The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Undaunted unweaver is trash, don't use that, it requires using stamina based skills. Undaunted infiltrator is good as it is based on magicka based skills :)

I meant to say infiltrator lol. I get the 2 mixed up.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    @Masel92 Do you think this will screw up this build?

From PTS patch notes
    -Fixed an issue where some item set procs that were meant to fire off of fully-charged Heavy Attacks (such as Sunderflame or Wise Mage) were firing on every tick of a Lightning or Restoration Staff Heavy Attack.

@Masel92

Does this change negatively affect this build? It looks amazing being based off heavy attacks as sustain is never an issue.

How does infallible aether compare to undaunted weaver based on your testing?

How about ie with different combos of the sets you used? Ie + undaunted weaver, ie + elegant, ie + bsw.

The flat minor slayer plus minor vulnerability from fully heavy attacks look interesting.

From PTS patch notes
    -Fixed an issue where some item set procs that were meant to fire off of fully-charged Heavy Attacks (such as Sunderflame or Wise Mage) were firing on every tick of a Lightning or Restoration Staff Heavy Attack.

@Masel92

Does this change negatively affect this build? It looks amazing being based off heavy attacks as sustain is never an issue.

How about ie with different combos of the sets you used? Ie + undaunted weaver, ie + elegant, ie + bsw.

The flat minor slayer plus minor vulnerability from fully heavy attacks look interesting.

I spent two months literally testing all sets that buffed heavy attacks(elegance, undaunted infiltrator, aether, spider cultist etc.). I used aether in the prior version of this build and it was slightly stronger than BSW, but now with the change you mentioned, BSW became the uncontested Best in Slot for this Build. I get a 45-50% uptime on concussion by myself now and as that gives minor vulnerability now, aether has become obsolete in raids as long as you have one or two sorcs or dks with Lightning damage.

I will update the vma version as soon as I get some testing done by myself on live.

But please mess around with this build and maybe you discover a way that to improve it that I missed until now.
    @Masel92
    Btw, have you tested this on a sorc or any other class?

I know the dk's advantage is molten armaments, but doesn't the 40% only buff the last tick of the heavy attack or is it all ticks?
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on January 29, 2017 9:47PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

From PTS patch notes

@Masel92

From PTS patch notes

@Masel92

I spent two months literally testing all sets that buffed heavy attacks(elegance, undaunted infiltrator, aether, spider cultist etc.). I used aether in the prior version of this build and it was slightly stronger than BSW, but now with the change you mentioned, BSW became the uncontested Best in Slot for this Build. I get a 45-50% uptime on concussion by myself now and as that gives minor vulnerability now, aether has become obsolete in raids as long as you have one or two sorcs or dks with Lightning damage.

I will update the vma version as soon as I get some testing done by myself on live.

But please mess around with this build and maybe you discover a way that to improve it that I missed until now.
    @Masel92

I know the dk's advantage is molten armaments, but doesn't the 40% only buff the last tick of the heavy attack or is it all ticks?

Buffs every tick. Any other class loses a lot of dps, except for sorcs, they have pretty cool synergies with heavy lightning attacks too:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3536396#Comment_3536396
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From PTS patch notes

@Masel92

From PTS patch notes

@Masel92

@Masel92

Buffs every tick. Any other class loses a lot of dps, except for sorcs, they have pretty cool synergies with heavy lightning attacks too:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3536396#Comment_3536396

@Masel92 interesting. Were you able to test the difference between bound armaments and bound aegis on the sorc? 5% max magicka vs 11% heavy attack damage?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

From PTS patch notes

@Masel92

From PTS patch notes

@Masel92

@Masel92

@Masel92 interesting. Were you able to test the difference between bound armaments and bound aegis on the sorc? 5% max magicka vs 11% heavy attack damage?

I need to come up with awhole different setup for the sorc and vMA, as aether was the main carrier of the sorc and got nerfed now. So the damage of that setup will be a lot lower than on live. The mag morph is a lot better as the max magicka is a very important part of the build, shields are alot weaker with the stamina morph and your overall damage will be lower in total.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 how much spell damage should I be shooting for?

Right now i'm running 5 elegant, 5 julianos, 1 vma precise lightning staff. I crafted julianos to start off with something as i grind arx corinium for the undaunted infiltrator. I'm not lucky enough to get a sharpened vma staff, and i'm saving my rosins for sharpened only, so my vma staff is only purple.

Spell damage is 2200something. I run into issues when fighting more than 5 ads without my ultimate up.

Btw my dk is a neglected toon, so undaunted and mages guild are not maxed yet.
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on January 30, 2017 8:33PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Right now i'm running 5 elegant, 5 julianos, 1 vma precise lightning staff. I crafted julianos to start off with something as i grind arx corinium for the undaunted infiltrator. I'm not lucky enough to get a sharpened vma staff, and i'm saving my rosins for sharpened only, so my vma staff is only purple.

Spell damage is 2200something. I run into issues when fighting more than 5 ads without my ultimate up.

Are you on PC EU? Then we can discuss it ingame later. For solo use a vma resto staff on the back bar, mostly for rapid regen. Just keep your shield up, eruption and blockade down and most things should melt really fast like that. It's so stupid that you lose 8% dps only because your staff is sharpened. 2200 spell damage is fine, with molten armaments up you should get enough damage to farm your way through.

PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you on PC EU? Then we can discuss it ingame later. For solo use a vma resto staff on the back bar, mostly for rapid regen. Just keep your shield up, eruption and blockade down and most things should melt really fast like that. It's so stupid that you lose 8% dps only because your staff is sharpened. 2200 spell damage is fine, with molten armaments up you should get enough damage to farm your way through.

Sorry i'm na ps4 lol. Us console folk have many struggles with no addons.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

It's easy mode running through vma on a heavy staff setup. Rapid regen on the back is super nice and is just reapplied when eruption goes down again. You could literally do so many setups for this build. If you're going all crafted, just do -
    5 julianos with sharpened lightning on front bar and resto on the back. Put a spell dmg glyph on the lightning, don't even gold it.

Then just do 4 Aether (3 jewellery, 1 body) and 2 skoria, 2 illambris or 2 grothdar.

Slot shell on one bar for when you're moving, drop standard when everything is stacked.

RIP maelstrom.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's easy mode running through vma on a heavy staff setup. Rapid regen on the back is super nice and is just reapplied when eruption goes down again. You could literally do so many setups for this build. If you're going all crafted, just do -
    5 julianos with sharpened lightning on front bar and resto on the back. Put a spell dmg glyph on the lightning, don't even gold it.

Then just do 4 Aether (3 jewellery, 1 body) and 2 skoria, 2 illambris or 2 grothdar.

Slot shell on one bar for when you're moving, drop standard when everything is stacked.

RIP maelstrom.

I have 5 elegant, 5 julianos, vma precise lightning staff
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

RIP maelstrom.

I have 5 elegant, 5 julianos, vma precise lightning staff

Then go and wreck stuff man! :smiley: Adjusted the Ranged version and added a few older parses from pug runs.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 how do you like obsidian shard as a heal in vma?
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on February 4, 2017 12:54PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92 how do yoy like obsidian shard as a heal in vma?

I don't use it, rapid regen is better as it constantly heals you and doesn't require an enemy to he around. I will use the new coagulating blood as it is the new heal on dks :) sad thing is that dks don't have a reliable heal over time so that we could use a master inferno on back bar for initial burst with heavy attacks.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it, rapid regen is better as it constantly heals you and doesn't require an enemy to he around. I will use the new coagulating blood as it is the new heal on dks :) sad thing is that dks don't have a reliable heal over time so that we could use a master inferno on back bar for initial burst with heavy attacks.

@Masel92 How much does the new coag blood heal for?
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on February 4, 2017 6:17PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

How much does the new coag blood heal for?

It heals you pretty much to full every time you use it, at least it did when I tested it on the PTS :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It heals you pretty much to full every time you use it, at least it did when I tested it on the PTS :)

What's the tooltip value for it? I know they made it a normal heal with bonus for missing life, which makes it way stronger than the old one.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

What's the tooltip value for it? I know they made it a normal heal with bonus for missing life, which makes it way stronger than the old one.

Puh, I think it was around 6-7k for me, but I can't use my characters on the PTS so I can't verify it. I honestly don't even need it in vma. Rapid regen plus shield is enough.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Puh, I think it was around 6-7k for me, but I can't use my characters on the PTS so I can't verify it. I honestly don't even need it in vma. Rapid regen plus shield is enough.

Rapid regen op.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the lightning staff heavy considered an aoe and therefore buffed 8% in homestead or is it just aoe abilities?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Is the lightning staff heavy considered an aoe and therefore buffed 8% in homestead or is it just aoe abilities?

The 8% only apply to abilities, so sadly no, it doesn't benefit from the passive :/ so we got a 10% dps loss on heavy attacks through lower speed for an 8 % buff on AoE abilities while on the main bar. Thunderous rage is now the mandatory ultimate for this build due to the fact that it applies concussion and gives an 8% overall damage increase while active, plus 10% from the exploiter passive due to blockade of storms.

You can expect higher parses now that I can force my guildmates to take guard and stand by my side for testing :D
    Edited by Masel on February 6, 2017 3:01PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated with new & better parses.
    Edited by Masel on February 7, 2017 11:28PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Double post
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i beat vma but it was really painful.

The slow movement speed while heavy attacking was a problem in the last boss crystal phase.

Also the purple precise staff felt much weaker than the gold sharpened weapons I normally run vma with. I'm not lucky enough to get a sharp lightning staff and i refuse to gold out a precise and waste rosins.

The other issue I have is managing my heals and buffs while dpsing with no timers on console. I'd forget to refresh rapid regen and molten armaments and it would cost me.

Edited by mr_wazzabi on February 8, 2017 4:49AM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    So i beat vma but it was really painful.

The slow movement speed while heavy attacking was a problem in the last boss crystal phase.

Also the purple precise staff felt much weaker than the gold sharpened weapons I normally run vma with. I'm not lucky enough to get a sharp lightning staff and i refuse to gold out a precise and waste rosins.

The other issue I have is managing my heals and buffs while dpsing with no timers on console. I'd forget to refresh rapid regen and molten armaments and it would cost me.

I see that buff tracking is an issue on console, I still don't know why they haven't implemented a system that let's you use addons or let's you do that somehow.

The difference between golden and purple weapons is significant, so if you want to farm it on the dk or want to get the flawless conqueror, you should consider golding out the staff, or using a sharpened crafted one, because sharpened and golden weapons really do make a large difference. Especially the weapon traits are a big issue in my opinion, because they are what makes the gear-grind so ridiculous....
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated with new parse video and a no-grind setup.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome rotation!

Even post crit nerf, illambris is still bis right?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Awesome rotation!

Thanks a lot! I prefer illambris because this build gets basically the best uptime on it that you can have. Grothdarr will work great too in melee range, but I want to keep the lightning/fire synergy. Still messed up a bit in the video, still room for improvement. The parses fluctuate a lot due to the new minor vulnerability and exploiter passive. Sometimes I get an 80%+ uptime and get 36-37k dps by myself (with guard), sometimes I can't pass 32k dps with it. In groups the uptime will be a lot better, so the dps will be better accordingly.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome rotation!

Thanks a lot! I prefer illambris because this build gets basically the best uptime on it that you can have. Grothdarr will work great too in melee range, but I want to keep the lightning/fire synergy. Still messed up a bit in the video, still room for improvement. The parses fluctuate a lot due to the new minor vulnerability and exploiter passive. Sometimes I get an 80%+ uptime and get 36-37k dps by myself (with guard), sometimes I can't pass 32k dps with it. In groups the uptime will be a lot better, so the dps will be better accordingly.

So illambris is better than kena, or no monster set and straight up stats like 1 kena, 1 grothdar? The no crit from proc sets scares me.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Awesome rotation!

So illambris is better than kena, or no monster set and straight up stats like 1 kena, 1 grothdar? The no crit from proc sets scares me.

In the parse you see that the 2 piece illambris does ~7% of the damage, so it is definetely better than mixing sets. I've tried different combinations and none of them came close to it. It out-dpses grothdarr and skoria by quite a margin.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome rotation!

In the parse you see that the 2 piece illambris does ~7% of the damage, so it is definetely better than mixing sets. I've tried different combinations and none of them came close to it. It out-dpses grothdarr and skoria by quite a margin.

Good. I have illambris in divines >:)
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP