kessik221 wrote: »
    So many defenses buuuuuttt ima go out on a limb here and say l2p.

What are the defenses? Line of site, when half the time it still gets a tick or two? Purge? Then they just spam it till you can't purge? Bash them? While the range greater than any gap closer?

I play a magic templar every once in a while and know it's a bull skill

Ward spam, burst heal, ranged cc, defensive rune, crushing shock, any damage mitigation mechanic, everything mentioned followed by offence.

I main a stamplar. So none of that except my javalin and bow skill.
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    I see where y'all coming from though. Radiant isn't bad by one person. Trash I'll lose a 1v1 to a magplar on my stamplar every once in a while. The problem with radiant is group play. If it's zergs I don't mind, numbers win most fights. In small scale fight and the magplars sit behind the other players spamming heals, and Rd doing massive damage is the issue
  • TheLordSoth
    TheLordSoth
    ✭✭
    kessik221 wrote: »
    The max range veing 28 meters if they are at max range you could roll away. If they arnt at max range then you gap close and interrupt. Or block and heal. What it boils down to is if you have *** awareness and dont stop this from casting and there are a plethora of ways you can avoid the damage completely or heal through it you are going to die and its going to cheese you. This is not a problem with the ability. Its 100% l2p .

Apparently not a PVP'er. When you have half a group applying stun locks and the other half hitting with god beam...but then perhaps you need to L2P before commenting.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst JB is probably the best Execute in the Game, before 50% it's pointless, you can have 4 on you at max health and it won't even shift your health. He's right there is no defence to it, that would be stupid to be defensive, when you can be offensive and easily interrupt and put them off balance and destroy them.

Personally I think JB should have it's execute range dropped to mirror the other executes in the game. But then Templar's would need a boost in the Damage of some of their other abilities which frankly hit like wet noodles.

But why single out JB, when half your rant is about Stuns and Stam, which have nothing to do with JB........
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fQMN7XT.png