The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    pizzaow wrote: »
    I had a quick question on the glyphs for this... I see your BiS uses Damage and Crusher, while the no-grind build uses dual shock enchant.
    Is the shock designed to proc off-balance more often? Also, wouldn't the crusher be redundant for trials, since most tanks run crusher?.. or is it useful for keeping 100% uptime?

I run dual damage in the UI setup and the no grind setup is theoretical so you can experiment with different enchants... If you don't have a vMA staff, I highly recommend going for the off-balance setup with 2 illambris, 4 aether and 5 spinner with charged lightning staffs with a shock enchant. You buff your group a lot and dish out nearly the same damage as the other one.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is outdated. Many groups are using lightning blockade to debuff targets. Heavy attacks on boss remove some of the debuffs and as such lowers the groups dps.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    This build is outdated. Many groups are using lightning blockade to debuff targets. Heavy attacks on boss remove some of the debuffs and as such lowers the groups dps.

Not another one of those. Heavy attacks remove off-balance for 1/3 of a second at the last ticks of the the two heavy attacks included in the 10 second rotation with three lightning blockades up, so for 0,67 seconds out of 10 seconds > 6,7% of 10% is a group dps loss of 0,67%. Heavy attacks hit for 40% more against off-balance enemies and are thus countering that by a bigger margin. If that 0,67% is bothering you then I'm sorry... If your healers keep Blockades up 100% during all fights in the game, congrats, I've never seen that.

PC EU

Youtube:
  • GERMANO-THE-IMPERIAL
    Is this for PvP ????
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this for PvP ????

Pve. Nobody in pvp will stand in your wall of elements lol.

Although, you can dual fairly well with this build if you know what you're doing.
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on April 1, 2017 6:47PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Is this for PvP ????

Pve. Nobody in pvp will stand in your wall of elements lol.
    That's not to say that WoE is useless in PvP. I've used it in PvP before (stopped because I felt like I needed S&B), and I found that a lot of players actually did stand in it, since they underestimated how much damage it'd be able to do.

It's even pretty useful against players who are a little bit smarter than that. Area denial can come quite in handy. Also consider that DKs have chains and talons, which have incredible synergy with WoE.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your new VMA DK heavy build has me intrigued again. I wasnt a fan of the first one. Nothing against the build and it was certainly easy enough, I just missed the single target DPS. This one looks like it solves that issue. I like the idea of using Flame Lash as a proc only skill, and I really like the simplicity of it all.

Ill probably give it a try this week and see how it goes.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Your new VMA DK heavy build has me intrigued again. I wasnt a fan of the first one. Nothing against the build and it was certainly easy enough, I just missed the single target DPS. This one looks like it solves that issue. I like the idea of using Flame Lash as a proc only skill, and I really like the simplicity of it all.

Ill probably give it a try this week and see how it goes.

Damage is certainly not an issue on this one. I broke 560k on my dk with it today...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Added a Group-Buffed Dummy Parse.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92

Thank you for the build and the useful input.

I am really troubled on how to set up the staves on my dk and try the build. I have a charged vMA, a nirn vMA and a sharp IA.

You think it will be better to use the charged VMA as main weapon and back bar the nirn vMA or use the sharp IA as main and back bar the charged vMA?

(Rest of the build is 5 spinners+3 IA +2 Ilambris)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Zodiac_ wrote: »
    @Masel92

I am really troubled on how to set up the staves on my dk and try the build. I have a charged vMA, a nirn vMA and a sharp IA.

You think it will be better to use the charged VMA as main weapon and back bar the nirn vMA or use the sharp IA as main and back bar the charged vMA?

With spinners and a sharpened staff you'd be overpenetrating by a lot in trials. As you'd have LA Passive+Sharpened+Breach+Alkosh+Crusher=20268 Pen. With spinners you'd have 4 k on top of that, so either drop the sharpened IA or spinner. In solo play, get yourself a charged spinner lightning with a shock enchant, put that on front and any of the vMA lightning staffs on the back bar, preferably nirn to get the spell power on the back bar.

