The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dead horse under the bridge in Arenthia with Troll that disappears

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
Related quest (but not required): Over the edge, Reaper's March.

When you approach the troll that eats a horse carcass under the bridge in Arenthia (near Wayshrine), Reaper's March, he will totally disappear. The troll will reappear when you move away from that place.
Also when you are at the horse, there's "Examine" mark, but hitting "E" does nothing. The whole quest seems strange, because the soggy bag items and quest arrows will also disappear/reappear based on the status of a troll, whether he's invisible or not.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but this quest & place does not look right. Pure trolling. ;)

• Rumtintin
    Rumtintin
    ✭✭
    Exactly the same thing is happening to me, nearly a year later. I see that you've had no luck here though!
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title sounds like a thread about other threads to be honest.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me now, appears fixed.
    Ahzek wrote: »
    The title sounds like a thread about other threads to be honest.

:D:D
  • Rumtintin
    Rumtintin
    ✭✭
    Weird, I just tried it again, same non-result.
    maboleth wrote: »
    Works for me now, appears fixed.
    Edited by Rumtintin on August 27, 2017 5:04PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right. This bug is NOT fixed.

It's just that if you approach the troll by the river, chances are, it will not disappear. But if you go up to the bridge, or any other way, it will.

So, NOT fixed. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by maboleth on August 28, 2017 1:03AM
  • Rumtintin
    Rumtintin
    ✭✭
    Yup, that worked for me in terms of keeping the Troll present, but I still get a non-event when 'Examining.'
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're taking a look to see if we can get a fix for this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an issue with the Arenthia quest phasing. The troll probably exists in one phase but not the other.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp