The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(Suggestions) Great Unicorn mount

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No there are already too many horse like mounts.
    No no nonononononononono

And for the lore-aware, the original unicorn was about the size of a goat and would not have been suitable as a mount.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    No no nonononononononono

And for the lore-aware, the original unicorn was about the size of a goat and would not have been suitable as a mount.

@newtinmpls , you should really take a look here.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    No no nonononononononono

I'm going to need a source for that. The unicorn in Oblivion could very well be used as a mount. It was just kinda violent.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya got me... I wasn't thinking ES lore. Good call.

And most of Oblivion drove me nuts. I hardly played it and I will continue to try my hardest to repress it all

especially the orcs
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    I want more horse mounts, actual horses, just different breeds.
    A unicorn mount? No way. There was a single unicorn in oblivion and they state how rare they are, not something you'd see a bunch of people riding. The glitter part? Definitely not.

I imagine you can find an MLP game if you want magical sparkly horses.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayth wrote: »
    I want more horse mounts, actual horses, just different breeds.
    A unicorn mount? No way. There was a single unicorn in oblivion and they state how rare they are, not something you'd see a bunch of people riding. The glitter part? Definitely not.

I imagine you can find an MLP game if you want magical sparkly horses.

Unicorns will be THAT rare in 800 years (when the events of Oblivion happen).

We have no idea of how many Unicorns there can be in the 2nd Era.

Actually, if just a handful of them are alive now, I find it absurd that any unicorn was able to get to the end of the 3rd Era alive. There must be quite a few of them hidden away somewhere at this point in the timeline.
    Edited by Abeille on January 3, 2017 8:32PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly, I thought that this is a trollpost.
    Why u don't want a creepy, dark and scary mount to fear your enemy?
    What will be next? Pink Panther?

Because we're not all teenage boys desperate to prove we're dark and serious and "mature"?

I'd quite like a unicorn as long as it looked like the one in Oblivion - a white horse with a horn, no silly sparkle effects. But as other people have said the problem is they're supposed to be one of the rarest creatures in the world (rarer than dragons) so it wouldn't make sense if loads of people were riding them.

On a related note I'd also like to see more varieties of horses, as other people have said. I imagine it wouldn't have been too difficult to make minor tweaks to the model instead of making them all re-colours of the same model.

Maybe the paint horse (which originally had higher carrying capacity) could look like a shire horse or Clydesdale or another draught horse breed, the bay (had higher speed) could be a thoroughbred and so on.

Even if they only had 3 or 4 models and re-used them it'd be an improvement.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Maybe the paint horse (which originally had higher carrying capacity) could look like a shire horse or Clydesdale

Oh I would buy it in a second. I'm a sucker for Clydesdales...
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not that bound to the lore game though the lore is really nice and I loved it however let's face this way unicorns were known to be one of the rarest creatures which doesn't mean we cannot have them back... creating a new chapter to the lore or even unfolding a hidden line from the lore would make it possible to bring back not only the unicorns but also the dragons. After all , this is a game therefore we should be able to enjoy it even deeper by having some of our game fantasies brought to life. Make it possible for some type of unicorns to pop up in certain area of Tamriel for one hour every week and give us the chance to try capturing them by using a magical stone sold in the crown store or for in game gold... that would make the whole thing more challenging and rewarding but make sure to make available at least 2 types of unicorns with different colours and features. Let's explore our fantasies and make Tamriel even more magical e immersive.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Actually, if just a handful of them are alive now, I find it absurd that any unicorn was able to get to the end of the 3rd Era alive. There must be quite a few of them hidden away somewhere at this point in the timeline.

Don't Unicorns live in Hircine's Hunting Grounds? So that might be why Tamriel doesn't see many of them.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Don't Unicorns live in Hircine's Hunting Grounds? So that might be why Tamriel doesn't see many of them.

Yes, they do. I don't know if they are from there or if Hircine just put them there to be prey for the hunters, but unicorns do live in Hincine's Hunting Grounds.

Either way, we have mounts that are from Daedric Planes already (ice and fire horses).

Meet my characters:

• rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's the mount of my dreams.
    I am heartbroken to not see my great unicorn mount in the new update! It's like Zos doesn't listen at all.
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    RGvolterra wrote: »
    I'm not that bound to the lore game though the lore is really nice and I loved it however let's face this way unicorns were known to be one of the rarest creatures which doesn't mean we cannot have them back... creating a new chapter to the lore or even unfolding a hidden line from the lore would make it possible to bring back not only the unicorns but also the dragons. After all , this is a game therefore we should be able to enjoy it even deeper by having some of our game fantasies brought to life. Make it possible for some type of unicorns to pop up in certain area of Tamriel for one hour every week and give us the chance to try capturing them by using a magical stone sold in the crown store or for in game gold... that would make the whole thing more challenging and rewarding but make sure to make available at least 2 types of unicorns with different colours and features. Let's explore our fantasies and make Tamriel even more magical e immersive.

+1
    I like the idea of working for mounts...
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes oh Yes oh Yes <3 I want it to eat rainbows and poop butterflies!!!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »

How do butterflies get into it's digestive system after it eats rainbows?
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »

(Panting creepily) :p
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »

(Panting creepily) :p

<_<
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I am worried about it costing too much in the crown store.
    It's not something I would buy, but I would love to see some in the game world.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rxhymn wrote: »
    I am heartbroken to not see my great unicorn mount in the new update! It's like Zos doesn't listen at all.

Game development is not a quick process, especially at a big company.

Even if someone at ZOS saw this topic the very first day it went up, loved it and decided it should happen it wouldn't be in this patch. If you're lucky and that person gets to make the call on things like which new mounts are introduced the process is a lot easier, but most likely there's not one person who makes those decisions so they need to persuade the rest of the team that a unicorn mount is a good idea.

Then the concept art needs to be made and approved, the model created and animated etc. and approved (and this needs to be scheduled in around all the other work the same people need to do) and then the release needs to fit in with everything else that's planned. For example they've just recently had the white wolf and the elk - two limited-time special mounts (one of which was not well received), they probably want to have a break before they add another one so players don't start complaining they only ever make mounts. And they might already have another special mount lined-up.

All of that could probably get done (and the scheduling skipped) for an important update, but not for a novelty mount.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I am worried about it costing too much in the crown store.
    NetViperX wrote: »
    To me a unicorn is just another type of horse, I already have a horse.

You might have a horse but it doesn't fart rainbows when you hit LShift.

j5d2tYW.gif

PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    Top, make unicorns great!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take my $100.00 if it sparkles.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Take my $100.00 if it sparkles.

Make it $200.00 and Zeni will get right on that :P
  • Wiccix
    Wiccix
    Instead of having it be a real unicorn, why not make it cosmetically look like one.
    Like maybe armor or jewelry/headdress with a horn so it's still a horse but also looks like a unicorn.
    I wouldn't mind that- a horse with a unicorn headdress, mane braided with ribbons- call it a Carousel horse Mount.

That way people get their "unicorn" without breaking lore.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love unicorn mounts. They could use the Mind Shriven horse mesh. I can understand the argument that it's not necessarily lore-friendly, though because of the supposed rarity of unicorns.

Then again, they're bringing out sabre cat mounts, and how often did you see people riding sabre cats in Skyrim? LOL.

• Jah_Shaka
    Jah_Shaka
    ✭✭
    Please NO Unicorn mount please ....

• ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about just NO.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOR

THE

LOVE

OF

GOD

PLEASE

NO

NO

AND....

NO!
    Beta tester November 2013
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^not really mount of my dreams but I'm not affraid about its cost too.

Unicorn is in ES lore if I remember well so I guess it's not worse than atronach mount. Just don't make it pink xD
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker