The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Play on normal client with Steam account?

Illurian
Illurian
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all,

A friend of mine bought her account on steam during the recent sale. She was trying to play on my pc (normal client), but could not log in as she needed to log in through steam. Opening steam, it became apparent that we needed to reinstall the entire game? Even though it is already on my pc?

Is this the case? Is there a workaround so that I don't have to download 40 GB worth of data that I already have?

Thanks!
Kiss the chaos.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna shamelessly bump this post because I still don't have an answer (even a "no, it's impossible" would be nice, guys).
    Kiss the chaos.
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    I once looked into registering a (standalone) ESO installation with the Steam client but found no solution at all, so my guess would be that yeah, you'll have to redownload completely. :/
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once looked into registering a (standalone) ESO installation with the Steam client but found no solution at all, so my guess would be that yeah, you'll have to redownload completely. :/

Hey, thanks for your reply.

What a stupendously stupid system this is.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • rhymer
    rhymer
    ✭✭
    So, is there any chance that this would be fixed? It is extremely inconvinient!