Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elk Mount has no Upgrades

RomansXXI
RomansXXI
✭✭✭
Why for 4500 crowns does the Elk mount have no armor? or speed straps ? The bags come equipped on the original model. I was really hoping this mount would have some awesome armor especially for the price. All other mounts have it. What gives?
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    Why for 4500 crowns does the Elk mount have no armor? or speed straps ? The bags come equipped on the original model. I was really hoping this mount would have some awesome armor especially for the price. All other mounts have it. What gives?

Is it safe to assume you have your mount training maxed, and that these *should* be showing? (Only asking because I'm pretty sure you need to have a used the horse training thing a certain number of times for that to show up normally) Also, do you have them turned off in settings - I usually keep the bags turned off, and forget the settings are even there most of the time. (Again, just double-checking)

•  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? They could've even be bothered to put in the basic visual features for a $32 mount? If you are going to screw us, ZoS, at least take us out to dinner first. This is just freaking sad.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep spoke to a few people in game, asked if they could put on their upgrades, and it made no difference. Comes with no visual upgrades at all... I really would have loved to see some armour.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, really? That's insane! I was about to purchase the crowns so that I could buy the Elk, but this doesn't sound good at all.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is a bug, correct?
    *Special Snowflake*

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna keep saying they should've made a glowing red nose toggle...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow... just... wow. I don't even know what to say.
    Not only is it over-priced, but it's not even finished...

(Thanks for the added info everyone, btw.)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps this is the new direction for mounts moving forward. No upgrades unless you pay for them separately. They'll have a new section of the crown store for mount tackle and barding.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, really? That's insane! I was about to purchase the crowns so that I could buy the Elk, but this doesn't sound good at all.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is a bug, correct?

Lets all submit a bug report! Don't forget to response to the email to get pass the filter.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Lets all submit a bug report! Don't forget to response to the email to get pass the filter.

Submitted bug, I was too enthusiastic with purchasing this mount and didn't see the price until after I saw my crown balance afterwards. The next shock was the missing upgrades, I thought I had some turned off, went to look, saw all of them turned on. Turned them off, and no difference.

That is definitely a bug and does not act according to the regular mount behaviour, this without any notice prior. So I think we are entitled to a refund on the item. Especially for that price. I bet some Crown Store Houses will be cheaper.

Also, why are some of the mounts called "... Mount", doesn't it look visually more pleasing when something is called "Doom Wolf" or "Great Elk" rather than "Doom Wolf Mount" and "Great Elk Mount"?
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no armor, 4500, good price :smiley: , yes, it is new and pretty awesome ZOS, but still....
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this is a bug or I want a refund. I had no knowledge of there not being any visual upgrades since all mounts have them so why would I think otherwise. $32 for no armor? Bs
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    That's some low effort for maximum cash Zenimax :/
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those of you thinking this is a bug:
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us regarding the Great Elk mount. We do take your feedback into consideration for future Crown Store content releases. Because of its geometry and the fact that it already has adornment by default, this particular mount does not have an upgraded look for maxed out riding skills as some of our other mounts do. Some of our mounts will have this upgraded look, and some will not. In the future, we will do better at letting everyone know ahead of time which do and which don’t.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Also, why are some of the mounts called "... Mount", doesn't it look visually more pleasing when something is called "Doom Wolf" or "Great Elk" rather than "Doom Wolf Mount" and "Great Elk Mount"?

One possibility is to distinguish them from pets, eg. when there's both a snow wolf mount and pet.

Not that there's an elk pet now but maybe they have plans for one. And it'll only cost you.... your favourite grandparent's life, one lung, an act of murder and let's say 12 million crowns.
  • iirainbow_dash
    For those of you thinking this is a bug:
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us regarding the Great Elk mount. We do take your feedback into consideration for future Crown Store content releases. Because of its geometry and the fact that it already has adornment by default, this particular mount does not have an upgraded look for maxed out riding skills as some of our other mounts do. Some of our mounts will have this upgraded look, and some will not. In the future, we will do better at letting everyone know ahead of time which do and which don’t.

No armor upgrade, no buy.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Jiigen wrote: »

One possibility is to distinguish them from pets, eg. when there's both a snow wolf mount and pet.

Not that there's an elk pet now but maybe they have plans for one. And it'll only cost you.... your favourite grandparent's life, one lung, an act of murder and let's say 12 million crowns.

How much more distinction is needed than putting them in their own separate categories and with different visuals? What age rating does this game have? Should be sufficient enough to make the distinction ourselves.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU