The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Elk Mount is a blatant Ripoff - Plain and Simple

• arakis99ub17_ESO
    Good news, at 4500 I am not tempted to buy the Elk. Money stays in my wallet. win/win

I am more tempted to buy the (expensive)merchant assistant as that would at least add some convenience to my gamplay.

• Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely cannae understand why they would make it so expensive, it doesn't even have visual upgrades like standard mounts and yet it costs more than any other mount added to the store? I'm not even sure if it's worth the 2500 price of the usual limited time mounts because it lacks any sort of appearance upgrades.

The only plus side I see to this situation is less people will be riding round of crazy mounts that aren't horses.

#Makehorsesgreatagain
    Edited by Dayth on December 23, 2016 7:48AM
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    same to expensive
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • furious_fred
    Holy crap, they really got quite impertinent here.

How can they take roundabout $30 for a stupid deer, that does not even move like a proper deer?! The animation is nothing new at all, but more like a horse???

I was so happy when they announced it and now I feel quite busted. For real, this whole thing how the Shop and prices change takes me quite some fun out of the game. (And they might even get more profit when selling the elk for less, more ppl would buy it I guess...)
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Jacking the price up well beyond the usual pricepoint and applying pressure to buy it, by using a restricted timeline to buy it borderlines on extortion, or extortion-like tactics.

Extortion: 'the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through FORCE or threats.'

Now I'm not directly saying ZEN is actively doing this, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like one..well. They know the price jump was going to turn off a lot of the playerbase from buying it, so they put PRESSURE on the weakminded players by setting a short purchase window in which to buy it. Unfortunately, this will not turn out well for ZEN as community trust as been compromised. It's going to take a lot to fix it. If they are doing this for the stupid deer mount, image how much houses will cost...ten of thousands of crown coins.
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would have been yet another of many opportunities to create more incentive to sub but ZOS drops the ball yet again. Its not just the price I find ridiculous but the fact that its not even a month since crown crates were released and most subs would have blown their collective stash of crowns trying to get the atronach mounts. There should have been a significant discount for subs. Yeah I love the crafting bag but that doesn't abscond ZOS to provide continuous benefits for our loyalty. It's a disgrace.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viscous119 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. Jacking the price up well beyond the usual pricepoint and applying pressure to buy it, by using a restricted timeline to buy it borderlines on extortion, or extortion-like tactics.

Extortion: 'the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through FORCE or threats.'

Now I'm not directly saying ZEN is actively doing this, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like one..well. They know the price jump was going to turn off a lot of the playerbase from buying it, so they put PRESSURE on the weakminded players by setting a short purchase window in which to buy it. Unfortunately, this will not turn out well for ZEN as community trust as been compromised. It's going to take a lot to fix it. If they are doing this for the stupid deer mount, image how much houses will cost...ten of thousands of crown coins.

Yup! Couldn't have put it any better.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think it's just common decency to have the price of the mounts be affordable especially one that is up for a limited time.
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the elk got killed by its artistry: the eyes appear soulless and creepy. Have you got near that thing and looked? Nothing looks back. I find it more disturbing than Molag Bal.

Of course, I think if there was a Molag Bal mount where you ride on the back of the Lord of Brutality and Domination, I think people would fork over the 4,500 crowns. Just saying.