The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Masel92 wrote: »
    @Masel92 is ui still bis for this build?

The fact that it's medium armor probably makes sustain harder than on live with the nerfs to light armor and cp regen.

I see many 7 light and 7 medium builds for the sustain, as well as drain magicka/stamina poisons being an absolute requirement in high end content.
    The build is still playable as it is and will still dish out great DPS. The 5/1/1 setup is still sustainable with it, no problem. With frontloaded CP you can do better DPS with non-sharpened weapons too :)

The overall loss in dps is about 2-3k. I still break 32k by myself without guard and only elemental susceptibility on.

So the 2-3k dps loss is after the 15% nerf to heavy attacks or is it due to the sustain nerfs?

After both nerfs :blush:

Shouldn't sustain be better with the 30% resource return and ele drain active?

Also with no more magician cp I would put 100 cp into the heavy attack resource cp

You don't even need electric drain. Generic Potions plus heavy attack return is more than enough. Putting 100 points in something is useless now. Look at this showing the new jump points in CP distribution:

7c86a11903b3c9df1d9b3526c58b2bff.png

Putting more than 75 points into star that nets you 15% return on 100 points is nearly useless now. The last 25 points will give you 1% increase. I hope I will be able to do the new cp allocation tonight and update this build for morrowind.

So putting more into utility (block cost reduction, break free, sprint speed) is a lot better than wasting 50 points for 1% recovery and heavy attack return.
    Edited by Masel on May 16, 2017 11:58AM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 is ui still bis for this build?

The fact that it's medium armor probably makes sustain harder than on live with the nerfs to light armor and cp regen.

I see many 7 light and 7 medium builds for the sustain, as well as drain magicka/stamina poisons being an absolute requirement in high end content.
    The build is still playable as it is and will still dish out great DPS. The 5/1/1 setup is still sustainable with it, no problem. With frontloaded CP you can do better DPS with non-sharpened weapons too :)

The overall loss in dps is about 2-3k. I still break 32k by myself without guard and only elemental susceptibility on.

So the 2-3k dps loss is after the 15% nerf to heavy attacks or is it due to the sustain nerfs?

After both nerfs :blush:

Shouldn't sustain be better with the 30% resource return and ele drain active?

Also with no more magician cp I would put 100 cp into the heavy attack resource cp

You don't even need electric drain. Generic Potions plus heavy attack return is more than enough. Putting 100 points in something is useless now. Look at this showing the new jump points in CP distribution:

7c86a11903b3c9df1d9b3526c58b2bff.png

Putting more than 75 points into star that nets you 15% return on 100 points is nearly useless now. The last 25 points will give you 1% increase. I hope I will be able to do the new cp allocation tonight and update this build for morrowind.

So putting more into utility (block cost reduction, break free, sprint speed) is a lot better than wasting 50 points for 1% recovery and heavy attack return.

So would you be posting updated cp once morrowind comes out?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated the CP distribution for Morrowind.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 do you know if heavy lightning attacks are buffed by thaum or master at arms? I'm assuming thaum based on your cp distro.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92 do you know if heavy lightning attacks are buffed by thaum or master at arms? I'm assuming thaum based on your cp distro.

The first three ticks by thaum, the last by MaA. Don't know if that's the fully ideal distribution, but it lead to the highest damage on the PTS.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 thanks
  • mimicks
    mimicks
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at your latest CP allocation for Morrowind, it looks like youre no longer putting 75 points into thaum -- is the exploiter passive not worth it anymore?
    PC NA
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    mimicks wrote: »
    Looking at your latest CP allocation for Morrowind, it looks like youre no longer putting 75 points into thaum -- is the exploiter passive not worth it anymore?

If I really used that it's a mistake, will check that now.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭
    I have done some testing, and on a target skeleton I only get 26.8k dps. This is solo, so adding in stalwart should net me 6% dps increase, leading to 28.4k. This is nowhere near your 35k solo dps; what else did you use in that fight if I may ask? did you have major breach, alkosh, stuff like that on? Otherwise my build is exactly the same as yours, save for my infiltrator set which is all purple. I tested it under Homestead (no Morrowind). Anything else I missed?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I have done some testing, and on a target skeleton I only get 26.8k dps. This is solo, so adding in stalwart should net me 6% dps increase, leading to 28.4k. This is nowhere near your 35k solo dps; what else did you use in that fight if I may ask? did you have major breach, alkosh, stuff like that on? Otherwise my build is exactly the same as yours, save for my infiltrator set which is all purple. I tested it under Homestead (no Morrowind). Anything else I missed?

Major breach was active, nothing else :) in morrowind I recommend going with the Off-Balance version of the build. It has been hurt less by the heavy attack nerf than the other one and is great group support. I only change to the other one when a boss is immune to concussion or I know 100% that the healers will keep a lightning blockade up enough, which is basically never :smiley:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    The off-balance build just got its heavy attacks buffed by 30%. Maybe that'll be a lot better than the other build now.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using the " I want to nuke vma build". (Charged moondancer, nirnhoned vma) Is there gonna be anything I need to change with Morrowind? Will I need those sharp weapons?
    Edited by SASQUATCH0 on May 22, 2017 4:33PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    I've been using the " I want to nuke vma build". Is there gonna be anything I need to change with Morrowind?

Only CP as they are in here. Besides that... Nope :blush:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using the " I want to nuke vma build". Is there gonna be anything I need to change with Morrowind?

Oh did you update the cp for that build?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Oh did you update the cp for that build?

I use the same cps on all of them. So yes, it's updated :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The off-balance build just got its heavy attacks buffed by 30%. Maybe that'll be a lot better than the other build now.

@Masel92 how is this? Did zos change something with off balance damage in the latest patch?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

@Masel92 how is this? Did zos change something with off balance damage in the latest patch?

They nerfed the overall heavy lightning attack damages by 15%, but increased the damage against off-balance targets by 30% to 70%, it was 40% before. It's in the 3.0.5 patch notes. That was definitely not in the closed beta, so that must've been a buff they introduced today.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They nerfed the overall heavy lightning attack damages by 15%, but increased the damage against off-balance targets by 30% to 70%, it was 40% before. It's in the 3.0.5 patch notes. That was definitely not in the closed beta, so that must've been a buff they introduced today.

Charged staff it is!!!
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    Have you ever tried a fire staff heavy attack version of this build?

Say a charged fire staff front bar, vma lightning backbar. Reason I'm curious is because my dk is dunmer. Also, because heavy attack speed for fire staves got buffed, this may be viable.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92

Say a charged fire staff front bar, vma lightning backbar. Reason I'm curious is because my dk is dunmer. Also, because heavy attack speed for fire staves got buffed, this may be viable.

Might be! Why don't you just test it yourself and tell me how it works :) I will definitely do it once I'm back
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92

Might be! Why don't you just test it yourself and tell me how it works :) I will definitely do it once I'm back

The only concern would be cp splitting between thaumaturge and master at arms. Fire heavy is buffed by master, but 75 cp in thaum is a requirement for the off balance passive.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we don't have someone to guard and don't use spell power pots, would entropy be a good replacement for the max health and major sorcery? Or would running other damaging skills be better (this is my first dps character so in terms of testing rotations what will make the difference is how well I do and not necessarily the setup :p )
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    If we don't have someone to guard and don't use spell power pots, would entropy be a good replacement for the max health and major sorcery? Or would running other damaging skills be better (this is my first dps character so in terms of testing rotations what will make the difference is how well I do and not necessarily the setup :p )

You have major sorcery through molten armaments :) and the health isn't needed. If anything I'd put rearming trap and flames of oblivion on the bars instead.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten so used to the morph and boosting heavy attacks that I forgot about that
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the build btw, very easy to practice with
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a bit confused on what to run, as there are like 4 sets under the VMA build. Haha.

Things I have access to: Moondancer and infal lighting, both sharp and precise (not charged), Spinner lighting I have in charged and sharp, VMA lighting I have in Sharp, precise, and charged. In terms of jewelry or armor, I have or can easily get just about anything. The obvious thing I dont have is a charged lighting staff of INfal or Moondancer.

How would you set it up? Would you go with a sharp moondancer or a charged spinner (you would lose spinner 5 piece on back bar).
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 23, 2017 9:51PM
  • Imvoracious
    Imvoracious
    ✭✭
    I am a bit confused on what to run, as there are like 4 sets under the VMA build. Haha.

Things I have access to: Moondancer and infal lighting, both sharp and precise (not charged), Spinner lighting I have in charged and sharp, VMA lighting I have in Sharp, precise, and charged. In terms of jewelry or armor, I have or can easily get just about anything. The obvious thing I dont have is a charged lighting staff of INfal or Moondancer.

How would you set it up? Would you go with a sharp moondancer or a charged spinner (you would lose spinner 5 piece on back bar).

5 spinner 1 charged maelstrom and 4 moondancer with precise would be my guess.
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭

If I'm not mistaken charged for the maelstrom lightning staff provides no discernible benefit since we need the shock enchantment to proc off-balance, no? You'd really want to use a charged spinners with shock for the off-balance uptime.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Sleezly wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken charged for the maelstrom lightning staff provides no discernible benefit since we need the shock enchantment to proc off-balance, no? You'd really want to use a charged spinners with shock for the off-balance uptime.

Exactly.

With a MD/IA/MA charged lightning you go 2 Ilambris, 5 Spinner on Body and 4 MD/IA/MA charged lightning with shock enchant on front and any vMA lightning on back.

If you don't have that (like me, only have 2 charged IA infernos), use 2 Ilambris, 4 Aether 4 Spinner, and a charged spinner lightning with shock enchant front and any vMA lightning back (preferably sharpened).
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    screenshot_20170627_141737.png

Just wanted to give a current parse to show that the build is still good. 2 Ilambris, 5 Spinner and 4 Aether, vMA lit staff.
    PC EU

Youtube: