The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Storm Atronach Mounts

MockingCat
MockingCat
✭✭
When we win one can we have to option to swap it for the one we actully want?
D: after 40$ i get the guar..... SADNESS i only want the senche or the wolf one :C The rest are ugly to me.
I know its a RNG gambling box but when we actually get the Apex card thing can we just choose @_@ or at lest swap after ward 1 time. Just 1 time if swap.... please?
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have enough gems to buy the wolf maybe? In that case you will have both :)
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • MockingCat
    MockingCat
    ✭✭
    lol no you barley get any gems unless you have the gems store alredy bought out or rng loves you XD i dont like most of the stuff they add. Only 1 in a few times they add something i actully want.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't swap out rewards for different rewards; the closest it comes is giving you Gems if you get a duplicate. And then ONLY if it's a duplicate, except for consumables.

The expensive RNG nature of the Crates is why there's been about 200 pages of complaints and protests pretty much since they were announced.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • MockingCat
    MockingCat
    ✭✭
    You can't swap out rewards for different rewards; the closest it comes is giving you Gems if you get a duplicate. And then ONLY if it's a duplicate, except for consumables.

The expensive RNG nature of the Crates is why there's been about 200 pages of complaints and protests pretty much since they were announced.

yes why i sagest an option to help a little on the rng. if you get an Apex reward you can pick want you want or 1 time swap.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, no, they won't do that.

If someone would be happy with any of the exclusive apex mounts, the clown crates might be marginally acceptable. Barely. If someone goes into the crates thinking about it like they are buying the crates for the consumables, the only items you are absolutely guaranteed to get, then having a rare apex exclusive rewards show up would be a bonus. The marketing director wouldn't be happy if too many people would be satisfied with any of the rare mounts; once you got one you wouldn't be buying more crates. You would stop with the one you got the mount/reward you wanted. They want people to buy more clown crates, so they won't be giving more gems in trade, or allowing people to switch the bear/camel/whatever for the wolf/senche/whatever that they really want.

They also don't allow you to trade in a atronach mount you don't want for one of the lower tier rewards that you do want, like the lion or the pit wolf.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish they would at least reduce the RNG aspect of the crates. Like instead of giving a random apex reward, you receive an apex card and get to choose one.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...all look rediculous.
    PC | EU
  • MockingCat
    MockingCat
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

If someone would be happy with any of the exclusive apex mounts, the clown crates might be marginally acceptable. Barely. If someone goes into the crates thinking about it like they are buying the crates for the consumables, the only items you are absolutely guaranteed to get, then having a rare apex exclusive rewards show up would be a bonus. The marketing director wouldn't be happy if too many people would be satisfied with any of the rare mounts; once you got one you wouldn't be buying more crates. You would stop with the one you got the mount/reward you wanted. They want people to buy more clown crates, so they won't be giving more gems in trade, or allowing people to switch the bear/camel/whatever for the wolf/senche/whatever that they really want.

They also don't allow you to trade in a atronach mount you don't want for one of the lower tier rewards that you do want, like the lion or the pit wolf.

Not saying to up the chance of apex card just the option to help with the rng when geting one. Crates are alredy rng and rng usally hates people... usally. Mostly just an option to help. why trade down? only sagest apex to apex trade if you have all then gems.

Ankael07 wrote: »
    I wish they would at least reduce the RNG aspect of the crates. Like instead of giving a random apex reward, you receive an apex card and get to choose one.

That would be perfect, Would much rather have one i was happy with than one to clutter my collection box. And atlest if you have it this way you wont have to worry rng will give the one you dislike.
    Edited by MockingCat on December 27, 2016 3:58AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not saying to up the chance of apex card just the option to help with the rng when geting one. Crates are alredy rng and rng usally hates people... usally. Mostly just an option to help. why trade down? only sagest apex to apex trade if you have all then gems.

Ankael07 wrote: »

That would be perfect, Would much rather have one i was happy with than one to clutter my collection box. And atlest if you have it this way you wont have to worry rng will give the one you dislike.

Why trade down? Because I honestly really loathe the atronach mounts. I tested the crates on the pts. I got two. Was happy it was on the pts, because I really didn't want any of them. What I wanted was the lion. Or the clouded leopard, although I do have that one on my live account.

The huge issue that the clown crates would be for me is that I only bought the items that I really liked from the crown store. I didn't like many. I would have to buy a LOT of crates to get items for the first time. I would have to get just about every single costume and pet in the store before I'd start getting duplicates, that I could trade in for gems. And my account would have all the items I didn't like and didn't want. And the way the RNG gremlins usually work for me, every single atronach mount I despise, but not the NOT ATRONACH THEMED lion or pit wolf that shouldn't have been in the THEMED clown crates in the first place.

Again, if you can pick the apex reward you want, you won't feel the need to keep buying the clown crates until you get what you really want. Marketing director wants you to buy all the crates forever, for reasons. Unless there is a major change in the direction of things, they aren't going to do that.
  • MockingCat
    MockingCat
    ✭✭
    Why trade down? Because I honestly really loathe the atronach mounts. I tested the crates on the pts. I got two. Was happy it was on the pts, because I really didn't want any of them. What I wanted was the lion. Or the clouded leopard, although I do have that one on my live account.

The huge issue that the clown crates would be for me is that I only bought the items that I really liked from the crown store. I didn't like many. I would have to buy a LOT of crates to get items for the first time. I would have to get just about every single costume and pet in the store before I'd start getting duplicates, that I could trade in for gems. And my account would have all the items I didn't like and didn't want. And the way the RNG gremlins usually work for me, every single atronach mount I despise, but not the NOT ATRONACH THEMED lion or pit wolf that shouldn't have been in the THEMED clown crates in the first place.

Again, if you can pick the apex reward you want, you won't feel the need to keep buying the clown crates until you get what you really want. Marketing director wants you to buy all the crates forever, for reasons. Unless there is a major change in the direction of things, they aren't going to do that.

Id be happyer to buy them if i was garinteed the Atronach mount i wanted if you maniged to draw the card.

OR they need to up the gems you get, when you spends 50$-70$ you should have enough to get one(or atlest very close to it) of the apex at lest from gems. 40-50$ i spent i barley had 100 of them.... :/ Come on. The only way to get these gambling crates is with cash. Id be less picky if you could get them in game free and a way to open them. Kinda how GW2 douse there rng box, its anoying to get the keys free but you can still get them free if you put in the time. ESO only has 1 way to get the boxes cash.

And if more people complain they may change it :3 (..maybe.....Hopefully. lol)
    Edited by MockingCat on December 27, 2016 9:10PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the marketing director they hired to monetize things as much as possible is in there, it isn't going to change.

If you could get the one you wanted the first time you got one, you would stop buying the clown crates. They don't want you to stop. The whole point of the exercise is to get you to buy as many as you can to keep trying to get what you want. If you want to try to figure out how many crates you'd need to buy to get the gems you need to buy what you want, MissBizz put up a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eojQGZsdefM

This is why they won't let you pick; at 3:20ish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzVzWPTXnM4&t=192s
    That's ffing lucky; I don't have to buy anymore.....
    Edited by JKorr on December 27, 2016 9:32PM
  • MockingCat
    MockingCat
    ✭✭
    As long as the marketing director they hired to monetize things as much as possible is in there, it isn't going to change.

If you could get the one you wanted the first time you got one, you would stop buying the clown crates. They don't want you to stop. The whole point of the exercise is to get you to buy as many as you can to keep trying to get what you want. If you want to try to figure out how many crates you'd need to buy to get the gems you need to buy what you want, MissBizz put up a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eojQGZsdefM

This is why they won't let you pick; at 3:20ish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzVzWPTXnM4&t=192s
    That's ffing lucky; I don't have to buy anymore.....

Ok But thats not garinted to happen, youll inevitable stop buying them when you get what you want. whether is an apex rewards or lower. Say If you wanted the red wolf mount and only wanted that and say you got it after 2, ok then there not buying anymore. So ESO loses a buyer after 2 boxes. That bound to happen every so often with many people in an mmo.
    Its only an added benefit to the box if you can chose the apex, as theres only the atronah mounts in that category. Why not have a really nice benift to the top rank reward?
    Edited by MockingCat on December 27, 2016 10:01PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It won't bring in enough money. MissBizz bought the large bundle of crates, costing 5000 crowns because, between all the people tracking information about the crates on pts and the live game, she figured she would be able to get enough duplicates or enough consumables to trade in for gems to buy what she wanted. What she wanted cost 40 gems. She made it with a few to spare.

There was a thread... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306221/crown-gem-conversions-and-the-equivalent-cost-in-dollars-of-an-apex-mount