The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on how ZOS's proc set changes will affect PVP? (No longer can crit).

• Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a step in the right direction, but I would have said that about pretty much any change they made to proc sets. I just think it is a very strange change. As repeatedly discussed, crit is significantly less important in PVP than PVE because of everyone running impen. Not that it will be totally irrelevant to PVP but I feel like it has more of an effect on PVE where everyone was quite happy with their proc sets.

My biggest problem is this is yet another blanket lazy fix from ZOS. There are numerous proc sets that were already useless to begin with that are going to get nerfed now too. Similar to how battle spirit made a lot of the smaller shields totally useless (skills like igneous and hardened armor have other beneficial effects but the shields are pretty much worthless), this is a nerf to sets that were underpowered to begin with. Why can ZOS not just make small adjustments to individual sets that are over performing? Tweak damage, snare, and proc chance values and go from there. I loved seeing the comment on AOE caps which was something along the lines of we are making this slight change in values and are going to evaluate how that goes. Do that with everything and make small adjustments when necessary more often than every 6-8 months. Instead we get another band-aid fix that upsets a large portion of the player base and, if implemented, won't be looked at for another 6 months.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good decision by ZoS imo. They are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Everyone wants the sets to be nerf'd, but at the same time people don't want them to be completely useless. ZOS always get crap (and rightfully so) for overshooting the mark and making too drastic of a change when balancing. Preventing these sets from criting isnt a massive nerf for PvP, so let's see how much it matters and go from there. They are attacking the main issue, which is the burst. But these sets still need to have SOME burst. That's what PvP is all about. If they had no burst potential AT ALL, they why would you ever run it?
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Crit was never the issue in PvP since 90% wear full impernetrable.

Even with 0% crit people can one shot when wearing 3 procs sets. This is a nerf for PvE and a nothing for PvP.

I do wish we get full patch notes soon. I want to know:

- will magicka better damage on par with stamina
    - will light armor be viable and not like fighting naked
    - must i just drop magicka and also start wearing my viper+velidreth just to keep up with PvP and DPS in PvE

I hardly feel any urge to login last few days. Oh well, maybe next year.

I'm in the same boat as you. Since the proliferation of proc sets dominating the PvP scene. I think my play time in ESO honestly dropped instantly by about %85 easy. It's a shame the MMO genre is kicking out skillful PvP play to entice people who don't care, into playing there game. We are being systematically kicked off of MMOs to MOBAs to PvP in. In order to make room for causal players who don't care about skillful balanced PvP.