The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help this hoarder clear out his bank of useless item sets (What should I keep... what needs to go?!

Trelium
Trelium
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone!

I've been pretty much hoarding all the item sets I've come across and need to clear out some space... hoping you fine, fellow players can help me as to which of the following sets I'm not sure about are useless. (Sets with a strikethrough have been deconstructed... all others are still in question.)

Healer Sets:
Combat Physician
Light Speaker
Prayer Shawl

Magicka DPS Sets:
Lamia's Song
Moondancer
Netch's Touch
Overwhelming Surge
Spider Cultist Cowl
Undaunted Infiltrator
Undaunted Unweaver
Vestments of the Warlock
Wise Mage

Stamina DPS Sets:
Barkskin
Bone Pirate's Tatters
Crusader
Draugr Hulk
Essence Thief
Heem-Jas
Hunt Leader
Jailbreaker
Oblivion's Edge
Poisonous Serpent
Quick Serpent
Sheer Venom
Spelunker
Storm Master
Sunderflame
Sword Dancer
Toothrow

Tanking Sets:
Armor of the Truth
Aspect of Mazzatun
Berserking Warrior
Defending Warrior
Dreugh King Slayer
Embershield
Eternal Warrior
Ice Furnace
Immortal Warrior
Jolting Arms
Knight-Errant
Knightmare
Medusa
Nikulas
Tormentor
Undaunted Bastion

I'm not looking as to what's good for PVE or PVP, trials, dungeons, solo, etc... just want to know what's completely useless in all aspects of the game so I can decon it and make some space.

Thank you in advance!
Edited by Trelium on January 15, 2017 11:22PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant tell you what sets to keep and not keep, but ditch any jewelry thats not purple or higher, get rid of any armor or weapons that you wouldnt use in an actual build. (Divines, impen, infused, and lesser extent well fitted and sturdy) I had the same problem as you, I was keeping any set even in bad traits just because I thought it might be worth to keep.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want these

Amber Plasm
    Moondancer
    Overwhelming Surge
    Scathing Mage
    Shroud of the Lich
    Worm's Raiment

Rattlecage

PC EU @altemriel

I would be greatful if you can give them to me :)

and what about vicious death, do you have that too?
    Edited by altemriel on December 27, 2016 5:55PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently did this

I can't tell you which sets to get rid of but I can tell you how I came to decide which ones I did

3 lists:

1. Am I using it on a character now?
    2. Do I have immediate plans to put this on a character once set is complete
    3. no current plans for use

After I put each set on ONE list and had a character assigned to it:

#3 was easy: got decon'd/sold to vendor/guild trader

#2 was a little more difficult. How much is needed to get the set as I want it? Are the traits right? Some sets got moved into #3 and purged. The remaining sets got put into the character who is going to use it inventory. Once the set was/is complete the plan is to try it, if it doesn't perform the way I need it and/or does not need to be kept as an alternative set for something, off to #3 it goes.

#1 was the trickiest. Am I holding onto this set piece for versatility? Like if I want to swap out which slots that set is in? Is it a duplicate? Do I need extra pieces for different traits? After I decided, anything kept was temporarily put into the characters inventory and the rest went to #3

There was also a list in my head during the process of things just to valuable to purge. Ie: this sharpened 2h weapon that is REALLY good but I am not currently nor planning on any time soon using this set, but it was a pain in the ass to get. Very few things, and many monster set pieces were kept this way.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of them can be useful in very specific builds, for example trinimac's on a pet sorc (ward), or a DK healer (igneous).

Personally, I'm working on a Magsorc using a bow and medium armor, because I want to try the combo Elegance + Undaunted infiltrator.

Also I'm looking at Armor of Truth, which could eventually be useful in a build using the Tactician star (attronach) and the Exploiter star (ritual), but ZoS needs to increase the CP cap to 175.

Dreugh king slayer is sometimes useful in stam builds that have no access to major brut.

Nevertheless, most of the people is going to tell you that each set is useless because they tend to follow the FotM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would remove/decon Nothing until at least the patch notes come out for next balance patch and even then not until it hits Live.

Though I would say the Light Speaker set is terrible if that's the one I;m thing of (+spell damage to resto staff abilities).
  • Trelium
    Trelium
    Soul Shriven
    I cant tell you what sets to keep and not keep, but ditch any jewelry thats not purple or higher, get rid of any armor or weapons that you wouldnt use in an actual build. (Divines, impen, infused, and lesser extent well fitted and sturdy) I had the same problem as you, I was keeping any set even in bad traits just because I thought it might be worth to keep.
    I actually already did that a bit back to clear up space... and overflowing again, lol. I have no bad-trait items or low-grade jewelry in my bank.
    altemriel wrote: »
    I want these

Amber Plasm
    Moondancer
    Overwhelming Surge
    Scathing Mage
    Shroud of the Lich
    Worm's Raiment

Rattlecage

PC EU @altemriel

Unfortunately... all those items are BoP.
    Sigtric wrote: »
    I recently did this

I can't tell you which sets to get rid of but I can tell you how I came to decide which ones I did

3 lists:

1. Am I using it on a character now?
    2. Do I have immediate plans to put this on a character once set is complete
    3. no current plans for use

After I put each set on ONE list and had a character assigned to it:

#3 was easy: got decon'd/sold to vendor/guild trader

#2 was a little more difficult. How much is needed to get the set as I want it? Are the traits right? Some sets got moved into #3 and purged. The remaining sets got put into the character who is going to use it inventory. Once the set was/is complete the plan is to try it, if it doesn't perform the way I need it and/or does not need to be kept as an alternative set for something, off to #3 it goes.

#1 was the trickiest. Am I holding onto this set piece for versatility? Like if I want to swap out which slots that set is in? Is it a duplicate? Do I need extra pieces for different traits? After I decided, anything kept was temporarily put into the characters inventory and the rest went to #3

There was also a list in my head during the process of things just to valuable to purge. Ie: this sharpened 2h weapon that is REALLY good but I am not currently nor planning on any time soon using this set, but it was a pain in the ass to get. Very few things, and many monster set pieces were kept this way.
    The reason I'm keeping so much of it is because there are so many different builds that work best in certain scenarios for different types of play... so if I make an alt of a different class there may be multiple sets that work great for that character depending on the scenario. But I get what you mean. I can probably get rid of most of my Stamina DPS gear because I already have 5x TBS (Gold) and 5x VO (Gold). But some sets are good for PVP... so it makes it difficult.
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Most of them can be useful in very specific builds, for example trinimac's on a pet sorc (ward), or a DK healer (igneous).

Personally, I'm working on a Magsorc using a bow and medium armor, because I want to try the combo Elegance + Undaunted infiltrator.

Also I'm looking at Armor of Truth, which could eventually be useful in a build using the Tactician star (attronach) and the Exploiter star (ritual), but ZoS needs to increase the CP cap to 175.

Dreugh king slayer is sometimes useful in stam builds that have no access to major brut.

Nevertheless, most of the people is going to tell you that each set is useless because they tend to follow the FotM
    Yeah... that's why I don't want to just start ditching stuff because I know some of it may have its use. That sounds like an interesting build by the way.
    I would remove/decon Nothing until at least the patch notes come out for next balance patch and even then not until it hits Live.

Though I would say the Light Speaker set is terrible if that's the one I;m thing of (+spell damage to resto staff abilities).
    That is indeed the set. Figured it was crappy... along with the Undaunted Infiltrator set which is a medium set but the 2, 3, and 5 piece bonuses are all magicka based.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trelium wrote: »
    I actually already did that a bit back to clear up space... and overflowing again, lol. I have no bad-trait items or low-grade jewelry in my bank.
    I want these

Amber Plasm
    Moondancer
    Overwhelming Surge
    Scathing Mage
    Shroud of the Lich
    Worm's Raiment

Rattlecage

PC EU @altemriel

Unfortunately... all those items are BoP.

LOL, misunderstood your post :smiley:
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Undaunted xxx sets are currently fairly useless, imho, because of the mismatched max magicka / weapon damage style of the perks.

From your healer list, Trinimac's Valor is the only one I really like, and it's a very situational set for a full five piece. (The bonuses for the first four pieces are fairly universally useful, of course.) My main is a Dragonknight healer. (She now wears Spell Power Cure and Infallible Aether, but I refuse to get rid of the Trinimac's Valor. :D) Damage shield procs from healing sets are especially underwhelming in my opinion; if your group needs a shield then slot Barrier, but use your five-piece for something more useful than a tiny damage shield.

Under your magicka DPS list, Worm is considered a must have for a Trials healer, so I would list that as a Healer set rather than DPS.
    I have also had people swear by the Sanctuary and Lich sets, although I think that really depends on your playstyle. I am not really a fan of the other sets personally, although periodically I consider playing with the Amberplasm set.

I would hold on to the Twice-Fanged Serpent set, as I feel it is very underrated. While it is not a universally useful set, it's very powerful for stamina DoT builds, like you can do with a Dragonknight.
    Alkosh is also a great set, although it's more used for Trials tanks, so the key pieces there are jewelry and weapons, and maybe waist and shoulders. The bigger body pieces, not so much.
    I think Briarheart is a fun set, although it's not really endgame. I have been collecting Essence Thief, as well, for curiosity sake, although I don't think it will perform as well as I am hoping, I may be surprised. It looks good in theory, anyway.

From your tanking sets, Ebon is a Trials tank set, so if that strikes your fancy hold on to that one.
    Sergeant's Mail rings, chest, and legs are also a popular setup for certain DPS builds, although you could easily let go of the smaller pieces for that one.

I have been deconstructing the rest for materials. This is just my personal perspective.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    The Undaunted xxx sets are currently fairly useless, imho, because of the mismatched max magicka / weapon damage style of the perks.

From your healer list, Trinimac's Valor is the only one I really like, and it's a very situational set for a full five piece. (The bonuses for the first four pieces are fairly universally useful, of course.) My main is a Dragonknight healer. (She now wears Spell Power Cure and Infallible Aether, but I refuse to get rid of the Trinimac's Valor. :D) Damage shield procs from healing sets are especially underwhelming in my opinion; if your group needs a shield then slot Barrier, but use your five-piece for something more useful than a tiny damage shield.

Under your magicka DPS list, Worm is considered a must have for a Trials healer, so I would list that as a Healer set rather than DPS.
    I have also had people swear by the Sanctuary and Lich sets, although I think that really depends on your playstyle. I am not really a fan of the other sets personally, although periodically I consider playing with the Amberplasm set.

I would hold on to the Twice-Fanged Serpent set, as I feel it is very underrated. While it is not a universally useful set, it's very powerful for stamina DoT builds, like you can do with a Dragonknight.
    Alkosh is also a great set, although it's more used for Trials tanks, so the key pieces there are jewelry and weapons, and maybe waist and shoulders. The bigger body pieces, not so much.
    I think Briarheart is a fun set, although it's not really endgame. I have been collecting Essence Thief, as well, for curiosity sake, although I don't think it will perform as well as I am hoping, I may be surprised. It looks good in theory, anyway.

From your tanking sets, Ebon is a Trials tank set, so if that strikes your fancy hold on to that one.
    Sergeant's Mail rings, chest, and legs are also a popular setup for certain DPS builds, although you could easily let go of the smaller pieces for that one.

I have been deconstructing the rest for materials. This is just my personal perspective.

I just came to the somber realization after reading your post @SolarCat02 that I could play this game another 18 months and still not know half of what you know about these gear sets :(
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I just came to the somber realization after reading your post @SolarCat02 that I could play this game another 18 months and still not know half of what you know about these gear sets :(

I have played this game for a year, I just read a lot. :D

The trick with armor sets is the five piece bonus, as most of the other bonuses can be found in multiple configurations.

You do want to look out for uniqueness though in the other bonuses, though.
    For example, Infallible Aether adds Minor Slayer as a three-piece bonus, which is fairly unique, and very powerful for dungeons. (Not good for PvP).
    Other sets stack bonuses in somewhat unique ways. For example, a set where the two, three, and four piece bonuses are all max stamina would be unique, as most sets have a bit of a mix.
    A set that mixes opposing features such as max magicka plus weapon damage is going to be fairly useless in most cases, while a set for max stamina plus magicka regeneration would be a very specialized set for something like a magicka tank.

Read what you can, you will pick it up!

• SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking from a trials healer set view:

Healer Sets:
    Combat Physician - Bin
    Healing Mage - Bin
    Light Speaker - maybe keep
    Prayer Shawl - Bin
    Trinimac's Valor - Bin

The only combos desired are SPC (must), then one of the two healers wears Worms or Infaliable Mage.

You shouldnt really be needing the extra heals from Light Speaker if your CP and Enchants done right, so its much better to run a set that either buffs your group or debuffs the boss.

I do like Light Speaker though and have put it on my second healer who isnt quite as geared as my main.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Trelium
    Trelium
    Soul Shriven
    LOL, misunderstood your post :smiley:
    Haha... no problem.

Thanks for all the advice! I do have some SPC and IA items... but I know they're good sets so I didn't list them above. So from your information (based on whether you've used or you know others that have), the following sets will be kept:
    Trinimac's Valor
    Worm's Raiment
    Sanctuary
    Shroud of the Lich
    Amber Plasm
    Twice-Fanged Serpent
    Roar of the Alkosh
    Ebon Armory
    Sergeant's Mail

The following sets I'll continue to ponder until I get more feedback:
    Briarheart
    Essence Thief

Thanks again!
    Talking from a trials healer set view:

Healer Sets:
    Combat Physician - Bin
    Healing Mage - Bin
    Light Speaker - maybe keep
    Prayer Shawl - Bin
    Trinimac's Valor - Bin

The only combos desired are SPC (must), then one of the two healers wears Worms or Infaliable Mage.

You shouldnt really be needing the extra heals from Light Speaker if your CP and Enchants done right, so its much better to run a set that either buffs your group or debuffs the boss.

I do like Light Speaker though and have put it on my second healer who isnt quite as geared as my main.
    Well crap... already scrapped Light Speaker because it seemed useless and a guy above confirmed. Oh well... thanks for the info on the others!
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well crap... already scrapped Light Speaker because it seemed useless and a guy above confirmed. Oh well... thanks for the info on the others!

Its not really needed dont worry, I'm just using it to gear an alt until he's in SPC/Worm/aether.

Gear is so situational, it really depends on what characters you will see yourself playing now or in the future and to what level or play you will take them, ie vet trials.

Some people will say this is good, some will say that.

Edited by SquareSausage on December 29, 2016 10:43PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Trelium
    Trelium
    Soul Shriven

Its not really needed dont worry, I'm just using it to gear an alt until he's in SPC/Worm/aether.

Gear is so situational, it really depends on what characters you will see yourself playing now or in the future and to what level or play you will take them, ie vet trials.

Some people will say this is good, some will say that.

Phew...
    I also heard, in addition to SPC/Worm or SPC/Aether... that SPC/Twilight Remedy is common too?
    (Decided to keep the Healing Mage set as I heard it's good for PVP...)
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilight Remedy is also popular for a healer combination, yes! Especially if your healer throws out a lot of synergy skills.

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there's such a thing a s a positive troll...
    Ever single post here is rocking awesome and I learned a lot just by reading! Thanks for the very informative thread! :)
    I decon'd a purple Spinner's prosperous bow recently... Still so much to learn.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilight Remedy is also popular for a healer combination, yes! Especially if your healer throws out a lot of synergy skills.

I use it on my templar, works awesome on S&B panel with skills like Luminous Shards, Solar Prison, Extended Ritual and Mystic Orb.

But only problem thats I need anounce all time to team mates thats they will get some awesome buffs from synergy otherwise they often miss synergy activation.