The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus Needs More Monthly Crowns

Darkstorne
Darkstorne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Dro-m'Athra Mount - 4000 Crowns
15 Crown Crates - 5000 Crowns (though they'd be a rip-off at any price)
Elk Mount - 4500 Crowns

Okay ZOS, we get it. You want to start charging more for your cosmetics than you do for entire DLC packs that take thousands of man hours to create and offer dozens of hours of new content. But that throws the ESO Plus deal completely out of whack. We pay you every single month while the majority enjoy the game for free, because we love the game and want to support you. The deal was we'd get a bunch of minor benefits in return, and we'd get a monthly pack of Crowns to buy items on the store with.

At older prices 1500 Crowns per month was enough to buy something fancy every month, or two at most. Now it's enough to buy something fancy every THREE months. Unless you love the idea of Crown Crates and want the best value pack, in which case it will take you FOUR MONTHS of subscribing to save up enough Crowns to buy them.

Until you either come to your senses and apologize for all the blatant price gouging on the Store that we had HOPED would be restricted to Crates but you've now made perfectly clear isn't, and either get prices back in line (that Elk should be 2500 tops, probably less given it has no stat appearance upgrades and customizations), or you increase monthly Crowns for subscribers to also fall in line with these price hikes, I've cancelled my sub and will refuse to support such a blatant "f***-you" attitude to the community that recent staff changes at ZOS seem to have brought about. No more money from me until you get your act together.
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this especially as a loyal eso subscriber. With the average price of crown store items now around 2500 we are not getting enough crowns to afford anything. And in terms of people who don't subscribe and buy crowns for $50 can now only make about 1 significant purchase. Something needs to be done, either drop the price of crowns or increase the amount of crowns received.

This is not the beginning where 3 costumes were 400 crowns or 1 exotic mount was 1800. Now it's looking at 1000+ crowns for a single costume and 4500 for a single mount, not to mention 1000+ for a personality. I've been around since day 1 and always defended zenimax but now I'm rather infuriated by this blatant slap in the face to loyal customers. Please reavaluate your marketing strategy, like honestly zenimax are you going to pay $40 for a mount? I doubt it highly.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    This is not the beginning where 3 costumes were 400 crowns or 1 exotic mount was 1800. Now it's looking at 1000+ crowns for a single costume and 4500 for a single mount, not to mention 1000+ for a personality.

Exactly. If it was simply more content in the store at the same prices, that'd be fine. More options are great. But when the prices are skyrocketing then it devalues the ESO+ membership. Those 1500 Crowns aren't much of an incentive when it means one mount every 3 months. We're forced to both pay for a sub AND pay for more Crowns, which is exactly the situation the monthly Crown amount was supposed to prevent.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's called "Having your cake and eating it too". Seems to be zos philosophy with regard to subscription benefits and crown store prices. So long as items continue to sell at current prices, expect more of the same. As long as subscribers also buy more crowns, there is no incentive for zos to give more to subscribers. I agree with OP, but I just don't see the clock being turned back. :'(

th?&id=OIP.Md718f49567d3f92a37ea4c843cf52effo0&w=212&h=185&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Okay ZOS, we get it. You want to start charging more for your cosmetics than you do for entire DLC packs that take thousands of man hours to create and offer dozens of hours of new content. But that throws the ESO Plus deal completely out of whack.

That is the whole point. ESO is riddled with this sneaky trying-have-it-both-ways nonsense.

ESO Plus gives you 1500 crowns per month..... but there are semi-regular huge crown pack discounts and items in the crown store will be priced outrageously according to that biggest discount.

At launch there were racial bonuses but also a statistical soft cap. So racial bonuses matter (they say) and also they don't at all.

Pre launch they were literally saying both that there were and were not enough skill points to learn every skill on a single character. When pressed for a straight answer they dodged like a sports pro, but eventually committed to the not.

ESO has classes but also a lot of skills everyone can learn - trying to please two very different groups of players and not hitting the mark for either. Eg. having lumped a character with a theme like holy magic for Templars, using the generally necromantic looking abilities from the Undaunted line feels very out of place.