The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

game not listed in programs

CaptainClarion
CaptainClarion
Soul Shriven
I just moved to a new pc and swapped my game drive (non system drive) from my old computer to the new one. I ran ESO from that drive once and then realized that my new hd is faster and so I re-installed the game to the new drive. Before I did that I tried to uninstall from the old drive and that did not work so I deleted the folder, thinking that since it was not listed in add/remove programs that there were probably no registry entries and that installing on the new drive should set those up properly.

The game runs fine from the new drive location but the game is still not listed under programs, although the uninstall is there in add/remove programs in the control panel. Is it going to cause problems to not have the game properly installed and showing as listed in programs? Do I need to uninstall and re-install to get registry keys/etc set up properly? The other games and programs that I have moved have set up as usual, so I am wondering if there is something different about ESO that I am not aware of. Thanks.
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm... no? If you are talking about the program list in the start menu, this is only a list of shortcuts. If you need ESO to show up in there so badly, you can simply copy/paste your own in there. If the game runs there is no problem with the installation. and jfy none of this has anything to do with the registry
  • CaptainClarion
    CaptainClarion
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, just seemed odd. Thanks for taking the time to respond.