In groups, use the sharpened IA staff and 5 BSW/Julianos and the nirnhoned vMA on the back bar. The off balance uptime should be good enough without a charged staff there, and if you're the designated buffguy, use the solo setup l. Charged + Shock Enchant + Spinner is way better than anything else if you want to buff yourself or the group.

The highest damaged output still comes from the UI swords + BSW + vMA sharpened lightning staff build, but as you don't have that you can go also just go with 2 UI swords, your charged vMA staff on front and 5 spinner+3 UI + 2 Illambris. All will net you more than 30k dps.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Zodiac_ wrote: »
    @Masel92

With spinners and a sharpened staff you'd be overpenetrating by a lot in trials. As you'd have LA Passive+Sharpened+Breach+Alkosh+Crusher=20268 Pen. With spinners you'd have 4 k on top of that, so either drop the sharpened IA or spinner. In solo play, get yourself a charged spinner lightning with a shock enchant, put that on front and any of the vMA lightning staffs on the back bar, preferably nirn to get the spell power on the back bar.

In groups, use the sharpened IA staff and 5 BSW/Julianos and the nirnhoned vMA on the back bar. The off balance uptime should be good enough without a charged staff there, and if you're the designated buffguy, use the solo setup l. Charged + Shock Enchant + Spinner is way better than anything else if you want to buff yourself or the group.

The highest damaged output still comes from the UI swords + BSW + vMA sharpened lightning staff build, but as you don't have that you can go also just go with 2 UI swords, your charged vMA staff on front and 5 spinner+3 UI + 2 Illambris. All will net you more than 30k dps.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92

What's the deal with Elegance? Is it worth using in any kind of setup?

With the gold rings on sale, I am tempted..
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Imvoracious
    Imvoracious
    ✭✭
    So I am running the no grind build. I found a sharp UI axe, should I use that with the precise sword or are 2 precise swords still better? Also should I run 1 of the weapons with charged enchant and 1 crusher? I don't have a vma or master staff.

Also, would rearming trap be equivalent to using stalwart guard or would that mess up the rotation too much? Stalwart guard doesn't seem to help much in solo play as I have to have a group member that doesn't run off every 3 seconds.

Another question is would UI + Spinners be higher dps that UI + BSW? Assuming I'm using the precise swords and no bis staff.

Enjoying the build so far though! Thank you for posting it for us!
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Neighbor wrote: »
    @Masel92

What's the deal with Elegance? Is it worth using in any kind of setup?

With the gold rings on sale, I am tempted..

You can use it, but it's a general dps loss over all of the variants in the buildguide :) for example you can go 5 spinner 5 elegance 1 kena, back barring any vMA lightning staff and frontbar an elegant or spinner charged lightning staff. Good dps, so if you have the gold or AP... :wink:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    So I am running the no grind build. I found a sharp UI axe, should I use that with the precise sword or are 2 precise swords still better? Also should I run 1 of the weapons with charged enchant and 1 crusher? I don't have a vma or master staff.

Also, would rearming trap be equivalent to using stalwart guard or would that mess up the rotation too much? Stalwart guard doesn't seem to help much in solo play as I have to have a group member that doesn't run off every 3 seconds.

Another question is would UI + Spinners be higher dps that UI + BSW? Assuming I'm using the precise swords and no bis staff.

Enjoying the build so far though! Thank you for posting it for us!

There's an alternative no-grind setup using willpower and no monster set. That will make your heavies hit harder but you lose Illambris. 5 UI with dual wield (sharpened>anything else, so go with your axe and one precise sword!) and one jewelry, two willpower rings and a sharpened willpower lightning staff on the front bar and 5 julianos/bsw.

In solo play I highly recommend using the off-balance version with 5 spinner instead of bsw and flame lash and a charged staff with a shock enchant. Flame lash will proc all the time, replace guard on the front bar. Then use dragonscales or coagulating blood instead of guard on the back bar. Trap is good too of course for the back bar.

So for solo, the setup I recommend would be:

2 Illambris, one light one heavy, 5 spinner with 4 body and 1 ring, 5 UI with the two DW precise swords (you get the pen through spinner) and 2 jewellery, and any charged staff with a shock enchant. The off-balance synergy will give you 40% more on heavy attacks and constantly proc flame lash, which gives you a lot of self-healing.

PC EU

Youtube:
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92 I am just one sword away from being able to give your build a try. There is one thing I was wondering about, though. It seems to me like you would only be getting half the benefit of illambris because it would only proccyhe lightning element. Is that not not case! Wouldn't skoria be better?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92 I am just one sword away from being able to give your build a try. There is one thing I was wondering about, though. It seems to me like you would only be getting half the benefit of illambris because it would only proccyhe lightning element. Is that not not case! Wouldn't skoria be better?

You're using eruption, engulfing flames, burning embers, those are all fire damage skills, so you're using both types of it :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭

You're using eruption, engulfing flames, burning embers, those are all fire damage skills, so you're using both types of it :)

Wow, of course. What a dope I am. Thx.
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I am going to risk asking another question to which there is an obvious answer. Why is it that in the BiS build the swords are enchanted with Crusher and Spell Damage, but in the NO Grind they are enchanted with Shock Damage? Thanks.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Okay, I am going to risk asking another question to which there is an obvious answer. Why is it that in the BiS build the swords are enchanted with Crusher and Spell Damage, but in the NO Grind they are enchanted with Shock Damage? Thanks.

The BiS version doesn't use a Weapon Damage Glyph on the front bar, while the no grind version does. So having it on the back bar would be lackluster :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Imvoracious
    Imvoracious
    ✭✭
    With the nerf to BSW, will julianos be BiS or equivalent to BSW? I heard war maidens magic Dmg buff doesn't not affect DK Spells. Would scathing mage be better?

Thank you for your previous reply to my question by the way!
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the nerf to BSW, will julianos be BiS or equivalent to BSW? I heard war maidens magic Dmg buff doesn't not affect DK Spells. Would scathing mage be better?

@Alcast tested bsw vs julianos post nerf and found numbers to be similar, but bsw was still a tiny bit higher. He thinks scathing mage will be bis as it was not nerfed.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

@Alcast tested bsw vs julianos post nerf and found numbers to be similar, but bsw was still a tiny bit higher. He thinks scathing mage will be bis as it was not nerfed.

Scathing needs a Direct Spammable to get a decent uptime. I'll test it though! This build still puts out good damage, i'm currently testing a lot of stuff (CPs/Gear etc.) to get out the most.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 is ui still bis for this build?

The fact that it's medium armor probably makes sustain harder than on live with the nerfs to light armor and cp regen.

I see many 7 light and 7 medium builds for the sustain, as well as drain magicka/stamina poisons being an absolute requirement in high end content.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

The fact that it's medium armor probably makes sustain harder than on live with the nerfs to light armor and cp regen.

I see many 7 light and 7 medium builds for the sustain, as well as drain magicka/stamina poisons being an absolute requirement in high end content.
    The build is still playable as it is and will still dish out great DPS. The 5/1/1 setup is still sustainable with it, no problem. With frontloaded CP you can do better DPS with non-sharpened weapons too :)

The overall loss in dps is about 2-3k. I still break 32k by myself without guard and only elemental susceptibility on.
    Edited by Masel on May 16, 2017 1:07AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The build is still playable as it is and will still dish out great DPS. The 5/1/1 setup is still sustainable with it, no problem. With frontloaded CP you can do better DPS with non-sharpened weapons too :)

The overall loss in dps is about 2-3k. I still break 32k by myself without guard and only elemental susceptibility on.

So the 2-3k dps loss is after the 15% nerf to heavy attacks or is it due to the sustain nerfs?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ I'd like to know this as well. Console pleb here so I can't test the heavy attack nerf on this build.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

So the 2-3k dps loss is after the 15% nerf to heavy attacks or is it due to the sustain nerfs?

After both nerfs :blush:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After both nerfs :blush:

Shouldn't sustain be better with the 30% resource return and ele drain active?

Also with no more magician cp I would put 100 cp into the heavy attack resource cp
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP