Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Lore: AD's Roots in Azura's Star: Havoc, Buff Server, And DIG (Some Motivation to Return)

MrTtheDK
MrTtheDK
✭✭✭
I was reading the AS thread and someone posted the map being smurf blue. Another comment was about getting more competition in there and DIG was mentioned and it provided me a flashback to earlier times...Hope someone out there enjoys a bit of made ESO lore.

There is actually a very good history and roots with AS and DIG...Now journey back in time for story time with T.

For those that don’t remember the time before 1.6, let me take you back to a time where PVE greatly depended on the buffs from PVP for trial times. Old School Havoc (The strongest EP PVP Guild of the Day) had made a deal with the richest player in the game, An AD named Tiny T to allow AD to have haderus as buff server for trial purposes/PVE in exchange for an awesome deal on tripots (I am talking 100's of stacks of the stuff). Havoc essentially held Haderus as a bargaining Chip against Tiny and the progressive trial guilds of AD (AD at the time dominated trials and NA was even very competitive with EU). This bought peace lasted for a time until the greed of EP started to demand higher quantities of the crimson goodness at an even lower discount. Tiny not willing to give in to this injustice refused and havoc let loose the gates of hell on haderus. I am talking farming like you could not believe. AD tried and tried as best as it could but all for not. Havoc had us pushed to our gates for weeks. Every time a keep would be taken, EP would rally and push AD back to its gates. AD's famed buff server became and EP farming ground. During this time, the great AD PVE guilds of Purple, Eight Divines, Deviance, and WKB's suffered. Trial progress in SO slowed to a halt providing EU an upper hand in the race for world first SO speed run and HM. This is when I first started seriously getting involved into PVP. The leader of purple at the time understood the importance of the buff server and started actively gathering progression pvers in an attempt to get the buff server back. We tried and tried and made some progress but could not ever make a meaningful impact as night would come and we would wake up to being pushed right back into our gates. Now you’re probably thinking...Get to the point. How does this have anything to do with AS and DIG? Well in purple's frustration with haderus we turned our eyes on another campaign...A little known blue buff server named Azura's Star.

I remember the first push in Azura’s with purple. It was pvers fighting pvers for control of the buffs. The time in haderus did develop the pve care bears of purple into more hardened pvpers but this still wasn't enough to combat the blue zergs of AS who were not going to give up the server without a fight. During the first push and we were able to control the entire server for a day only after being reinforced by a pve zerg force organized by lolimage and his m12 guild. It was awe inspiring but very short lived as blue pushed back and it was a bitter fight for the server. It wasn’t until Gank and DIG appeared on the scene that real progress was made.

Ham (Leader of Purple) organized a pvp group in an attempt to crown emp for a pve raid that was later in the evening. We started having BRK, Alesia and Roe but ended back in Fare. To say the least, it did not turn out the way we expected. That is until a new pvp guild showed up on the scene. DIG. Slowly, keep by keep, they swept through the map working with us to take back our home keeps then take the ring by storm. Eventually the entire map was yellow. It was the first time that purple really had a solid group to work with to control the map. With DIG we were able to control AS the duration of 1.5. Even Havoc's attempts in taking AS (the same as they did in Haderus) failed.

With the buff server secured, purple was able to secure the first NA speed run of SO and fastest time World. WKB's and Eight Divines also scored speed runs making the three of the four guilds that got the runs NA. (Hordor being the EU Guild). Purple also got the first and only SO HM of dynamic ult gen (Yes you can thank that nameless guild for the split strat on world shaper). DIG was also personally thanked in Ham's thread on the announcement of the two accomplishments and to this day I hold DIG in a nostalgic manner (Even joined for a while).

Even though I've been playing more against the queen then for her as of late; I still hold those memories as some of the best times that I've had in the game. It sparked my first interest in PVP and really paved the way for NA's only real dominance of PVE (EU has crushed it sense; Kudos). It's ironic to be playing the faction that I fought against on this campaign and if DIG returned would be my adversary as opposed to old ally. It still would be nice to see their return to the campaign.

T
Main:
DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So that explains all the dirt cheap tripots!
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    So that explains all the dirt cheap tripots!

In comparison to the price of tripots now- all of those then were cheap but yes.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP the old times.
    fun post.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mah bae Tiny..
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrTtheDK wrote: »
    Old School Havoc (The strongest EP PVP Guild of the Day) had made a deal with the richest player in the game, An AD named Tiny T to allow AD to have haderus as buff server for trial purposes/PVE in exchange for an awesome deal on tripots (I am talking 100's of stacks of the stuff). Havoc essentially held Haderus as a bargaining Chip against Tiny and the progressive trial guilds of AD (AD at the time dominated trials and NA was even very competitive with EU). This bought peace lasted for a time until the greed of EP started to demand higher quantities of the crimson goodness at an even lower discount. Tiny not willing to give in to this injustice refused and havoc let loose the gates of hell on haderus. I am talking farming like you could not believe. AD tried and tried as best as it could but all for not. Havoc had us pushed to our gates for weeks. Every time a keep would be taken, EP would rally and push AD back to its gates. AD's famed buff server became and EP farming ground. During this time, the great AD PVE guilds of Purple, Eight Divines, Deviance, and WKB's suffered.

Great story. Not true, but great. Did we buy pots from Tiny T? Yes, everyone did. Best way to farm PvE noobs? Cap their buff server and kick the beehive. Saying this as a member of Havoc and WKB.
    Edited by Earendal on December 28, 2016 3:51AM
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, i almost cried
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP 8k tripots man.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about it some more... I think the moral of the OP is to bring back the buff system.
    Earendal wrote: »
    Best way to farm PvE noobs? Cap their buff server and kick the beehive.

Those were the best of times.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can remember going to Had due to the lag in AS. Yellow everywhere! Only threat was the emporer that was a templar that kept spamming blazing shield pre-shield nerf.
  • stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    WTB more PvP lore pls.
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB more PvP lore pls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2839dg/psa_if_pvping_in_wabba_avoid_bleakers/

"As title says, if playing PVP in Wabba avoid Bleakers, Alacrity and some AD players have their weekly AP farming event were your life will be taken over and over and over, and just when you see a sliver of hope... it is quickly tarnished by the size and might of Metal Dimmu who rains hot oil all upon that "strong & good looking" toon you made. So to avoid it and make them come out, just avoid Bleakers at all cost, no you cant take it with your little 4 man ninja guild or you with your 500 member Guild."

Some day someone will write a thorough account of Casuale's dethrone too, maybe.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Some day someone will write a thorough account of Casuale's dethrone too, maybe.

Isn't that what the movie Return of the King was based on ?
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Isn't that what the movie Return of the King was based on ?

"An exact count is not given of the number of Sauron's forces, though Tolkien says they were "ten times and more than ten times" the size of Aragorn's army."

Looks like it would be an accurate representation.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The way I heard it, Sauron was a massive pug herder and basically just camped the Black Mile Gate for AP after getting bombed on the inner breach st Gondor. Everyone was on camp cool downs tho so Aragorn got a decent bomb off and it was GG.

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is a thread buried in a forums about the dethrone of Hova (on Chillrend) Rylana organized. Its not a bad read.
    EDIT: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1344641#Comment_1344641

Also, the original Deletherus account of the "Guild Summit" is scary, too. Even two years later it is completely relevant.
    EDIT: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134783/dleatheruss-guild-summit-comments-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly
    EDIT: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134089/guild-summit-should-have-16-reps-voted-on
    Edited by Ishammael on December 28, 2016 7:46PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

There is a thread buried in a forums about the dethrone of Hova (on Chillrend) Rylana organized. Its not a bad read.
    EDIT: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1344641#Comment_1344641

Also, the original Deletherus account of the "Guild Summit" is scary, too. Even two years later it is completely relevant.
    EDIT: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134783/dleatheruss-guild-summit-comments-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly
    EDIT: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134089/guild-summit-should-have-16-reps-voted-on

Ya I was there for the hova dethrone. It was really uneventful. Every keep but Aleswell was undefended and taken within 5mins, then it took travel time for the 5 other raids to show up at Aleswell and it was over pretty much instantly. Probably the most coordinated attack ever in eso?

I remember almost dethroning Naw once, just Alacrity. We got to the last keep, but by then it was a 3bar/poplock inside that last keep vs one guild. No way to actually get inside the keep and siege the inner without dozens of people attacking you while you try to siege. I think that was the first time I ever felt something was completely hopeless haha.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ya I was there for the hova dethrone. It was really uneventful. Every keep but Aleswell was undefended and taken within 5mins, then it took travel time for the 5 other raids to show up at Aleswell and it was over pretty much instantly. Probably the most coordinated attack ever in eso?

I remember almost dethroning Naw once, just Alacrity. We got to the last keep, but by then it was a 3bar/poplock inside that last keep vs one guild. No way to actually get inside the keep and siege the inner without dozens of people attacking you while you try to siege. I think that was the first time I ever felt something was completely hopeless haha.

I coordinated a dethrone of T.Hanks back in the early 1.6 days when Havoc was dominant. While I must admit it required working with CN and Daniel, it was pretty uneventful. It was on Thornblade, though. So I'll take credit for that.

We had four groups. AD was back at their gates if I recall. One group started at each of Arrius, Alessia, Chal, Roe. We anticipated heavy defense, otherwise we would have split into six. All the keeps flagged simultaneously and were flipped in 2mins. I took my group to BRK, which is where all EP defense showed up. While my group stayed there and fought, Ash and Ales were quickly flipped. The other three groups ran to BRK and we zerged the heck out of it. Over in 15mins.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I coordinated a dethrone of T.Hanks back in the early 1.6 days when Havoc was dominant. While I must admit it required working with CN and Daniel, it was pretty uneventful. It was on Thornblade, though. So I'll take credit for that.

We had four groups. AD was back at their gates if I recall. One group started at each of Arrius, Alessia, Chal, Roe. We anticipated heavy defense, otherwise we would have split into six. All the keeps flagged simultaneously and were flipped in 2mins. I took my group to BRK, which is where all EP defense showed up. While my group stayed there and fought, Ash and Ales were quickly flipped. The other three groups ran to BRK and we zerged the heck out of it. Over in 15mins.

Yeah I remember trying to scramble a group for that, wasn't able to get there in time. We found keeps turned blue with no repairs inner or outer, you guys didn't even stop to repair lol

That and the TKO flip fastest ever
    Edited by Satiar on December 28, 2016 9:17PM

• MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Earendal wrote: »
    MrTtheDK wrote: »
    Old School Havoc (The strongest EP PVP Guild of the Day) had made a deal with the richest player in the game, An AD named Tiny T to allow AD to have haderus as buff server for trial purposes/PVE in exchange for an awesome deal on tripots (I am talking 100's of stacks of the stuff). Havoc essentially held Haderus as a bargaining Chip against Tiny and the progressive trial guilds of AD (AD at the time dominated trials and NA was even very competitive with EU). This bought peace lasted for a time until the greed of EP started to demand higher quantities of the crimson goodness at an even lower discount. Tiny not willing to give in to this injustice refused and havoc let loose the gates of hell on haderus. I am talking farming like you could not believe. AD tried and tried as best as it could but all for not. Havoc had us pushed to our gates for weeks. Every time a keep would be taken, EP would rally and push AD back to its gates. AD's famed buff server became and EP farming ground. During this time, the great AD PVE guilds of Purple, Eight Divines, Deviance, and WKB's suffered.

Great story. Not true, but great. Did we buy pots from Tiny T? Yes, everyone did. Best way to farm PvE noobs? Cap their buff server and kick the beehive. Saying this as a member of Havoc and WKB.

Incorrect...EP even created troll guilds titled ..."Blame Tiny T"...Got so bad that he had to change his name from all the hate he was getting from AD.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Lolimage, dude was funny AF.
    ~Thallen~
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Havoc was stronger than Crystalized's IR? Was havoc led by the Canadian who besmirched the name of the beloved American actor Tom Hanks, or was that Nexus?

Is Tiny T smaller than Dignified Mouse? Any relation to Mr. T?

I enjoy historical stories. Everyone seems to forget Fengrush was a very successful stam sorc wayyyyy back when people didn't even know stam sorc was an option in ESO character creation.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havoc was stronger than Crystalized's IR? Was havoc led by the Canadian who besmirched the name of the beloved American actor Tom Hanks, or was that Nexus?

I enjoy historical stories. Everyone seems to forget Fengrush was a very successful stam sorc wayyyyy back when people didn't even know stam sorc was an option in ESO character creation.

Excuse you, Konishiki of Havoc was the first successful stamsorc... Fengrush wasn't even playing when Koni rekt people with his WW stamsorc!
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emma666 wrote: »

Excuse you, Konishiki of Havoc was the first successful stamsorc... Fengrush wasn't even playing when Koni rekt people with his WW stamsorc!

And koni was playing as a lizard at the time, yes?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Excuse me is right. Where are my manners? FENGRUSH wasn't just a very successful stam sorc he made stam sorc into a successful Twitch channel.

Who is the Japanese sumo wrestler you speak of? Because I have never heard of this individual. Maybe you mistake ESO stam sorc with that person one-shotting bowls of rice.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pchela wrote: »

And koni was playing as a lizard at the time, yes?

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU4JsaJCnDw

Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good reads! Not really factual, but when is history factual?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    The way I heard it, Sauron was a massive pug herder and basically just camped the Black Mile Gate for AP after getting bombed on the inner breach st Gondor. Everyone was on camp cool downs tho so Aragorn got a decent bomb off and it was GG.

Only, in the First Age, camps didn't have cooldowns.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are right, history does become soupy and muddy. So here are facts. Steve and VE's honor fighting across campaigns for the campaign win. Fengrush's might. Scipio's personality. Wizard Daniel and Chuck Norris making a name for themselves through a ton of bad publicity. Kamikazii, the long reigning DC emp during a time of great peace before the invasions of Chillrend.

Commander Egypt and PainintheAxe working together to bring DC out of the dark ages and into prosperity in the period before Imp City launch. Brandon South Ga's demise and return as an undead EP commander.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are right, history does become soupy and muddy. So here are facts. Steve and VE's honor fighting across campaigns for the campaign win. Fengrush's might. Scipio's personality. Wizard Daniel and Chuck Norris making a name for themselves through a ton of bad publicity. Kamikazii, the long reigning DC emp during a time of great peace before the invasions of Chillrend.

Commander Egypt and PainintheAxe working together to bring DC out of the dark ages and into prosperity in the period before Imp City launch. Brandon South Ga's demise and return as an undead EP commander.

Tell it to Homer. Wait you are ESO's Homer. Have fun with it then!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I played stam at release. Probably predates everything. First stam sorc hybrid vampwolf NA.