The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For someone new to PVP can you share any tips?

GawdSB
GawdSB
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently started playing PVP more, and so far I've done decently but I myself don't think I'm good at all.

Can you guys share some tips on PVPing combat and such.

I run a 2h weapon and bow on back bar. Also using a Stam Sorc. I've tried other classes, but I find this to be the funnest.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emotes can be lifesavers. Not even kidding.

Lets just say you bumb into group of enemyplayers and you know that your own group will come soon. You start playing flute or drums so enemies wont kill you. They start also do some emotes usually dancing and then BOOM! Your group arrives and soon all those enemies will lay on ground waiting to be teabagged.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find another game to PVP in?
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a cc in your bar and use it every time your enemies are not immune.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    be ok with and get used to dying

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tips?

1) Don't step in Cyrodiil.
    2) Avoid dueling.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Learn to survive

Learn to read the 'flow' of the battle.

Don't chase ball-groups into choke-points.

When under-siege, don't streak out of windows :-)

If DC - don't keep pushing Chal :wink:
    Edited by Biro123 on December 30, 2016 10:49AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't lose your sense of humor .
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I laughed when somebody pulled out a shovel on me whilst dead so there's that lol.
  • Guambodian
    Guambodian
    ✭✭✭
    Buy seige equipment. Learn which ones to use when and how. Slot mage/inner light, and/or use detect pots. Immovable pots are very helpful too. Don't let the trolls get you. Please don't run off to farm AP at a random resource or whatever whilst your alliance doesn't have home keeps or is trying to defend/dethrone an emp. Alessia bridge......you either love it or hate it. Learn to enjoy mount simulator ESO....you'll be playing it a bunch. Don't forget to have fun. Too many people get too caught up in whatever and forget this is a game.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guambodian wrote: »
    Don't forget to have fun. Too many people get too caught up in whatever and forget this is a game.
    This^^
    It is a game not RL.

I'm awful at pvp but I survive on fringes.
    run siege
    spam heals or siege protect
    help group by slotting rapids
    rez everyone you can
    invest in forward camps
    don't wig out when you are one shotted.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • alext89
    alext89
    ✭✭✭
    if u are on pc eu, u can send me a mail of whisper, i can help u out. @alext89
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're solo, always drag fights to rock outcroppings or ruins. This will allow you to LOS your way around them when you need to be defensive and heal up, and also gives you chances to divide and conquer. For example a templar keeps healing the nightblade attacking you, get the NB to chase you around the corner and burst him before templar can get in LOS to heal. People get super mad when you play like this but when it's you against the world, use every advantage you can.

PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Start playing PvP at a low level and play in a non cp campaign. Unlock war horn, vigor, and caltrops before you quit.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    If you're solo, always drag fights to rock outcroppings or ruins. This will allow you to LOS your way around them when you need to be defensive and heal up, and also gives you chances to divide and conquer. For example a templar keeps healing the nightblade attacking you, get the NB to chase you around the corner and burst him before templar can get in LOS to heal. People get super mad when you play like this but when it's you against the world, use every advantage you can.

good tip. soon as i live long enough to get to the outcropping that is. :)
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a group.

I miss anything?
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »

I laughed when somebody pulled out a shovel on me whilst dead so there's that lol.

Haha, I've had a group of ppl do a whole funeral around me... with someone digging, someone playing the flute, crying ppl and someone dancing. It was really very touching. :'(
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay calm, spamming buttons incorrectly will leave you drained and dead, be mindful of your actions.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of it will come with time, and you'll get better the more you PVP, but there are a few things that I wish someone had pointed out to me when I was getting started in Cyrodiil:

1. Not directly combat-related, but, max out the speed on your horse first thing, otherwise it's going to get really tedious moving between keeps, and you risk falling behind whatever group you're in and getting picked off. After that, focus on it's endurance.

2. Familiarize yourself with some of the common skills for other classes. Knowing when NOT to cast a crystal frag at a DK is a very useful thing to know, along with what to do when a Templar is spamming Radiant Destruction at you.

3. Get the passive skill that gives a chance of filling a soul gem when killing an NPC, and keep a stack of empty soul gems on you. It's a small percentage, but the gems fill up fast. I don't actively trying to fill soul gems, yet have 3 stacks full of them. Once you're set on soul gems, rezz any dead ally you see unless they're right outside an unflagged keep. This can make a tremendous different in pushes to take resources.

4. Learn the best places to attack keeps from. If you're running solo, this will help you find where groups in your alliance may be without requiring you to run all the way around a keep before discovering where they are.

5. Make sure you stay on top of eating food. If you don't, you're going to be running around with thousands of points less in Stam/Magicka/Health than everyone else.

6. Don't be scared to engage in fights with people that have more CP than you. You're not going to get any better if you're only picking off low level characters, and a lot of high-CP players are garbage anyways.

7. What might work ok in PVE does not necessarily mean it will work well in PVP.

8. Join a good guild. Cyrodiil is usually a lot more fun when you're running around with a group. The flags on resources takes an annoying amount of time if you're solo, and really sets you up to be ganked while you're waiting.

9. Related to number 9, don't stand on the flag in stealth. I see this all the time, and the flag isn't going to flip if you're hiding.

10. Keep track of what sort of things you're seeing in the death recap when you lose in PVP. Like the notification says, a lot of times there's something you could have done to avoid losing.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »

Haha, I've had a group of ppl do a whole funeral around me... with someone digging, someone playing the flute, crying ppl and someone dancing. It was really very touching. :'(

lmaooo

Haaa, you should feel so special they gave you a proper goodbye.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still working on this myself - but it is sound advice!
    4096289.jpg
  • AlwaysOnFire
    AlwaysOnFire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play at a high frame rate and morph skills related to mitigating damage, inflicting burst damage and DOT, controlling or stunning the enemy, or removing stuns and incapacitating effects. You will likely need separate builds for PvP and PvE. Approach your skills with the mindset, "what will take away someone else's ability to do anything or resist dying?"

After that it's just execution and hoping they aren't geared specifically to resist what you've got. Which they probably are, because most newbies/"scrubs" don't enter PvP until they have ground useful armor and weapons because the cannon fodder frustration level is so high.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would suggest never fighting anyone.
    Play the map not the players. Don't zerg the bridge or gates its pointless.

Siege and balista's are a good way to contribute significantly even if you can't fight people.

I never had any good gear, I started PVP at cp 120 because I finished every quest in the AD quest line and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't buy anything because I was under cp 160 there was no point. I also have 300 ping and get major FPS lag if I go anywhere near a major battle. I am constantly one shot, you have to get used to dying.

There is this giant chess game going on in PVP and you are a pawn.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second the ballista advice. When up against a sizable group, a ballista or catapult can help you deal fairly good damage from the back, while encouraging the enemy to back off or run into your waiting friends. I prefer a ballista for its range and feel, but I know many people love meatbag catapults.

Don't be afraid to fight from the wall if you're defending. The ability to escape from line of sight means you can back off, heal, and catch your breath.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    get ready to be screwed over

get ready for massive imbalance and *** proc sets

get ready for the load screens

get ready for the lag and disconnects

have fun
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    get ready to be screwed over

get ready for massive imbalance and *** proc sets

get ready for the load screens

get ready for the lag and disconnects

have fun

Wow. For once. Just this once. We agree on something.

I'm pretty sure the world is going to end or something..
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Protip #1: Teabaggers are God's chosen people!
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZERG!!!!!

Wear all heavy armor

Wear impen ( at least 2k )

Rez others

Communication is key

DONT GET FARMED!!!!! I can't stress this on enough

Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a pvp guild or join a campaign and find a group while you're in there, and listen to the group leader. I learned soooooo much that way. I'm still terrible at pvp - I'm not a strategist and I die easily - but it's amazing how much fun a good group can be.

Always keep a stock of door and wall repair kits and ballistas in your inventory. (You'll have to build up some AP before you can get those so it's ok to start small)

Rez anyone and everyone you see.

Be prepared for horrible lag (so horrible you won't even know if your own abilities are actually working lol) wherever 2 sides (or sometimes all 3) are clashing.

Get used to dying cuz you will get nuked...a lot.

Have fun!
    NA PS4
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever kills you, be sure to point it out here for nerf.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good advice on here already. Here is some more.

- Always be running, riding or hiding. If you're going to stand in place do it inside a keep. Group leaders who get their group together OUTSIDE of a keep are probably not the best group leaders. Eventually someone will stealth bomb your entire army doing that. So, always group up to wait INSIDE a keep wall.
    - Be prepared for everything. Here is a list of what I usually have on me ... 50+ siege weapons, 200+ filled Soul Gems, food to give out to randoms, immovable and invisibility potions. I have mist form to counter CC, Radiant and Pokey Sticks to DPS, an unreflectable lightning staff to deal with DKs, and rapid maneuvers to catch sorcs. In PVE you want to be the best at one thing quite often, in PVP (except in really coordinated groups) it's better to be useful at everything.
    - Look both ways a lot. Seriously, it's the same advice you got as a kid about crossing the street. The amount of times I've killed someone that I basically rode 10 meters behind them for a quarter mile is astounding.
    - You can run 3 siege weapons quite easily. 4 if you're a boss. Many sieges are started because one solo player got the wall from 100 to 50%.
    - Soloing resources, while not a good source of AP, might be the single best thing a solo player can do for an alliance.
    - If you see 30 max level players in a place like a farm tower, you're about to be farmed for Alliance Points. Don't let yourself be farmed for Alliance Points.
    - Cyrodiil is not a dueling area. You might be involved in an epic 1 on 1 fight, but that Magplar 40 feet away already sees you as a free sack of AP. Keep your head on a swivel.

Other than that, just remember that if it looks like a trap it probably is. And if it doesn't look like a trap, it's definitely a trap.