The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Way To Please Everyone even Zenimax on account of The Elk-gate Scandal

moxxon
moxxon
Soul Shriven
Dear Zenimax,

I, like several if not many of the brothers and sisters in this game have been waiting patiently and keeping just enough points for Elk.

Now with a significant price tag that does not go easy for many including myself, perhaps your marketing people have simply erred or perhaps testing waters. Either way, the fallout is tremendous and your great establishment is now labelled as a Christmas Grinch or more akin to a scandalous way to simply empty our real life purse strings.

So , to appease everyone including myself, I would sincerely hope that ZENIMAX considers having a Crown Pack Sale, for the following reasons:

1. Many such as I, whom have not bought into the Elk-gate, would benefit to know that we get a great discount and therefore may relieve our hard earned real life money for a significant reduction of costs. Mind you , your mount will still be 4500 (to be fair to those that have surrendered initially)
2. Your company, ZENIMAX will benefit from more sales in actual fact on account of players even buying more than 4500 crowns and perhaps try their hand in your crown crates.

This would be a win-win scenario and last ditch salvo to save an otherwise disastrous Christmas PR event.

My sincerest apologies to those that have purchased the Elk mount already if should ZENIMAX offer a sale on their crown packs.

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this is what they have planned all along, a crown sale some time later this month. Figuring that the elk would be purchased with almost half-priced crowns, they doubled the price.

But I play devils advocate with myself, because many of the more veteran ESO players who have endured the slow rise of prices in the crown store have started buying crowns when they are on sale and stocking up for the future. They basically only buy crown items with discounted or sub crowns. So essentially, many of the people that are saying the price tag is too much, they are already taking into account that the crowns they would be spending are discounted or subbed crowns. Justification for marking up the prices? I don't know.

All in all, I think people feel the elk is relatively too expensive compared to other items they could get now or later in the crown store, making the price a moot point.
  • Stargazer126
    Stargazer126
    ✭✭
    I would be surprised if there was not going to be a crown sale before the end of the winter holiday. However, I doubt that it will have any effect on how people currently feel about the price of the Elk mount. While it does appear to be very expensive, even on ZOS standards, there really isn't anything they can/will do about it at this point.

On another note, you even make mention of it in your post about people who have already purchased the mount. Should there be a crown sale, it would not be to balance the price of the mount to make it more enticing to the community, but rather something completely independent. ZOS, in my opinion, has no reason to attempt to 'fix' the price of the Elk mount via a crown store sale. The mount is going to be purchased either way. Not to be harsh, but the people who already purchased the mount did so at the current price with the current value of crowns. The fact that they did not wait for a crown sale, should there be one, is on them.

In short, the Elk is priced the way it is, and a crown sale will most likely not be added for the purpose of appeasing the crowds.

Also, love the term "Elk-gate" ;)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trxveler wrote: »
    I would be surprised if there was not going to be a crown sale before the end of the winter holiday.

Crown store sales and limited time offer mounts generally don't coincide. But people are reporting a crown sale on the EU server so maybe.
    Trxveler wrote: »
    However, I doubt that it will have any effect on how people currently feel about the price of the Elk mount.

Yes it would.

Had there been a crown sale on during the similar glow kitty saga I'd have bought one. No question.

I was prepared for this one and bought crowns last time they were on sale. So for me the cost of the elk mount is steep but not so outrageous I won't buy it.

Give that option to players who weren't prepared and I would bet an elk that most would take it.